Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] I think the worst is over, maybe...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
...OK. I can actually go outside without my neighbors messing with me. I went to the corner store for cigarettes (bad, I know) and nobody said anything. I went to get take out at a near by little restaurant, nothing terrible happened. I've prayed for God to release me from bondage and also to put an end to my torment. And now...

...its looking more and more like maybe, just maybe, the worst is over. I have a terrible reputation. My ex-shrinks set out to "make an example out of me." Age 20, already sickly, I was heavily (involuntarily) electroshocked and tormented in a private, for profit mental hospital. Age 23, I was again given involuntary electroshock at a hospital affiliated with the "best" medical school in my state. I'm 30 now. 7 years after round 2 of the ECT, I'm surprisingly intelligent (smart enough for college-level work, after all these years), have a remarkably normal personality, I write fairly well, and...

...Christ has been good to me. About 5 years ago, I filed a medical board complaint against an ex-shrink who had prescribed me high doses of Klonopin and sleeping pills as a teenager, for an extended period of time. My confidential info. has been shared with a lot of people, particularly people in my neighborhood, which is extra special.

So now, finally, I can walk outside for a cigarette or whatever, and, at least for the past couple days, I haven't been harassed. I hear people talking, but they talk at normal volume, not super loudly so I can hear. Good stuff.

Please keep praying for me. I'm on misdemeanor probation for almost 4 more years, barring some sort of miracle from on high that gets me discharged a bit early. My people are behind me (Praise God for that!) and I'm drug free, drink free, law abiding, etc...so probation, especially misdemeanor probation, isn't a huge deal, but...yeah. I get nervous, with all this animosity towards me and me on probation.

God does answer prayer, I see that now, its just...for whatever reason, sometimes it takes a while. I'm praying that the harassment will stop permanently. :)

...OK. I can actually go outside without my neighbors messing with me. I went to the corner store for cigarettes (bad, I know) and nobody said anything. I went to get take out at a near by little restaurant, nothing terrible happened. I've prayed for God to release me from bondage and also to put an end to my torment. And now...

...its looking more and more like maybe, just maybe, the worst is over. I have a terrible reputation. My ex-shrinks set out to "make an example out of me." Age 20, already sickly, I was heavily (involuntarily) electroshocked and tormented in a private, for profit mental hospital. Age 23, I was again given involuntary electroshock at a hospital affiliated with the "best" medical school in my state. I'm 30 now. 7 years after round 2 of the ECT, I'm surprisingly intelligent (smart enough for college-level work, after all these years), have a remarkably normal personality, I write fairly well, and...

...Christ has been good to me. About 5 years ago, I filed a medical board complaint against an ex-shrink who had prescribed me high doses of Klonopin and sleeping pills as a teenager, for an extended period of time. My confidential info. has been shared with a lot of people, particularly people in my neighborhood, which is extra special.

So now, finally, I can walk outside for a cigarette or whatever, and, at least for the past couple days, I haven't been harassed. I hear people talking, but they talk at normal volume, not super loudly so I can hear. Good stuff.

Please keep praying for me. I'm on misdemeanor probation for almost 4 more years, barring some sort of miracle from on high that gets me discharged a bit early. My people are behind me (Praise God for that!) and I'm drug free, drink free, law abiding, etc...so probation, especially misdemeanor probation, isn't a huge deal, but...yeah. I get nervous, with all this animosity towards me and me on probation.

God does answer prayer, I see that now, its just...for whatever reason, sometimes it takes a while. I'm praying that the harassment will stop permanently. :)

Excellent Post. :thumbsup

Thanks, everyone. Good stuff continues...

...I think maybe I'm finally waking up from the Hell on earth that was my existence, before Christ, to a new life, in Christ Jesus. Honestly, I should be either dead or so far gone that I need institutionalization, so...I've got nothing to complain about, lol. I mean, Christ has been very good to me.

One set of neighbors still hassle me now and then. Now that my paranoia has largely subsided, I realize: mentally ill people are expected to "know our place" in society. I think that's true all over, but southerners are either more vocal about it or more aggressive when it comes to enforcing the rules. I dunno...

...so, yeah. I continue to do well at Liberty. I'm now considering a History major, followed (maybe? hopefully?) by a M.Divinity. Most people who go into counseling do a 2 year masters in...well, counseling, lol...but you can work as a counselor in community/public mental health w/ a M.Divinity. Some even go on to get the LPC (Licensed Professional Counselor).

So, yeah...rationality. Some people clearly don't care for me and know too much about me, or think they do. I was a completely different person before Christ saved me and, honestly, until fairly recently. I think its only now that I can say that my senses have been restored unto me. I'm smart enough for Liberty and I have sense enough to deal with the world around me. That's a huge improvement, trust me.

Paid my probation fees for the month today. Went well. My Probation Officer smiled at me and said hey. Things are improving, gradually. I'm very much a Work-In-Progress, and so is my situation.

Back