Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I'M OLD!!!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
star trek?its not based on real military regs fully. I can watch any episode and point out errors in the ucmj .

the last being that episode that claudya pointed out. one wouldn't take on known pirates and not place them in the brig and let alone allow officers to flirt with them and not be punished for a mutiny.

I like the fact that so many of us use terms like "ma'am" or "sir" just as terms of respect. What I DON"T like is the misuse of "gentleman" by news reporters, or anyone, really, who doesn't know what else to call a criminal. As in, "The police arrived at the scene to find a woman lying bloodied and unmoving. They placed the gentleman who admitted beating her unconscious under arrest."

Gentleman? Really?

The personal title for boys is "Master". Other personal titles include: young man, young lady, young fellow (pronounced 'fella') and, of course, Mister, Miss, Master & Mistress. The personal title "Ms" (pronounced Miz) did not come into use until the 20th century.

Interesting.

7b9ca7ad0ddf4c372b69474fe40aa221.jpg
I had one of these in my bedroom when I was in high school...got the picture?

Gadgets and technology constantly improves, but clothing fashion on the other hand simple seems to go in cycles...

Blessings.
What clothing fashion?Their is not much these days on a woman to fashion.Low necklines, now the new thing is no back in dresses.

What clothing fashion?Their is not much these days on a woman to fashion.Low necklines, now the new thing is no back in dresses.

Ms Kathi: Oh I guess I mean that trends are in then out then in again. Hemlines since 1965 have been up and down and up like a yo-yo, etc. You mention no back in dresses: this was actually very 19th century; same with your comment about necklines.

(But what do I know?) :)

Blessings.

So I'm not very old obviously, but I can still remember what it was like before we had cell phones and tablets and constant access to the internet.
As a kid I could only spend so much time on the internet before getting bored. Now I'm on it for probably at least 80% of my free time. ... what if I spent as much time with God as I did the internet?:chin

Not that I know of . He didn't have an accent.

The reason I asked is because most of those Texas boys are raised with Ma'am, it's just polite.
One of our friends from Brownville called the other day, I hadn't spoken with him in about 3 yrs. He's older than me by about 6 or 7 yrs. and I've known him 25.
"Ms. Deb, how are you doing Ma'am." They make me smile.

So I'm not very old obviously, but I can still remember what it was like before we had cell phones and tablets and constant access to the internet.
As a kid I could only spend so much time on the internet before getting bored. Now I'm on it for probably at least 80% of my free time. ... what if I spent as much time with God as I did the internet?:chin

Learning to quote Scripture Online is a good combination! :)

But, yes, you make a good point.

Blessings.

I am as old as Methusala did I spell that right ? Well to many, and I am only 58, I am ancient.

I did not grow up with any of the technology devices.I was well in my 40's when I first got on a computer.And believe me it was scary :eek.Where my children had been on computers and in computer labs since they were kids.When I first started my daughter helped me with the most basic 101 skills.I am not an expert by any means to this day.You can say I am somewhat challenged :neutral

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back