Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

If You Won The Lottery

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Pard

So, what would you do if you had won that big ole' lottery a few weeks back?

I know what I'd do. First, I'd say good bye to school, or maybe I'd still go, but I'd do a Biblical Studies major. Then I'd go get a nice plot of land in the south, dunno exactly where, but Kentucky or south. It's be a place that has some real nice woods, but also a bit of water and some open area for livestock and farming. I'd build myself a house, nothing fancy or huge, but enough to keep a large family comfortably. We'd have pigs and chicken and cows and sheep and we'd grow all our own veggies and we'd have grapes and berries for fruit. The rest of the food would come from all the yummy critters in the woods, like squirrel and deer and rabbit and ducks and all the delicious fish in the water. I wouldn't own nothing to nobody, nothing we would consume would come from off of our land, except maybe spices (and if I lived near the ocean then not even that!). Now I wouldn't have much in way of taxes since as far as the government goes I'd be in poverty, but that's fine by me, so the money I don't need to pay them and to keep some of the stuff that I can't just get from the land (bullets, metal, cloth, etc.) I'd give to charities and missionary groups. And of course I have a nice big heart and anyone who wanted to commit to the same life as me would be welcome to be my neighbor.

Firstly, I would tithe.

Then, I would buy my mom a house and help pay all the bills. Set up an account with enough money to pay all the bills for years. Then I would buy a few nice items such as a car and hot tub.

Then I would donate to charities and place the rest in a bank account and try not to let money change my view on life.

I'd buy a nice home, and probably keep my job.

I'd set up my sister with a trust and get her into a GOOD nursing/assisted living home.

If I DIDN'T keep working, I'd go to school full time and work on a Master's in Physics/Math or Engineering.

And I'd buy about ten more Crossfires !!!

This question has cropped up before here on the forum and I'll answer it as I did once before....

Lot's of things to do with that kind of money and I'd certainly be paying some close attention to the prayer and praises forum here, but one thing I would do for certain is to book the lovely Ashleigh Inn in beautiful Cascade, Idaho for a weekend and fly, all expenses paid and any unpaid time off covered, every member of ChristianForums.net and family members out for a meet and greet.

On Friday, everyone would fly to the small but charming Boise airport, where service is always friendly and they never lose one's luggage. From the airport, all will be shuttled to the little town of Horseshoe Bend and then board the Thunder Mountain Line train and ride through the beautiful Payette River canyon to Cascade.

Everyone but Pizzaguy. Mark, I think I would have you either drive, or at least have your Roadster especially shipped out here. Then, you and I would take a drive up the Sweet/Ola highway. It's not quite as twisting as the Dragon, but there is little to no traffic and the Sheriff's department never patrols up here. So, you could push your Crossfire just as fast as you'd like. Once we got to Ola, I'd have Steve meet us with the Expedition and we'd take the High Valley Road over to Cascade. No one in their right mind would subject the Crossfire to High Valley road...it's a washboard dirt road with ruts and pits.

Once we were all settled at the Inn, we'd have a dinner Friday night where we could all meet each other and fellowship... Saturday could be spent however way one wanted... Sunday we could have a worship service before lunch.

:yes Yep... It's one of the things I would do.

I don't think about what I'd do if I won a lottery because....well....I never play the lottery. Well, I might have bought one ticket at some time in my past.

I don't think about what I'd do if I won a lottery because....well....I never play the lottery. Well, I might have bought one ticket at some time in my past.

Similar to what (I think you) you posted before: the other Lottery thread

First, I'd set up a trust/LLC foundation to collect the money. I would remain anonymous of being the winner. I'd try to keep working until the attention wore off, and I'd quietly slip away from my community over a period of year. I would not need a home any more than I have, but I'd have more land and I would not want to be found by the general public.

I'd take an annual salary from my foundation of $132,000 in today's dollars. My foundation would be in the business of investing and granting the funds as the board sees fit with myself having controlling interest since any donations to my foundation would be separate from the money I won.

I'd set up strict trust for my children which would mature as they do, for education and housing only. Any gifts would come from me personally.

I would buy some toys. Mostly heavy equipment which I'd keep on my personal property. I start a business that leases and or operates heavy equipment for hire. Diggers and such.

