Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

If you could pick three songs to be the soundtrack of your life...

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Coming Back to Life - Pink Floyd
For a Dancer - Jackson Browne
Like the Rain - Clint Black

Last edited:
Coming Back to Life - Pink Floyd
For a Dancer - Jackson Browne
Like the Rain - Clint Black

I see a man and his bride walking as I listen with them...
They hear this from their hearts and sing in unison.
First time I've heard this, Thanks ezrider

Not too many poems have come through me but I did write one about being a lonely drop of rain and crying even as I knew that i was falling toward a camp fire, destined to sizzle and vanish in a moment... and as I cried, I also called. And yes, I have seen the course of my entire life, seen way early in my Christian life, around the time when my dad (on earth) passed away. Seen in the form of a vision and have contemplated THAT ONE a whole bunch, believe me I have... And PART art of what was shown (from more than one view) was that I was that lonely little drop and yes, that voice, years ago, from the raindrop of the me of the poem, signaled the extinguishing of so many fires, fires started by the tongue as James taught us -- and yet? Fires that others huddled around and yet I am a single drop. But I didn't know that then, didn't understood the purpose, only that I was lonely, wet with the Word of God as my waters and falling.

I knew I was falling. Even YOU, my friend, may fall. We are each and severally single drops of rain. Just call as you fall. Cry out to Him who hears everything and then cry out to your brothers (and sisters) who also fall.

Join according to the wishes of the Holy Spirit and have no fear! and become what and who you are needing to be. You too may hear the sound of your voice sizzling but no longer to start fires, but now to put them out in peace and love and harmony beyond our understanding. And that particular extinguishable (the fires that the whole world is set ablaze over) are about to hear the sound too. If they try hard enough, that is. It's all about Him. We're just the drops that can join together but who can join if a clear sound is never heard?

HE IS THE PRINCE OF PEACE -- and we, joining, are the latter rain (nothing less).

My peace I leave to you, not as the world gives, give I (paraphrased in English, not Greek b/c that's all Greek to me, just by the way) And yes, I know what it is to try to be the woman who hides leaven - and that this seed will not proliferate immediately. It can't. I'm just hoping that somebody who knows me well enough to know that I'm not talking about something that isn't tested, tried and found true is listening because I tend to be a broken record and say the exact same things in so many ways that it's stupid, or at least stupefying.

Last edited:

I see a man and his bride walking as I listen with them...
They hear this from their hearts and sing in unison.
First time I've heard this, Thanks ezrider

Not too many poems have come through me but I did write one about being a lonely drop of rain and crying even as I knew that i was falling toward a camp fire, destined to sizzle and vanish in a moment... and as I cried, I also called. And yes, I have seen the course of my entire life, seen way early in my Christian life, around the time when my dad (on earth) passed away. Seen in the form of a vision and have contemplated THAT ONE a whole bunch, believe me I have... And PART art of what was shown (from more than one view) was that I was that lonely little drop and yes, that voice, years ago, from the raindrop of the me of the poem, signaled the extinguishing of so many fires, fires started by the tongue as James taught us -- and yet? Fires that others huddled around and yet I am a single drop. Even YOU, my friend, may fall. We are single drops of rain. Just call as you fall. Cry out to Him who hears everything and then cry out to your brothers who also fall.

Join according to the wishes of the Holy Spirit and have no fear! and become what and who you are needing to be. You too may hear the sound of your voice sizzling but no longer to start fires, but now to put them out in peace and love and harmony beyond our understanding. And that particular extinguishable (the fires that the whole world is set ablaze over) are about to hear the sound too. If they try hard enough, that is. It's all about Him. We're just the drops that can join together but who can join if a clear sound is never heard?

HE IS THE PRINCE OF PEACE -- and we, joining, are the latter rain (nothing less).

My peace I leave to you, not as the world gives, give I (paraphrase in English, not Greek b/c that's all Greek to me, just by the way)

Surely when our cup runneth over, there shall be all the drops necessary to quench the fire, as well as to wet the parched lips of the the thirsty. For what are those drops to me? I can't contain them. When they runneth over, they are not mine to keep, and what so ever I shall spill, it is spilled unto you.

:amen

Yep! It's about rain and it's about cupeths. Cuppeths that runneth over. Switching metaphors almost blindingly fast, we are His Net and He is our Master. And a Master Fisherman. And we are the cup, or the chalice, if you will... but I like (metaphor switch warning) priestly robes more than royal even though we are also called into His Kingly line. It's like David the King/Priest, said to be a man after His Own Heart(!).

Search for 40 years for another drop, another voice crying (in the wilderness) but isn't sounding like John, the Baptist (friend of the Bridegroom) but instead sounds like Elijah, friend of the Bridegroom, (speaker fluent in the Word of God) and who is focused on turning hearts (like Malachi last verses in the Old Testament) then tell me how it's easy. It's refreshing, is what it is. Like RAIN. But you're correct and have that key to the kingdom. It is in our cups, in us, especially as they overflow. We are His vessel. There is none other way to defeat our flesh. His Spirit! Our way toward becoming more and more like Him. and I think it's in our joining together that we become the latter rain.

Last edited:
Bring It On Home To Me

This one? Or do you have a fav artist for this song too? There are so many 'cover songs' out there for the greats.

Here's another you may know and love -- Touch the Hem of His Garment (Sam Cooke)

Reach out with me, brother! I needs me a touchings.
Sparrow . o O (( Me listen this long time, Joe ))

Will somebody care to listen to "A Change Is Gonna Come", Sam Cooke, 1963" and fetch the link? It's a blessing too.

I know that I'm supposed to "Pick Three" but I exclude myself because I like computer science and logic and I know that I don't have to read past a failed "if-conditional" because if it is failed (or evaluated as not true) it does not apply. Just don't read past it. There is no way that I could pick three of my favorites songs even if (and maybe especially if) they were to be the soundtrack of my life.

Have you heard the turtledove (mentioned in the Song of Solomon) sing? Have you heard THAT voice? Those would be my first two. The Song of Wisdom from Solomon and the Turtledove (or maybe just the Turtle?) and its sound in the Land. For the third? Undecided and there are many, many songs listed there, under that category.

Last edited:

Peter denied Jesus three times, then Jesus again ask Peter three times, Do you Love Me? Then feed my sheep.

Does that mean in honor of Peter we can have six?

Back