Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] I need some Prayers Again (Still!)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Thank you AirDancer. The Lord has answered prayers for me in unusual ways before that I never expected nor saw coming, so this may be one of those things. I shall continue to hold fast to my Lord. He is my rock and my foundation and I know not where He leads me, but know I will be ok in the long run. I pray to not lose my home and it would be hard to rejoice in such a thing if it happened. I would have to find a way. I keep thinking of the beggar in Abraham's bosom. He suffered much on earth and was allowed his comfort after his flesh death. I pray it doesn't come to that for me. I've never been homeless before. That is mighty depressing to think about.

[MENTION=90700]Edward[/MENTION]:

Dear brother, I am sorry. I did not want to hurt your feelings. That was a dumb post of me above.
I apologize, Edward. Really.
So I just keep praying. Your are right, God knows better how to provide for us than we do.

You didn't hurt my feelings. No apology is necessary. :)

It's just not something that I would rather do is all. It was a reasonable suggestion, and has been suggested to me by others also. I don't know, I just don't have the heart to do it. Perhaps too much pride? I've always been self sufficient.

Hang in there Edward. Sometimes things we go through feel like a never ending storm, hit after hit after hit. God see's it all though, im sure you know that anyway, and whether it happens here or later after this life He more than makes up for it. Here's hoping and praying the best for you.

I have found such a nice little verse that emphasizes how much you can count on God. I don't mind if you'll laugh about it, because it might sound rather for children than for a man.

"Said the robin to the sparrow,
I should really like to know,
Why these anxious human beings
Rush about and worry so.
Said the sparrow to the robin,
Friend, I think that it must be,
That they have no Heavenly Father
Such as cares for you and me."

If God cares for tiny birds, we can count on Him for every aspect of our lives, right?
He loves us so much that He sent His Son into the world to save us.
You are that valuable to Him! :yes

I have found such a nice little verse that emphasizes how much you can count on God. I don't mind if you'll laugh about it, because it might sound rather for children than for a man.

"Said the robin to the sparrow,
I should really like to know,
Why these anxious human beings
Rush about and worry so.
Said the sparrow to the robin,
Friend, I think that it must be,
That they have no Heavenly Father
Such as cares for you and me."

If God cares for tiny birds, we can count on Him for every aspect of our lives, right?
He loves us so much that He sent His Son into the world to save us.
You are that valuable to Him! :yes

Hi Ms [MENTION=96768]Maedchen[/MENTION]:

We often think of God as Creator, but Hebrews 1 also speaks of the Lord Jesus as 'upholding all thing by the word of His power'. He sustains the world, too.

(Above all, He looks after those whom He has redeemed by His blood.)

Blessings.

Lord, heal this broken father-sons relationship. may the sons be saved and repent and forever feel the shame of their evil towards the man whom brought them into the world.in your name. I have done my parents wrong, I have used them. I regret that.
I didnt read all the replies. But I like the direction this post takes. Let God do it HIS Own way. Kicking them out may not solve the problem. Once the good GOD touches them...everything in your home is healed...and their presence may be innevitable. Cheer up, bro...the LORD is your strenght.

I've always been self sufficient.

Maybe that's my hangup right there.
That verse did bring a smile to my face this morning, thank you. It was very uplifting to my spirit. I'm starting to understand how Moses felt when he had what, a half million people screaming at him? He got mad and struck the rock with his staff...he was against the wall, and got delivered. Something has to happen. I can''t lose my humble little home for I would not be able to help mod on the board. That was an answered prayer for me. So I guess there are no worries, just the Lord. Everything is in His hands.

I thank you all for your prayers.

I didnt read all the replies. But I like the direction this post takes. Let God do it HIS Own way. Kicking them out may not solve the problem. Once the good GOD touches them...everything in your home is healed...and their presence may be innevitable. Cheer up, bro...the LORD is your strenght.

You're right. It's not the kids. They're being used to spiritually attack me.

LORD, God of Abraham, open the eyes of the Sons of Edward in the name of Jesus Christ.

Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all. Psalm 34:19

My prayers are with you.

Edward..... It was more then once my daughter (about 19) at the time came at me with a screwdriver to stab me. YES
Eph_6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
But that power of darkness was in the form of my baby girl who held the weapon ... by His grace in a flash she was on the floor me in control and no one hurt ( cept my broken heart) It took over 20 years for her to tell me she was glad I never gave into to her demands ... The rules of the house were 'clean and sober' or don't live here. We worked for every thing we had she would steal to 'party' to do drugs.... mostly meth... I was not going to help her live her life style of drugs by covering bills and buying food. ( we did feed the grandkids) at our house. AND did I pray for her over and over.... still do
Rom_14:19 Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another. There was zero peace in the home with her around.... Do I love her yes that is why I will not /would not be part of her choices.

The worst part of my situation now is that the younger boy works and makes very good money. He functions fine. But he spends it all on drugs. Wont pitch in on anything here. That money's going somewhere. I've gotten to where I can fairly easily see when he's on it and when he's not, and how long it has been since he used. The longer it's been, the more volatile he is. Irritable, short fused and violent. They're masters at hiding it. I can't catch them red handed with it. He can't carry it all around with him. This is a big house and I search and search and search when they're gone. He has to be dealing it also. His phone beeps day and night, lots of quick trips in the jeep. More and more "friends" come to visit him, but for some odd reason (sic) they almost never stay more than 10 minutes. I had the police here last sunday again. I got pushed down and slapped in the head a few times. They wont punch me for fear of leaving a mark which could get them arrested. He slapped my phone out of my hand to try to break it when he thought I was about to call the police (I was). Luckily when the police came they calmed down. The both lied on me and said I started pushing them around. The police wouldn't do anything because they said they can't prove who started it. When I pressed them about it, they said ok, we're going to arrest you both, then the judge can decide. I didn't want arrested, so the only way I barely squeaked out of it was to tell ok I'll leave and go to my friends and stay and simply walked away. I didn't go to my friends, too far no ride. Walked the neighborhood for a bit and prayed. Went home. Oddly enough, they were then nicer to me and said they don't want to fight with me, but why wont I just leave them alone and it wont happen again. Sigh. So much for our wonderful police.

I'm working on some things though. A way out of here for myself and I'm going to just walk away and let them have the house. If I hadn't have hurt my back I would deal with it differently. But they can kick butt now, either one of them. They're young and tough. No weapons so far though, thank God. It's not them. It's Satan trying to tear me down. I refuse to give up my faith, PRAISE THE LORD!!! :pray

They're young and tough. No weapons so far though, thank God. It's not them. It's Satan trying to tear me down. I refuse to give up my faith, PRAISE THE LORD!!!
The Good LORD who has brought you this far will never forsake you. HE knows your situation....and this will never last forever. We all pray for you.

Will be praying for you Edward! I'll pray for everything, your sons getting to know God more, your back condition, etc.

Blessings!

The Good LORD who has brought you this far will never forsake you. HE knows your situation....and this will never last forever. We all pray for you.

Thats right brother. Life here is short and eternity is a long time :)

Will be praying for you Edward! I'll pray for everything, your sons getting to know God more, your back condition, etc.

Blessings!

What a wonderful way to wake up, to see that good brothers are aur out there praying for me. Thanks a binch guys! Praise the Lord and God bless you both.

:wave

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back