Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I would just like to ask some questions.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Hurairah

Peace be upon those who follow guidance.

I come here with some questions, just looking to gather some basic info to satisfy my curiousity. Not looking to debate or anything, you will find there's not much to debate with my questions since it's basic info anyone can provide.

First, and this is more at the mods but maybe the regular user would know. Do you guys get a lot of trolls on here who post offensive/blasphemous material? If so, is it frequent, and do you get regular times for this type of activity? Because on other religious forums I go to, this does seem to be the case. I mean we'll get the same trolls (they uses proxies) at the same times every week.

This brings me to my next question. Does it not upset or anger people that in places like the US and UK, there are those that blantantly insult Jesus (peace be upon him)? I mean with things like offensive T-Shirts, on TV, etc. It has become the standard fare, how do you guys deal with it? Because I'm not Christian and even I'm getting annoyed.

I think I had more questions, but I'll ask them when I remember.

All responses would be appreciated, thanks for reading.

Greetings بارك اللذي نزل (Blessed is He Who Came Down),

Welcome to Christian Forums,

In reply to your question, you may have noticed that there was a delay between the time you first posted and the time it was seen on the forum. Our systems, in an effort to combat spam (not you, but those 'bots' that you mention) is designed to place certain posts into "Moderation" where it takes approval by a Mod for them to appear. And yes, this has and does serve our Members well to help to prevent the frustration that you've experienced on other forums.

Regarding your second question? Pardon my attempt at humor, and if I am allowed to poke fun at me and mine, here's a parody of what should be true:
Theywillknow_zpsb9bf29f2.jpg

Of course the truth is yet to be seen in some, yet it is a holy promise that I hold true:
[video=youtube;qrOywJnLj7Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7_wHi0PNHg[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
It's actually funny because my name is incomplete, it let me create a longer one but it displays it with the last word missing. It should read "Blessed is He who sent down The Criterion".

In any case, the admin in the Staff section said I should change it to an English name so I think it'll change to what I suggested in there.

That's a good setup you guys have regarding post approval. They have it on other forums, but not in all sections. I was still wondering if you get a lot of attempts, or a troll that's actually patient enough to start as soon as they're given permission, and to do this over and over using proxies.

I'd definitely like to see more opinions on that second question.

It is kindof funny. I like the first name (the shorter one) and hope the Google Translator that I relied on doesn't offend.

In any case, welcome! Hurairah? It is good to have met you.

Cordially,
Sparrow

it seems like that's all unbelievers can do,
is resort to humor and mocking.
people fear what they don't understand,
so the last resort is humor and mocking.
we live in a sad, petty bart simpson world.

Jesus invites the persecution from those who do not understand that there is that which is Holy. For there at his cross is where the Christ, the True Image of God sent by God, proves to all heaven and earth, that God is that Love that is Eternal without fail.

This brings me to my next question. Does it not upset or anger people that in places like the US and UK, there are those that blantantly insult Jesus (peace be upon him)?
Well it's freedom of speech, and it's okay if people disagree with our faith. So anger isn't the right response. The right response would be to pray for them (Jesus Himself prayed for those that were insulting and killing Him), and maybe, if the situation allows for it, try to discuss it with them in a friendly manner.
(That being said... of course it angers me!)

I mean with things like offensive T-Shirts, on TV, etc. It has become the standard fare, how do you guys deal with it? Because I'm not Christian and even I'm getting annoyed.
Those people are fools that have no idea who they are up against. Don't be annoyed. Pity them.

Peace be upon those who follow guidance.

I come here with some questions, just looking to gather some basic info to satisfy my curiousity. Not looking to debate or anything, you will find there's not much to debate with my questions since it's basic info anyone can provide.

First, and this is more at the mods but maybe the regular user would know. Do you guys get a lot of trolls on here who post offensive/blasphemous material? If so, is it frequent, and do you get regular times for this type of activity? Because on other religious forums I go to, this does seem to be the case. I mean we'll get the same trolls (they uses proxies) at the same times every week.

This brings me to my next question. Does it not upset or anger people that in places like the US and UK, there are those that blantantly insult Jesus (peace be upon him)? I mean with things like offensive T-Shirts, on TV, etc. It has become the standard fare, how do you guys deal with it? Because I'm not Christian and even I'm getting annoyed.

