Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

"If you want to hear God's voice...."

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
M

MrVersatile48

"If you want to hear God's voice...." - from http://www.anchorlife.org

This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says: "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it. (NIV) Isaiah 30:15

"When you are in distress and all these things have come upon you, in the latter days, you will return to the LORD your God and listen to His voice. (NAS) Deuteronomy 4:30

As a Mom, I am often surrounded by noise. . . LOUD noise! Whether my toddlers are quarreling in fierce anger or shrieking in utter delight they are usually doing so at a high volume!

At first, I would try to redirect the attention of my little ones by talking to them at a high pitch. Yet, they were oblivious to my efforts. It was virtually impossible to shift their focus to what I was attempting to communicate.

One day I tried something new. I simply stood still and began to whisper. It did not take long before toys dropped to the floor, little faces turned to me and were intent on trying to figure out what I was saying. Suddenly, my children wanted to hear my voice. In order to do so, they needed to be quiet.

I recently drove by a church billboard that said, "If you want to hear God's voice, turn the volume down". How tragic that we often miss what God may be trying to say to us because we are so preoccupied with what we are doing that we are unable to hear Him.

Let's turn the volume down. Let's spend some quiet time before the Lord each day so that we may hear His every whisper to us. Not only will we experience the joy of basking in His presence, but over time, our "hearing" will improve!

Written by Dawn Van Beck used with permission

Forward this devotion to a friend

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back