Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I Went To Heaven

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Lee100

Last night I dreamed I went to heaven, I wish I could dream like that all the time.

I found myself standing there, looking around at all the colors. Trees of all different colors, colors not found on this earth. Streams of water, I just wanted to drink it because I knew it would be the best freshest water I would have ever tasted. The far away trees had different shades of the same color. Not like just one part of the tree will be in shadow and the other in light, but different shades of that one color. And the closer you got, there would be a different set of trees with a different set of shades of another color. It was honestly the most beautiful place I had ever seen.

As I stood there I began to realize that you just sort of know things, like I knew the near by trees were giving off oxygen, pure Oxygen, unlike the trees of earth, these trees were giving off massive amounts of oxygen, it was as if the trees were giving off the very breath of God Himself. I just want to breath it all in. There was so much to see that I simply could not take it all in. As I stood there I was thinking to myself, If Jesus were to show up, I don’t know how He could make this beautiful place any more brighter than it already is. I mean it is so bright. And then all of a sudden everybody started to point in the air, so I look straight up and I saw a bright light coming through the clouds. I did not see any form of a man, But I just knew it was Him.

The Light began to descend and come closer and closer, His light illuminated the whole valley where we were. Our Lord was coming to visit us. I knew that He was the most exciting thing there, He was the Center of excitement. If you wanted to make anybody excited, all you had to do was mention Jesus and everybody became overly joyful with there hearts bursting with gladness at the mention of His Name. I was where I wanted to be so much, were everybody is absolutely in Love With Jesus, not like down here where people could not care less about Him, it seams that the earth is growing more and more cold toward our Precious Lord as time goes on.

But were I was every single person is absolutely head over heals in Love with Jesus and that is where I felt I belonged. I want to go there still and, what I mean is I can still feel the tugging at my heart, the longing to go there, like a home sick felling. It is strange to have a home sick feeling for a place I have never been but it is real. And Jesus Christ is the one that every body wants to see and follow everywhere he goes, you see in heaven you simply can’t get enough of Jesus. He is like a strong drug and you can’t get off of Him. I want to forever stay hooked on Jesus, and live forever with Him in Heaven. Thank you for taking a tore of my dream. Thank you all for listing. Lee

Wow, that's an awesome dream! I haven't dreamt in a while, but it would be cool to have dreams such as this.

Lee100 said:
Last night I dreamed I went to heaven, I wish I could dream like that all the time.

I found myself standing there, looking around at all the colors. Trees of all different colors, colors not found on this earth. Streams of water, I just wanted to drink it because I knew it would be the best freshest water I would have ever tasted. The far away trees had different shades of the same color. Not like just one part of the tree will be in shadow and the other in light, but different shades of that one color. And the closer you got, there would be a different set of trees with a different set of shades of another color. It was honestly the most beautiful place I had ever seen.

As I stood there I began to realize that you just sort of know things, like I knew the near by trees were giving off oxygen, pure Oxygen, unlike the trees of earth, these trees were giving off massive amounts of oxygen, it was as if the trees were giving off the very breath of God Himself. I just want to breath it all in. There was so much to see that I simply could not take it all in. As I stood there I was thinking to myself, If Jesus were to show up, I don’t know how He could make this beautiful place any more brighter than it already is. I mean it is so bright. And then all of a sudden everybody started to point in the air, so I look straight up and I saw a bright light coming through the clouds. I did not see any form of a man, But I just knew it was Him.

The Light began to descend and come closer and closer, His light illuminated the whole valley where we were. Our Lord was coming to visit us. I knew that He was the most exciting thing there, He was the Center of excitement. If you wanted to make anybody excited, all you had to do was mention Jesus and everybody became overly joyful with there hearts bursting with gladness at the mention of His Name. I was where I wanted to be so much, were everybody is absolutely in Love With Jesus, not like down here where people could not care less about Him, it seams that the earth is growing more and more cold toward our Precious Lord as time goes on.

But were I was every single person is absolutely head over heals in Love with Jesus and that is where I felt I belonged. I want to go there still and, what I mean is I can still feel the tugging at my heart, the longing to go there, like a home sick felling. It is strange to have a home sick feeling for a place I have never been but it is real. And Jesus Christ is the one that every body wants to see and follow everywhere he goes, you see in heaven you simply can’t get enough of Jesus. He is like a strong drug and you can’t get off of Him. I want to forever stay hooked on Jesus, and live forever with Him in Heaven. Thank you for taking a tore of my dream. Thank you all for listing. Lee

Great Dream. God Bless. :clap :clap

Nice dream. Ephesus you said that you have not dreamed in while. You could have sometimes you can have 4 or 5 dreams a night, but you always only remember the last dream, and they last no more than a few minutes, but they seem like they last much longer. But that truly was a nice dream.

