Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I often wonder why

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
This is a bit confusing.

1. You have never worshipped in a Catholic church?
2. A catholic has never worshipped with you in your church?
3. You have never had dealings with a catholic?

Those are the three interpretations I could draw from this. Which exactly ...or did I just miss everything
1. I gave the eulogy in a Catholic Church at my mother-in-laws funeral. I said everything but give an alter call.
My wife and I did not participate when they gave communion. My 2 brothers-in-law thanked me for what I said.
A family members girlfriend loved what I said (he later dumped her and I thought she was the best thing in the world for him).
2. No catholic that I know of has ever stepped foot in a church I've worshipped in for 30 years.
3. I've had plenty of dealings with catholics that always ended in anger by the catholic, not me.
They always insisted on changing the subject, not me.

I think it would be interesting to ask a Catholic why they believe as they do.I have a couple of questions that make me :confused .People on this messageboard tear me apart because of my Pre-trib beliefs.Once I posted on a thread and said "For Pre-trib only" and it was shut down because someone came along and said this is an open forum.I do not think that anyone should get judgmental or have a nasty attitude about their belief.If that is the case then I think the Mods have a right to close down the thread.

Get any 2 random people in general religious or not and they will not agree on everything. Christian is a label. Everything is just a pathetic label to seperate one from another. All it does it turn brother against brother and cause conflict. I would rather be just a follower of Christ with no label just like i followed my mother and father as a child, and i follow the football, or follow the forum.

In my opinion, labels are seriously wicked.
How many just say they are a Christian when they sign up for a Christian messageboard to just get in?

This is a bit confusing.

1. You have never worshipped in a Catholic church?
2. A catholic has never worshipped with you in your church?
3. You have never had dealings with a catholic?
1 yes
2 yes they have
3 yup married one

A lot of the trouble comes from fear... fear and gossip

As a child my M-I-L had an idea the Baptist would kidnap her.. :shrug She would be walking home then run past the Baptist church...

That fear was taught i dont know by who... my mom had similar fears about Catholics

Personally i believe not everyone in a protestant church is christian... Personally i believe not everyone in a catholic church is christian..

A couple very pleasent members here are RCC haven't seen em around in a long while...

There are some heavy things the RCC teaches i am 100% convinced is not scriptural..
They also have a front line on fighting abortion.
It is a good thing there are strict on marriage/divorce

Some of the fear mongering is published in magazines like The Catholic Digest... I

One of my SIL's was Catholic.I went to Church with her a few times.Also when I was a kid I had a couple of girlfriends who were Catholic and I went to a couple Catechism classes with them.

1 yes
2 yes they have
3 yup married one

A lot of the trouble comes from fear... fear and gossip

As a child my M-I-L had an idea the Baptist would kidnap her.. :shrug She would be walking home then run past the Baptist church...

That fear was taught i dont know by who... my mom had similar fears about Catholics

Personally i believe not everyone in a protestant church is christian... Personally i believe not everyone in a catholic church is christian..

A couple very pleasent members here are RCC haven't seen em around in a long while...
So, are you a catholic now?

One of my SIL's was Catholic.I went to Church with her a few times.Also when I was a kid I had a couple of girlfriends who were Catholic and I went to a couple Catechism classes with them.

Interesting. I had a couple of Catholic girl friends too. :)

If you think about it, Christ always said 'Follow me'. The first diciples fishing with there father 'Come, follow me'. To the rich man 'Sell everything you have then come, follow me. He never said to anyone 'Label me then go label youselfs and others'.
A person is either a Christian or they are not.There is no in-between.Just like the woman who said "I am just a little bit pregnant".

Acts 11:26New King James Version (NKJV)
26 And when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. So it was that for a whole year they assembled with the church and taught a great many people. And the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch.

Probably a derogatory term, but not long afterward, the discples began calling themselves that, as we see in the Bible.

And when was the NKJV re-written?. Once the word christian had already been way in use for a long time.
I don't understand the question. I could have used ANY Bible translation.... that just happened to be the one that came up.

Obviously, since the original scriptures were not written in English, the word translated "Christians" would not have been spelled nor pronounced, C-h-r-I-s-t-I-a-n-s.......... as would none of the other words in our Bibles.

So even if that word was original. Maybe it was other people or non believers who labelled them Chrisitians going from the scripture you quoted.

"And the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch."

Maybe that was just a label given to them from 'others'?.
That is the way it is generally understood to be. (THEY were called..... NOT, They called THEMSELVES...)

Last edited:
I was baptisted in the RCC when I was 18 or 19. I was looking for God. I didn't find Him there for some reason. I knew catholics who I am sure were/are saved.
I used to work with a lady once who I think was a Christian and she was RCC.

This brother fell in love with a Catholic girl and tells his sister and friends about her. Sister and friends screamed...asking him to run for his dear life from a non Christian.

This brother fell in love with a Catholic girl and tells his sister and friends about her. Sister and friends screamed...asking him to run for his dear life from a non Christian.
I think this is getting too close to judging the Catholic religion.I simply have questions on some of the issues that they believe in.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back