Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Idiot Doctors

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Lewis

Okay folks here is the lowdown. I am getting married in May, But my fiancee has had a stroke' it started this past Friday' I noticed that she was slow to respond when talked to' and that her right side was locking up' she is 61 years old. So I called the ambulance. So at Albert Einstein Hospital' I tell the doctor that she has had a stroke' this is me and the doctor a lone in the hallway. He asks me how do I know' and I say because I have seen it before about four or five time' plus I am not medically illiterate. So they sent her home, that is day 1' which was this past Friday, Day 2' the rightside of her body is still locking up' she still can't walk and was displaying a slow response when talking to her. So I call the ampulance again' I tell the doctors again that she has had a stroke and these fools told me that maybe she had a stroke' this is including neurologist. So they send her home again. Day 3 I call the ambulance again' and this time at the hospital I was much more persistent' so after many hours they came back and said yes' now we see it in the brain scan. I told them idiots 2 and a half days before what she was having. Now more damage has went down because these fools were at the helm of a major hospital in Philadelphia. Now they are scrambling to do everything that they can for her. I know how strokes work' and the love of my life is in trouble. She has a long road to recovery' learning how to walk and talk again' I am making her sue these prime time idiots. I am going to research the laws pertaining to stuff like this' and then go from there.

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding plans, Lewis!

I am devastated to learn about your fiancee's health issues. You are both in my prayers. Please keep us updated on her condition which will prayerfully be improving each day.

Oh, Lewis, I pray for your woman...and you.

That's an appalling story of poor care at the hospital. I don't think I've ever run into that kind of a lack of concern. I would have thought that once you mentioned it to the first doctor that would have spurred him to check more thoroughly. I like Philadelphia and would expect better care than that.

Well Dancer' we really won't know until she goes into therapy tomorrow.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-hospital-negligence.htm
Hospital negligence is typically a type of negligence performed by the staff at a hospital, which can include doctors, nurses, and administrators. This is usually any sort of action that purposefully or inadvertently has a negative effect on the health of a person after staying in the hospital or undergoing a medical procedure. It is generally a type of medical malpractice, and though the two terms may be used somewhat interchangeably, they are not necessarily synonymous. Hospital negligence is typically seen as an accident, though the negative repercussions can still be great and it is often grounds for a civil lawsuit or malpractice claim.

In general, negligence is typically seen as any type of action or inaction that inadvertently creates a harmful or negative result for someone else. Hospital negligence is just a specific type of negligence, which is directly related to hospitals and similar medical facilities. The term may potentially be used in reference to patient care facilities, doctor’s offices, and even in home medical care as well, though this usage is obviously less precise. The common thread among different types of negligence is typically the fact that responsibility for the effects created by the action or inaction can be placed upon a person or group of people.

This responsibility is what establishes hospital negligence as grounds for legal recourse against a hospital and staff members directly involved in the case. For example, if someone came into a hospital for cancer treatment, but the treatment was unable to force the cancer into remission and the person died, then this would likely not be a case of hospital negligence. As long as the doctors and staff did everything within their power to help the person, and simply were unable to stop the progress of the illness due to technological limitations, there is no responsibility attributed to the hospital.

On the other hand, if someone came into a hospital for a surgical procedure, and during the procedure a surgeon cut something incorrectly or left a piece of equipment inside the person, then this would be grounds for hospital negligence. In this situation, the surgeon may have simply made a mistake, but ultimately it was an avoidable mistake. This means that responsibility for the action can be placed upon the surgeon, as well as the hospital itself for employing the person. The responsibility creates hospital negligence and this type of case would likely be open for a medical malpractice lawsuit.

Thanks for the update, Lewis.

You've written down every detail of each hospital trip & each day's events, correct? If not, please do so now. And continue to keep a daily diary of how she is doing. Update it frequently, perhaps after any new development. It will help to strengthen your case when the time comes.

This is horrible news.
I pray for you both.
Regardless of how many times we go to an emergency room, we need to continue to ask Jesus for the healing.

Lewis i am so sorry to hear this.... 'Know it all doctors' are a pain in the sit down.. Dont let the anger consume the energy you will need to help her through the time ahead... Letting the hospital or doctors off with out some correction is not a good thing... Godspeed to you....

I understand how you feel, one of these days I'm going to punch a doctor in the mouth, or at least fantasize about it.
I hope your fiance gets better.

Thank you guy's for your thoughts and prayers' and yes reba I have calmed down. I am letting God do His mighty work in her and in me. The Lord willing we will still marry' next year in the spring.

Lewis i just watched a video Danus posted on marriage..... God's love in us can over come some big mountains. Blessing to ya brother

She is doing better day by day' God is moving so I am happy about that. She still has a ways to go' but God is moving' everyday she gets better. Thanks for asking Dancer.

This is encouraging news, Lewis! Our Lord God doesn't forget us, not for even a second.

How are you doing? (I know firsthand how challenging it can be when someone we love faces adversity of some type.)

God has raised me up and has given me a strength and resolve' that I never knew that I had. He has used this to clean up certain areas in my life' and I have nobody thank but Him.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back