Sounds like an interesting dream.
Much more peaceful than my usual dreams. I tend to have very strange dreams. :biggrin

Thanks everybody for you nice words, and replies. Reido, I am very interested in hearing your dreams. Could you please post some of them. Thanks :)

My dreams?
Well, I usually forget my dreams very quickly but I'll try to remember some of them...
Hm.....
I've had multiple dreams in which a giant rat was chasing me.
I had a dream once that my cat had an evil twin that kept scratching me. :lol
I had a dream in which I floated to the ceiling for some reason, and then I asked everyone else in the room if it seemed supernatural that I floated to the ceiling.
I had a dream once that everything was a cartoon.
One recurring dream I had was that a ghost of some sort was trying to kill me. I had this dream at least 4 times. And every time the dream had the same basic structure. I would wake up(in the dream) in my bed and realize that something was stopping me from moving and I would somehow know that it is some kind of ghost, and then I would struggle to crawl to the lightswitch to turn on the light, but the light wouldn't work. Then I would go for the door when I was finally able to get up and I'd try to go get help. During one of the dreams I actually made it out of the room and my best friend/sister was sitting on the couch and I went to her for help...and she starting chewing on my arm. I was baffled. :o
Then, living at another house, I had the dream again, but this time during the dream I woke up in the new house.
And one particularly interesting dream I had was that I looked in a fishtank and Buffy the vampire slayer was in it, only she had fur and was part fish. And I had to help her out of the fish tank. And then I found out that all vampire slayers are born from fish tanks. And there's always someone destined to help them out of their fish tanks. :shrug

Lately it seems that my dreams center around flying, though.
I can fly in almost all the dreams I remember lately. But it's not normal flying, it's kind of like an extended jump that goes on as long as I want it too.
And the last time I dreamt about 'flying' I actually thought in the dream 'It's funny how I always have dreams about flying like this, and now I actually can fly'

I've had other, more interesting dreams...but I can't remember them too well right now.
I've always been bad at recalling dreams. :sad

WOW! Those are interesting dreams, thanks so much for posting them here. I to have had scary dreams. One time I dreamed I was at my grandmothers house we sort of live in the woods. I saw a gigantic Werewolf coming across the yard. It must have been 7 to 8 feet tall. It had 1foot long razor sharp claws and red glowing eyes. It could smell people inside their houses so I thought we were dead. I told my grandmother to quickly hide against the wall as it approached. We could hear the wooden bords of the front deck start to brake as it climbed up the wooden steps of our house from it’s immense weight. I could hear it moving and knocking things around on the front deck as it sniffed us out. I was completely paralyzed with fear. Even though the doors were locked, it would be no problem for this thing to brake down the door and come in to eat us. Thank God I awoke before it came in.

In another dream I was at my house in my bed with my wife and it was in the middle of the night when I heard it brake down the front door. It was the same werewolf. I was gripped with fear and as I lay behind My wife who was still asleep, I thought to myself , my GOD we are dead. I think I woke up and said that to myself and then realized it was just a dream. I could still feel my heart beating hard from fear inside my chest.

I to have had dreams where I fly. In most of my flying dreams it is more like I can glide for a long ways. I can’t actually fly. So I prayed for God to give me a superman dream where I could actually fly like superman. And he did. The setting was night time. It was fogy and I was standing there. I looked up and saw the sky, it had a beautiful blue night sky. I bent my knees and shot up like a bullet, straight up I went, I could feel the white puffy clouds hitting me in the face. I was going higher and higher until I had cleared the clouds and I stopped, just floating up there looking at the deep blue sky above me, it was deep blue because I was near outer space. And the moon was so large. I looked out straight infront of me and I could see the white clouds floating below. I was in between heaven and earth. I could have floated there forever but I thought I should be getting back so I turned back toward the earth and shot back down faster than before. I broke the sound barrier
with a sonic boom. When I shot back to earth the clouds parted and spread apart from the shock wave. I was making a whole in the clouds behind me, when I looked back I could see I was leaving a whole and could see straight through back to the clear place above the clouds were I was. It was the most fun dream I have ever had. I have never had a dream like that before or since. I hope you enjoyed my dream as much as I enjoyed typing it. Never mind the scary parts though. Those were not fun. Lee

The werewolf dreams seemed a lot scarier than my nightmares. Wow. :o
And your flying dream kind of reminded me of the Matrix for some reason.

I've actually just remembered another dream I had a while ago.
In the dream there was thrift store that I was shopping at, and I bought a toy there. It was a plush toy of Samuel L Jackson with a big head and a red shirt. :confused
And then for some reason there was some sort of dinner party in the store and I was invited. So I sat down and started eating. Then the girl next to me, whom I have never met before it my life or in the dream, started kissing me on the cheek. I got really confused. Then I saw someone who I only know through the internet(we live on opposite ends of the U.S) across the room from me.
Then I just left and walked across the street into a parking lot and there was a baby deer.I walked passed it and turned around...and it was an adult deer. I got closer to it and it growled at me. :shrug

Dreams are funny aren’t they, some times they make no since . I to, after dreaming the superman dream thought about the Matrix, but I had my superman dream years after I saw the Matrix where Neo flies.
I don’t have flying dreams very often. But when I do they are appreciated. I think the most wonderful dream was of heaven. I wished I could have thought about taking off in heaven and flying around for a better view. I do believe when we get to heaven we will be able to fly for real, and have all kinds of special powers we never had down here on earth. I can hardly wait.

Maybe you should try to have the heaven dream again. It does sound like a good dream, and you really seem to like it. :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back