Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Photographs If Anyone is Willing to Help...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Matthew G

Hey, everyone!

*First of all, if this is in the wrong place, mods please move it.*

Long-story-short, it's been a long time coming (about 3 years) and things have finally come together for me to begin work on a ministry-based website.

It's still a little ways off from being ready to go live, but to that end (having nary an artistic bone in my body) I am hoping to find someone willing to make a banner for my site, which would essentially serve as the main logo.

Of course, you will be credited on the site, and I'm more than willing to include a link to more of your work or anything like that if you wish.

I have an idea of what I'd like, but I'm not super-picky.

I don't want to tie up a bunch of people's time, so at the risk of sounding rude I'd like to just work on kind of a "first come" basis. So if anyone is willing, please just reply here on the thread and I will PM the details.

Thanks very much!

[MENTION=89910]questdriven[/MENTION]

There is one who is starting a business. She does not advertise on this site but I have purchased one of her works of art.

Greetings Matthew G: :wave May I suggest that you bring back some links to pictures (big pics with High Def clarity) that might be used to convey your intent? Be sure that there are no copyright restrictions and that the works of others are in public domain or give credit and state "For Example Only"

Also, if you could suggest color schemes or themes that you'd like to employ? Perhaps saying something simply like, "I love Spring Colors, because they whisper promises of life to me," would be very helpful.

Also, the dimensions of the banner is needed. Common dimensions consider the typical width of the screen that your forum will likely see. But don't feel restricted. Here's a site that gives typical banner dimensions: Common Banner Dimensions with Examples

The "first come" and implication of "free" would find me interested but it would also mean that you would wait for about 3 months for me to "get back up to speed" with the tools that I have used before. The artist that I speak of does charge for her work but the prices, you will find, are reasonable and the work (I don't mind telling you) is terrific.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be willing to make a banner!
Just tell me what you'd like on it and I'll do the best I can! :)

Blessings,
Josh.

Hey, someday (maybe not soon enough for me) I'd love to see an "Artists Corner" where our members who enjoy this stuff could offer their service.

I've got an idea or two kicking around but since we've just got here to the new forum only a day or so ago, it is best for me to hold it to myself. I'd love to see it happening so that members who have (making up an arbitrary number here) like 75 posts could request a siggy and we could make stuff like yours or avatars or sets too. I've developed the idea further and have written the step-by-step process already but for now it's just sitting on my hard-drive. One day, maybe a month from now, one of our Members will likely put up a suggestion in the "Questions and Suggestions" forum (hint, hint - for your back pocket now) and I'd be all over it just like a Christian pursuing a gift given to them for others.

Apologies for the late response. Skillet, thank you so much for your offer and please check your PM box.

Sparrow, I understand exactly where you're coming from. And thanks very much for the suggestion. I'll definitely be hitting questdriven up in the next few weeks. Helping someone who's starting a business, which in-turn helps someone who's starting a website sounds like mutual back-scratching, of which I am a big fan. :tongue

I'm also available for artistic collaboration - to assist where I am able.

One suggestion is that you start a "Conversation" with those who have expressed interest so that we might together consider how to best go about getting you the professional product that you've dreamed of.

It has been a pleasure for me to work with the artist known as Questdriven on my signature and my vision for our "Artist's Corner" might have just been given its "first step". That's my hope, in any case.

Cordially yours,
Sparrow

An artist's corner would be sweet since I often make things like signatures and other kinds of graphical designs! Would be a good way to bless someone that way as well if you could give away things like that.

An artist's corner would be sweet since I often make things like signatures and other kinds of graphical designs! Would be a good way to bless someone that way as well if you could give away things like that.

I haven't mentioned this to other moderators (except Quest) and think about maybe November? Sometime before Thanksgiving. I dunno. It's good to give people time to get used to things and to get the all the wrinkles ironed out before going down any other path, but in the meantime, if you hear of others that are interested, talk it up too. Pretty sure that the idea is sound on the face of it and I agree with you about it being a nice way to bless others. There are other benefits to our community too. Benefits as yet unseen.

~Sparrow

I haven't mentioned this to other moderators (except Quest) and think about maybe November? Sometime before Thanksgiving. I dunno. It's good to give people time to get used to things and to get the all the wrinkles ironed out before going down any other path, but in the meantime, if you hear of others that are interested, talk it up too. Pretty sure that the idea is sound on the face of it and I agree with you about it being a nice way to bless others. There are other benefits to our community too. Benefits as yet unseen.

~Sparrow
What unseen benefits were you thinking of? :)

Blessings

What unseen benefits were you thinking of? :)

Blessings
One of them unseen things would be you and me getting to know each other better. Another would be the client who comes and is happy because of our service. Yet another would be increased "customer loyalty". I talk like a businessman because that's my major but the real drive would be to edify. Even more so would be another step toward unity.

Just imagine. Now check out the text and context of Eph 3:20

Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us
[Eph 3:20 KJV]

~sh

One of them unseen things would be you and me getting to know each other better. Another would be the client who comes and is happy because of our service. Yet another would be increased "customer loyalty". I talk like a businessman because that's my major but the real drive would be to edify. Even more so would be another step toward unity.

Just imagine. Now check out the text and context of Eph 3:20

~sh
Ah like that! Yes that's true. Would be good! :)

Artists corner? You're in it!

Nick, you know me. You've probably guessed that I see this thread as a seed kernel for future things; a seed that is --for the moment-- still under the surface with just the tenderest of shoots about to spring forth. What is needed? Prayer. Our prayers is the 'rain' and in our prayers we call for rain --and a certain kind of rain at that --an early spring (gentle) rain that provides all that is needed.

Switching metaphors, we may just tuck the idea into our back pocket for now, while we (and others) consider the joy of the task. Planting comes with expectation of harvest and that can never come in a day. It is good to wait. In the meantime it's also okay to check and see who might be interested. There are others who have talent that I've noticed but their eye has not been drawn here (yet). I like waiting.

Cordially,
Sparrow

Last edited:
I think something simple such as a Christian fish sign <>< can be effective.

(Though I guess this has been talked about before...)

Hello Matthew G! I am an artist. I can attempt to draw what you need if you give me the details. If you don't like the way it turns out and don't want to use it, I will not have hurt feelings! Promise!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back