Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

"If might is right, ...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

humble soul

On Sabbatical from Rome
then love has no place in the world."
Those famous lines from the Jesuit missionary priest played by Jeremy Irons in The Mission. One of my fave movies by the way.
I am reminded of how profound those words are, every time I see dictators like Putin reassert their authority with force. But not just Putin. Might still rules the world unfortunately.

Fyodor Dostoyevsky also made a profound statement through his novel Brothers Karamazov.
"If there there is no God, no Jesus, no Judgement Day, we can do whatever we like. Murder, rape, steal. No reckoning. No punishment. You really think our life is as meaningless as that?"
That statement has really helped with my faith. There must be a God who cares. Otherwise life is meaningless.

So you've met Him. What does he look like?

God is Spirit. I am material and cannot see the spiritual realm.

That there is a God can be seen in that things exist.
God is the creator.

God is the reason why the universe is understandable, reliable and that we can seek to understand it.
Without the Christian ideas behind modern science we would not have it.

God is Spirit. I am material and cannot see the spiritual realm.

That there is a God can be seen in that things exist.
God is the creator.

God is the reason why the universe is understandable, reliable and that we can seek to understand it.
Without the Christian ideas behind modern science we would not have it.
That's why we have faith. We "believe" God exists. We don't know.

That's why we have faith. We "believe" God exists. We don't know.

As faith is shift from God, yes we know he exists through faith. We can also know that God exists through reason and or philosophy.
If God created everything, than merely because things exist there hast to be a God.
Unless one believes that nothing causes everything, for those are the choices we have.

As faith is shift from God, yes we know he exists through faith. We can also know that God exists through reason and or philosophy.
If God created everything, than merely because things exist there hast to be a God.
Unless one believes that nothing causes everything, for those are the choices we have.
Using "know" when talking about God can sound very dogmatic and I think it quite arrogant.
I would never say to an atheist "I know God exists".
Perhaps a better way might be to say "To me, all creation is evidence enough of a higher power, God"

Using "know" when talking about God can sound very dogmatic and I think it quite arrogant.
I would never say to an atheist "I know God exists".
Perhaps a better way might be to say "To me, all creation is evidence enough of a higher power, God"
If one is certain about something I do not consider it arogant to be confident about the existence of God.

What is arogant is to state there is no God and then not back that statement up with scientific evidence.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back