Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I'd like some feedback from our TEENS!

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I wish i copuld take back every emotional moment or any other perversion i used it takes away the integrity and innocence of a female:chin

teenage girls these days arent so innocent and also do the same thing as guys. heard them talk one day.

it was like listening to some prostitute!

teenage girls these days arent so innocent and also do the same thing as guys. heard them talk one day.

it was like listening to some prostitute!
Oh heck yes!!!! I have met some girls that just wanted sex! It amazed me...guys are no longer the pigs...granted they still exist but girls will soon become worse than us!

sanger wanted women to be free from having kids so that they could have sex freely.

look her up and i think that steinhem says the same thing.

that just encourages free sex and the deceleration of the population....and steinman also did the exact same thing hitler did

I had never really dated anyone for a long period of time because my parents never let me until I was "older" and even then, he had to be a godly, Christian guy that my parents knew and approved of--and I hated that. I wanted to rebel in every way I possibly could. I wanted to date someone purely because I wasn't allowed to date yet. I didn't want to date a godly, Christian young man because that's what my parents wanted. For a long time, I was really unhappy with my parent's "Amish ways."

But now that I'm 18, I can't thank my parents enough. Though their "strict" rules seemed impossibly old fashioned at the time, being single taught me a lot and it brought me closer to God. I'm happy being single, and I love knowing that I can just trust God when it comes to meeting my future husband.

So, to answer your original question, I think a parent should teach their teen how cool it is to be single before they let them jump into the dating world. Just my opinion. :)

For the record, I am bribing my future daughter with a car if she remains a virgin until she is eighteen. Based upon our knowledge of psychology and development, kids don't have the proper cognitive and emotional development to make adequate judgements regarding sex. That is, kids do not have the proper capacity to understand long-term consequences, like adults do. I probably wouldn't be as concerned if my daughter liked girls, since that removes the possibility of pregnancy. My wait-until-you're-18 offer would still hold though. I am awfully "conservative" when it comes to sex for a secular humanist. I guess it's because I'm am a progressive, but not a liberal.

In all seriousness, what is the difference?

Social liberalism is based upon the notion of tolerance. That is, there are liberal Christians who do not believe homosexuality is as valid as heterosexuality, but nonetheless advocate same-sex marriage. It is not the state's right to tell two people they cannot be married. Let the Churches choose who they want to marry. It is a negative liberty argument.

Social progressivism is positive. It's foundation is that traditional values must be eradicated and replaced with secular humanism. Tolerance is traded for equality. For instance, social progressives advocate using the education system to actively promote same-sex equality, much in the same way education actively promotes racial equality. The perfect way to tell the difference is that social liberalism would see drugs decriminalised, but social progressives would not necessarily come to that conclusion. Positive liberties must be taken into account, not just negative liberties.

Social liberalism is based upon the notion of tolerance. That is, there are liberal Christians who do not believe homosexuality is as valid as heterosexuality, but nonetheless advocate same-sex marriage. It is not the state's right to tell two people they cannot be married. Let the Churches choose who they want to marry. It is a negative liberty argument.

Social progressivism is positive. It's foundation is that traditional values must be eradicated and replaced with secular humanism. Tolerance is traded for equality. For instance, social progressives advocate using the education system to actively promote same-sex equality, much in the same way education actively promotes racial equality. The perfect way to tell the difference is that social liberalism would see drugs decriminalised, but social progressives would not necessarily come to that conclusion. Positive liberties must be taken into account, not just negative liberties.
There are no christians who advocate for same sex marriage.

Social liberalism is just another religion pretending to be a political movement.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are no christians who advocate for same sex marriage.

Anthony Flew's No True Scotsman:

Imagine Hamish McDonald, a Scotsman, sitting down with his Glasgow Morning Herald and seeing an article about how the "Brighton Sex Maniac Strikes Again." Hamish is shocked and declares that "No Scotsman would do such a thing." [Brighton is not part of Scotland.] The next day he sits down to read his Glasgow Morning Herald again and this time finds an article about an Aberdeen man whose brutal actions make the Brighton sex maniac seem almost gentlemanly. [Aberdeen is part of Scotland.] This fact shows that Hamish was wrong in his opinion but is he going to admit this? Not likely. This time he says, "No true Scotsman would do such a thing."

It is timeless.

Social liberalism is just another religion petending to be a political movement.

I love how you continually ignore everything I write in my posts and talk past me. I take it as a complement. :nod

Thats just because you're an echo not a voice, but take it any way you please.

I am a bit older than a teenager. I'm 21, but I couldn't help but comment. Parents these days seem to be so careless with what they let their kids do. It's no wonder that pre-marital sex is so common now. I am glad that parents like you are still so watchful. However, I would be careful. Most, not ALL, but most kids who lead protective lives completely flip out with new found freedom they get when they finally leave home. Plenty of my friends did. My parents were protective of me, but they still let me go out in high school. Your daughter being in 8th grade, I agree that it is a little young to be going out with boys, but I think it's a bit much that her dad goes to school dances with her. Let her have her freedom. I was always careful in high school. And because of what I wanted for myself, I still to this day am pure, even though I have been dating a guy for 3 years. It's just about boundaries. In the next few years don't make her stay home on Saturday nights and not get any alone time with a boy. Leave the doors open, lights on, and I think everything will be fine. :) Good luck. :)

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back