Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I'm done.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00

animal

I can't take it anymore. I spent the first few weeks on this forum enjoying myself for the most part and talking to some really nice people. People who I would consider to be true Christians. But the ignorance, the hope for oppression, and the cruelty of many of the people on these forums is overwhelming. I don't care if you think the bible tells you so. It's truly sad and the God you've created for yourself will never be my God.

-Hunter

And please don't write about praying for me. If you're a true Christian you would just do it. But please don't think it's actually going to change anything..

And no this is not a cry for help. I lead a very happy life and I have many friends, Christians and non who can vouch for that. I want nothing but happiness for all of you but... I'll leave you with this..

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it."
- Siddhartha Gautama

"I believe that the practice of compassion and love--a genuine sense of brotherhood and sisterhood--is the universal religion. It does not matter whether you are Buddhist or Christian, Moslem or Hindu, or whether you practice religion at all. What matters is your feeling of oneness with humankind."
- The Dalai Lama

animal said:
I can't take it anymore. I spent the first few weeks on this forum enjoying myself for the most part and talking to some really nice people. People who I would consider to be true Christians. But the ignorance, the hope for oppression, and the cruelty of many of the people on these forums is overwhelming. I don't care if you think the bible tells you so. It's truly sad and the God you've created for yourself will never be my God.
It is a shame to see you go. And, I'll overlook the slight at Christianity made before the first edit. ;)

It just puzzles me why if you have Christian friends did you come to a Christian forum.
cid_99541631-1991-435C-8C7E-562646F.gif

If its because of a disability I fully understand as I'm disabled as well, before this I was
a truck driver. Your experience here was nothing compared to the one you will have
the day you meet the Master, joy unspeakable and full of glory..

turnorburn

Some people enjoy broadening their horizons and communicating with people who share very different world outlooks.

That is why I post here. I like to see the things where I differ greatly with people, and where there is commonality. It helps me to learn about myself and the world.

I never wonder why the religious come to the atheist forums I post on. I enjoy the ones who come with the same reasons I do. Of course, the ones who come to try and "convert" are bothersome, just as I wouldn't try to convert anyone on a religious forum.

minnesota said:
It is a shame to see you go. And, I'll overlook the slight at Christianity made before the first edit. ;)
Haha, oops. The joke is apparently on me. That slight was actually made in another thread.

It should be said that those who choose to leave, for whatever reason, should do it on their own terms. Now, I don't feel making public announcements is the right thing to do, but I do understand some people need to do this for closure ( I guess). Those who need to know one is leaving and the reasons why can easily be contacted via PM, email or other means as well.

Anyway...

Vault and myself have certainly had our share of headbutting, but it's all good. Despite our disagreements and varying beliefs, he's still here. LOL I do respect Vault's demeanor and honestly nonetheless :yes

Animal, I have no gripes with you, FYI.

Some of the responses to Animal's announcement no doubt were the very sort that caused his dismay - painfully obvious.

Having been walking in Christ for 30+ years and seeing everything imaginable engaged in by those who profess the name of Christ (whatever they really are does not matter to me), I am no longer surprised by anything.

Anth

How has anyone been non-christian toward him in this thread?

Is everyone so thin skinned?

Are christians to be completely submissive and wimpy all the time? :)

Brian,

To be honest my friend if you can't see the obvious, my explanation will not help.

I did not say he was not a bit thin skinned - the question is why anyone with a thin skin would be troubled by those genuinely following Christ (well, other than religious hypocrites - which is the one class of people that Jesus took off after....)

Best,
Anth

Anth,

You can't read tone, so you might take the same things different than me or anyone else.

I don't see that he has been treated any worse than the rest of us. It's not like you or me can preach how to treat people online anyway,lol. See your previous post for questions regarding this fact. :)

:confused

I like your posts and the discussions we had animal. Sorry to see you go. I have come across some of the same frustrations and challenges but if anything it truly is helping me come to terms with my newly found faith and squaring that with my own personal beliefs and the beliefs that some have that I cannot and probably never will agree with.

Your faith will always be your faith. No one can change that by pointing out their opposing viewpoint. Just be true to yourself and true to God the best you can and you will be all good my friend. God's speed animal. :salute

GojuBrian said:
You can't read tone, so you might take the same things different than me or anyone else.
Right, you are. This is one of the 'dangers' of online forums and why clarity is so essential. Good observation.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back