Hi تبارك اللذي نزل

Yes to your first question. Hard to define "A lot", but this site is very well maintained. I think.

To your second question, I get irritated sometimes, but I try to realize that Jesus taught us to forgive, and be forgiving. While I can not do that on my own, I can through the holy spirit of God. As you may know, we believe in God the Father, God the son, and God the holy spirit; that being one God manifested in three forms. That is to say, the orthodox view.

This is not our permanent home. We are all sojourns here, and while we are here, we are not to be 'of" this world merely in it for this time; and while we are here we are to reflect the love and mercy of Jesus Christ. We do that by inviting Him to do that through us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it not upset or anger people that in places like the US and UK, there are those that blantantly insult Jesus (peace be upon him)? I mean with things like offensive T-Shirts, on TV, etc. It has become the standard fare, how do you guys deal with it? Because I'm not Christian and even I'm getting annoyed.

Depends on the insult. Most of the time I just add them to my prayer list.

This is not our permanent home. We are all sojourns here, and while we are here, we are not to be 'of" this world merely in it for this time;

I'm kind of impressed to hear you mention that, do you guys remember death often? I know I personally believe remembering death often is good, this is why I think it's commendable to visit cemeteries or follow a funeral procession, even if those that passed are unrelated to me by blood, or even unknown to me. Even if I have no family or anyone I know at the graveyard.

Depends on the insult. Most of the time I just add them to my prayer list.

When I mention T-shirts, it's a bad insult, I mean I can't think of worse. Actually this person (whom I detest) would skulk around the laundromat I would go to, and he's always there. His very appearance annoys me, he has two red streaks on his hair and I suspect him of being so and so I will not mention here. So anyway, I don't go there anymore, plain and simple. Too bad for the laundromat losing my business, but a necessary casualty I suppose, not going to assault my faculties with this person whom I am powerless to address all things given.

Here's the thing guys, I think it's commendable to get angry. Some thing should simply not be done/said. I don't think freedom of speech should allow that, nor do I believe there is such a thing anywhere, basically anyone those in power don't care about is fair game, but as soon as you start saying things they don't like, a million little "exceptions" are found in this so called "freedom".

But that's another topic. Point is, I understand and appreciate the responses, but I like Claudya's best given he clearly stated she gets angry, I mean anyone human who has a care would. Surely we do not accept it when our parents are insulted, or when our children, sisters, loved ones.. well Jesus (upon him be peace) is greater than all of them, and so are others who were sent. One should not be less annoyed at him being insulted versus any lesser person.

That is my opinion.

This is not our permanent home. We are all sojourns here, and while we are here, we are not to be 'of" this world merely in it for this time;

I'm kind of impressed to hear you mention that, do you guys remember death often? I know I personally believe remembering death often is good, this is why I think it's commendable to visit cemeteries or follow a funeral procession, even if those that passed are unrelated to me by blood, or even unknown to me. Even if I have no family or anyone I know at the graveyard.

Personally, no. I don't give my physical death much thought. I'm alive only in Christ anyway.

As for being angry at others, it is unprofitable. A Worthless endeavor. & when I find my self in such a way, I pray for peace. 1 John 3:15, also Matthew 5:21-26 speaks to how we should view our anger.

Hi and welcome to the forums. Satan will always use those who lack faith to come against the faithful as we not only see this in Christian forums, but also in the Church as Satan uses others unaware of his devices. Yes, it angers me, but also we are instructed how to deal with those who oppose us.

Jesus was angry many times with people like when he cleared the Temple of the moneychangers and animal sellers as they disregarded God's holiness and worship, Matthew 21:12,13, Mark 11:15-18; John 2:13-22.

Mark 3:1-5 Jesus was angry at the Pharisees for their stubborn hearts in the synagogue of Capernaum where he healed a man on the Sabbath.

Ephesians 4:26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
We are instructed to not avoid anger, but to deal with our anger in a timely manner so that we do not sin against God. Anytime Jesus was angry he always gave explanation why in showing others the way of God.

