Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

If Jesus walked this earth today

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Wrg1405

Lets surmise Jesus was born approx 30 years ago.

So now he is fulfilling his ministry as a physical person in this age.

How do you think he would act, react, Intereact talk?

Given the Gospels we have and the rest of the NT how would that be different if God sent his one and only son into the world approx 1987?

Jesus would be Jesus today as He was 2000+ years ago.
"Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." Hebrews 13:8 NKJV

We're going to get to find out you know. Jesus will reign for 1000 years here when He comes. That should be real interesting. I can't wait to see how the worldwide commerce will run, lol. I don't think that there's going to be any more price gouging in the marketplace, everything will be fair.

I don't fully understand the concept of price gouging. How is this possible when nobody is completely and utterly forced to make the purchase?

Given the Gospels we have and the rest of the NT how would that be different if God sent his one and only son into the world approx 1987?

The place and time of the revealing of God in the flesh had Divine Planned Intentions on more fronts with more facets of observations than any of us can really keep track of, yet alone to add speculations about alternative time lines.

Would Jesus today speak Aramaic, Hebrew, King James English or Ebonics? We'd probably be in just as bad a shape to understand any it today, as then. Jesus is somewhat difficult to hear no matter when and where He Speaks.

To wander away to speculations and wonderment's is of no value to the body, for Christ is here and now in His body (body of born again believers). Still calling out to deliver us from a corrupt, wicked and perverse generation. It is no surprise to the Lord of what corruption there is, He already knew it and warned us in His revelations to us. When He comes in His own Spirit for Judgment with all of His saints, then judgment comes with Him, The everlasting gospel! There is no change in God, and He is not surprised at the corruption going on today, He is just disappointed.

I don't fully understand the concept of price gouging. How is this possible when nobody is completely and utterly forced to make the purchase?

Supply and demand Brother. There are things that we need to buy to live. We have to buy some brand of some product. Produce is a good example. A buck and a half for a head of lettuce, when if it was a dime a head, they'd profit and make money. But they know that I like some lettuce on me cheeseburger. If I want it, I'll pay it.

Most things are sold for waaay over what is a reasonable profit. A rework and upgrade of the factory that will bring those prices down per unit for the company...should bring prices down for the consumer too, but uh;uh, they raise the prices then. Gougers! :gavel:angry3:chair lol

Price gouging is when there is a shortage of supplies that people need (gasoline,water,Food, tools and wood to prepare for bad weather) and people raise the price to take advantage of the consumer who has to have these things. Medicine and drugs are another thing that is used in price gouging.

The place and time of the revealing of God in the flesh had Divine Planned Intentions on more fronts with more facets of observations than any of us can really keep track of, yet alone to add speculations about alternative time lines.

Would Jesus today speak Aramaic, Hebrew, King James English or Ebonics? We'd probably be in just as bad a shape to understand any it today, as then. Jesus is somewhat difficult to hear no matter when and where He Speaks.

If Jesus could be here today and I am sure many Christians would be surprise at the company he was with.

From what i read in Scriptures the company He was His followers.. preachers of the Living Word.. and those He came in contact with became new creatures....

I require petrol to make my motor vehicle run. Service stations price gouge with petrol regularly in my region. How can I avoid supporting price gouging when I absolutely need petrol in the car?

I AM 'completely and utterly forced to make the purchase'.

Oz

Immediately after hurricane Celia hit Corpus Christi, there was no electricity, water, gas etc. A guy with an ice truck came around selling 5lb blocks of ice for 20 dollars....1970......That's price gouging. The cops showed up and made him give away all the rest.

Immediately after hurricane Celia hit Corpus Christi, there was no electricity, water, gas etc. A guy with an ice truck came around selling 5lb blocks of ice for 20 dollars....1970......That's price gouging. The cops showed up and made him give away all the rest.

Dan,

That's another example of the need to be 'completely and utterly forced to make the purchase'.

Oz

I require petrol to make my motor vehicle run. Service stations price gouge with petrol regularly in my region. How can I avoid supporting price gouging when I absolutely need petrol in the car?

I AM 'completely and utterly forced to make the purchase'.

Oz
No you're not. God gave you two legs. The automobile and even petrol has only been around for about 120 years. People managed for thousands of years before that. All of my Amish neighbors manage without using petrol.

Supply and demand Brother. There are things that we need to buy to live. We have to buy some brand of some product. Produce is a good example. A buck and a half for a head of lettuce, when if it was a dime a head, they'd profit and make money. But they know that I like some lettuce on me cheeseburger. If I want it, I'll pay it.

Most things are sold for waaay over what is a reasonable profit. A rework and upgrade of the factory that will bring those prices down per unit for the company...should bring prices down for the consumer too, but uh;uh, they raise the prices then. Gougers! :gavel:angry3:chair lol
We can grow our own produce. If necessary we can do it in a flower pot. So I may have to do without some things like maybe an orange because I live in a climate where oranges don't grow well. So be it.

If someone is trying to take advantage of a short supply to make extra money, then I say, let him eat his own supply and I'll find another source or go without for the time being.

Law enforcement doesn't have the authority to order him to give it away. All they have the authority to do is issue a citation if they believe this person violated the law. The courts would have to make the decision about what the penalty would be and then law enforcement may be called to enforce the sentence. Of course in the mean time, he could have just dumped the ice on the ground and let it melt.

Since our era is not that much different from when he came the first time I don't believe that He would act much different than He did back 2000 years ago. He could use different methods because of the increase in technology, but the heart of many has never change so why would His interaction with us change. He would still be executed. though, only it would be more "humane" then it was back in Roman times.

Price gouging is when there is a shortage of supplies that people need (gasoline,water,Food, tools and wood to prepare for bad weather) and people raise the price to take advantage of the consumer who has to have these things. Medicine and drugs are another thing that is used in price gouging.
Sometimes what we see as price gouging is really a recovery of the cost of development. To develop certain medications can cost a lot of money and someone has to make the investment to get the research done. When the product hits the market, you can't charge the first buyer with the entire development cost so it is incorporated into the cost and spread out over a longer period. At some point third-parties are able to release generic versions. Why do you think these are at such a lower cost? Because they didn't have to make that initial investment to develop the final product.

I'm not saying some gouging isn't being done but it isn't as black and white as we like to make it.

Whether or not these medications are truly needed can also be debated. In our society today we expect to be able to take a pill to solve all our ills when in many cases, the problem is most likely poor living habits. We live under exercised, lazy, couch potato, lifestyles and we have horrendous eating habits.

I've proven this to myself more than once. I deal with borderline hypertension so I take a pill to control it. The truth is, if I lost weight and got more exercise I know I can rid myself of that "need." I know this because dropping some weight my blood pressure showed improvement. I was diagnosed with type II diabetes a few years ago. There were also concerns about my cholesterol. LDL was high, HDL is low, and my triglycerides were through the roof. A few months later I lost about 30 pounds. I was able to drop the diabetes meds, my LDL cut in half, and my triglycerides fell to within normal target ranges. One time I was having issues with low potassium causing fatigue. Instead of taking the prescribed pill I decided to adjust my diet. Within two weeks my potassium returned to normal target range.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back