Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I Stepped Back

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Bonairos

To say I only paused would not be telling for there was still motion. A reduction in speed would better qualify. Yet even so, it soon brought a halt to the momentum of moving forward. Then I stepped back.

I don’t remember actually stepping back in this relationship. Sure in times past I spoke as if I did. I tried to convince myself I had when in reality I hadn’t. It was a defense mechanism allowing me to catch my breath as I barely crept forward pondering what might lay ahead.

I do recall taking a pause once; where there was no motion forward or backwards, only to walk again. But today, to my dismay, I not only paused but I stepped back. And I did so with red flags in place.

Perhaps the cause of it one could go into detail about. But to explain the way in which it came about remains a mystery. Even as I write, I’m at a lost of words to rightly articulate the entropy that has seeded within. Yet I should seek understanding lest risk bearing fruit I don’t want or have need of.

To be engaged in any relationship promises both pleasure and pain. Yet we pursue. Relationships are what causes us to feel complete. A sense of belonging. An opportunity to both give and receive. It’s the benefit of knowing you are alive.

No person should have to live as an island unto himself. But what about when a relationship is in disarray? Is it then right to be somewhat of an island? Alone and surrounded by troubled waters that seem to systematically crash on the shore of your soul? One can only hope not. For God has bridges in place to allow others to bring in the nourishment needed to go on; to once again thrive in His presence in spite of the storms and its’ predetermined destructions.

I stepped back. However it wasn’t in the sense to just remove myself from the situation (in hopes of obtaining an external perspective). No, this was different. This step back was mentally uncharted. I found myself stepping back from moving forward. It’s as if I came to the pinnacle (or took a wrong turn) and it would be downhill from there if I continued on pace.

I stepped back and looked for secure footing in hopes of seeing the good of what was and not the impending fall that awaited if I advanced on course.

Red flags appeared. The cause? I cannot say. Nonetheless they were there to warn, if not provoke me to be vigilant of the hazards I might soon be in if not extremely careful. Immediately I stepped back. I found no logic in moving forward. Unless of course I had gained nothing from past mistakes and failures.

It’s been said, “You fool me once, shame on you†(for even doing so). “You fool me twice, shame on me†(for letting it happen again). There is a truth to behold in loving others as you love yourself. Making the choice to remove yourself from danger is not as easy as said. Though this can be applied in a variety of situations, it is especially so in close relationships and associations; bonds in which you’ve given yourself to.

There lies a fight in all of us. A resolve to tough it out until the end and see the results of our desires. Yet even in desire, and the pursuit of those desires, we may still come up short. Perhaps that is why mankind was never instructed to pray our will to be done. But rather God’s. For our will focuses on what we think is right for us. His will centers on what is best for all.

As we journey this life, there may come dealings (personal or business) when it is necessary to take a step back and walk no further. Red flags might even appear as a caution if not a warning. It is in those times that we need wisdom and guidance most. It is at those times we need to seek out the bridges in place which assure us that we are not forsaken nor orphaned. It is during those moments that we need to fall on our knees and pray, “Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth (to include my life), as it is in heaven . . .â€

Be blessed, Stay blessed, and be Bold!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back