Our anger towards others has to have proper motivation at not being angry at the person as we keep control of ourself, but at the sinful behavior and true injustice they cause. Anger has to have proper supplement, Mark 3:5, as by grief over those who lack faith as we need to show love by praying for them and forgiving their actions for they know not what they do.

But that's another topic. Point is, I understand and appreciate the responses, but I like Claudya's best given he clearly stated she gets angry, I mean anyone human who has a care would. Surely we do not accept it when our parents are insulted, or when our children, sisters, loved ones.. well Jesus (upon him be peace) is greater than all of them, and so are others who were sent. One should not be less annoyed at him being insulted versus any lesser person.

Well anger may be the natural response if someone we love and identify with is insulted.
But it isn't the right way. It's not what our Master taught us. He taught us to forgive and pray for those that insult us and Him, and to try to change their hearts if we get the chance, but never ever to repay hatred with hatred. Our own pious feelings aren't that relevant. In the end we are to surrender our egos to our Lord's will and His will is for us to extend love and peace.
So I do get angry at many kinds of blasphemy, but I'm not certain whether that's God's will at all. My anger might be a sin.

Be angry and sin not. We know that the anger of man does not accomplish the Will and Purpose of God.

Be angry. Sin not. I like that because it lets me be who I am (at times) and also encourages me to be who I can be (all the time).

This brings me to my next question. Does it not upset or anger people that in
places like the US and UK, there are those that blantantly insult Jesus (peace
be upon him)? I mean with things like offensive T-Shirts, on TV, etc. It has
become the standard fare, how do you guys deal with it? Because I'm not
Christian and even I'm getting annoyed.

I've often had the urge to response to those who wear Che Cavera shirts with the two following shirts...

a. One with a picture of Lee Harvey Oswald (The murderer of JFK) with the word "HERO" written under it.

b. One with a picture of Mark David Chapman ( who killed John Lennon) with the word "HERO" written under it.

However...consider the words of our Lord...

"Turn the other cheek."

Let them insult the Lord, stomp on his name, deface his picture, do all manor of idiotic things. Let them have their fun.
Does not our Lord have the last word? The wrath? the judgement?

These atheists, these ignorants, these lost souls can do what they will till they choke themselves to death because it
doesn't hurt me, it doesn't hurt our Lord, I don't think God is the least bit pin pricked by their stupidity.

Don't let them swey nor disturb you from your faith.

I agree with that, being angry due to some cause is not in and of itself a bad thing, however our anger should not prevent us from doing justice. Of course I don't believe this (or anything for that matter) because it personally appeals to me, but because I have evidence in the texts I refer to which indicate this. Of course my overall beliefs obviously appeal to me at some level, but once one has entered a belief system and accepted it, depending on its nature, there may or may not be leeway with regards to certain elements. So if I like 98% of what I see, but there is a 2% I must tolerate due to not being at the level of liking it, I still follow that because it is commanded of me. But I'm kind of digressing.

So so far we have that people do get angry, but does anyone actually do anything? I mean when you for example hear a person say something really blasphemous intended solely to annoy, or wearing an offensive T-shirt as I mentioned. Personally I usually just keep walking though I suppose one should at least speak to the person in some attempt to educate them. I might be more inclined to do that if I had someone else with me though, because while I do enjoy starting random conversations with complete strangers sometimes, it's not something I like to do when the issue comes to advising, specifically when I know the person does not share my beliefs. When I know they do, that gives me leverage because I can tell them "refer to such and such, states you should/should not do this", though of course one should do that nicely.

Christ is not about any certain text. It is about a man who came and allowed men to do atrocities to him and yet he forgave them saying, "forgive them for they know not what they do". To ask the fundamental question of why he allowed this and said this, is what leads to enlightenment.

I know there are some unbelievers who resort to humor and mocking, but I think many more are content to not comment at all. Just willing to live lives of quiet cooperation with those of us who have different beliefs. It's the trolls who can't resist their own bad behavior who get the attention, but I don't consider them important.

I know there are some unbelievers who resort to humor and mocking, but I think many more are content to not comment at all. Just willing to live lives of quiet cooperation with those of us who have different beliefs. It's the trolls who can't resist their own bad behavior who get the attention, but I don't consider them important.

just willing to live lives of quiet cooperation with the devil and worldly things.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back