I'd build and start a public storage facility, and in the back have an anonymous warehouse for my other toys. A few cars, but mostly road trip toys like a couple of motor-homes with tow cars, and all my away from home travel toys and equipment.

I'd also buy a plane, which I'd lease out. Many wealthy people and companies will buy jets and lease them on to a private carrier who operates and maintains them for hire, but also for the clients use. Most operate like a time share deal. The advantage is that the plane is making money and you can use it to avoid all the red-tape of public flying.

That's pretty much it. I'd make sure the foundation remained after my death and as each generation come about, then each person would have a smaller and smaller share of it. This is pretty much what Generational wealthy people do to help ensure they are not foolish.

1. Remain anonymous and don't talk about your wealth.
2. Invest your wealth for longevity and for the greater good.
3. Leave your wealth in responsible hands by responsible means.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then I'd go get a nice plot of land in the south, dunno exactly where, but Kentucky or south. It's be a place that has some real nice woods, but also a bit of water and some open area for livestock and farming. I'd build myself a house, nothing fancy or huge, but enough to keep a large family comfortably.
And you could go to Dollywood on the weekends.

We'd have pigs and chicken and cows and sheep and we'd grow all our own veggies and we'd have grapes and berries for fruit. The rest of the food would come from all the yummy critters in the woods, like squirrel and deer and rabbit and ducks...
Ducks!? Not if I'm your neighbor. :lol

Brainless twits called chickens are okay, but ducks...I don't think so.

I wouldn't own nothing to nobody...
Don't count on it...

"A man's riches may ransom his life,
but a poor man hears no threat." (Proverbs 13:8 NIV)

I've never been rich, but I've had enough money to know what it's like for money to be a cruel taskmaster that holds a person in fear.

I'd give to charities and missionary groups.
Me too, so that what I gave would increase 100 fold and I could continue to live in peace and luxury without fear (so I think).

And of course I have a nice big heart and anyone who wanted to commit to the same life as me would be welcome to be my neighbor.
Me too...until they get numerous and annoying and keep bugging me for money.

...one thing I would do for certain is to book the lovely Ashleigh Inn in beautiful Cascade, Idaho for a weekend and fly, all expenses paid and any unpaid time off covered, every member of ChristianForums.net and family members out for a meet and greet.
Cool! Then we can talk about Church in person! But be gentle with me, lol. :pray

On Friday, everyone would fly to the small but charming Boise airport, where service is always friendly and they never lose one's luggage. From the airport, all will be shuttled to the little town of Horseshoe Bend and then board the Thunder Mountain Line train and ride through the beautiful Payette River canyon to Cascade.
I'm there!

Everyone but Pizzaguy. Mark, I think I would have you either drive, or at least have your Roadster especially shipped out here. Then, you and I would take a drive up the Sweet/Ola highway.
I smell scandal! I'm thinking just more trash for TMZ.

It's not quite as twisting as the Dragon, but there is little to no traffic and the Sheriff's department never patrols up here. So, you could push your Crossfire just as fast as you'd like.
Wow! She doesn't have a dime of the money yet and already she's breakin' the law...and leading poor innocent pizzaguy astray with her. :lol

Oh, how riches corruptith.

Once we got to Ola, I'd have Steve meet us with the Expedition and we'd take the High Valley Road over to Cascade.
Uh, prolly not. Word got out to Steve that you're gallivanting around with pizzaguy in the countryside. He's in town looking for the best, most expensive divorce lawyer in the county...or at the gun shop.

Once we were all settled at the Inn, we'd have a dinner Friday night where we could all meet each other and fellowship... Saturday could be spent however way one wanted...
Sign me up for beef liver and onions...with bacon.

Sunday we could have a worship service before lunch.
Open or closed style? :biggrin

Just remember, you gotta' leave a budget for a small sense of humor somewhere in all those riches.

Originally Posted by Riverwolf
"Everybody is so into silly things.
So into possessions.
Me?
I would build a stairway to Heaven."

Lol lol too funny...if I was to do anything similar, it would be an escalator. ;)

Okay, possessions, works, laziness...still not seeing the difference, lol!

Okay, I've used my annual allotment of smilies in this thread. And in doing that I ran across this one:

:eyelid

Now, without looking at the source code, which one of the following descriptions would you think describes this smilie?

1) nosepick

2) eyecrispy

3) handgesture

4) none of the above

Okay.... :topictotopic

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back