Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

I'm writing a story! :D

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Hey pplz! I am writing a story where the main charicter (Erin) looses her twin brother (Shane) to cancer. Her dad has severe depression and it's really hard for her to cope with loosing her brother and her dad. All these years she's had Shane to help her deal with her dad's depression but now that he's gone she feels helpless and angry at God. As a way to cope witht the loss of her brother's death she goes to partying and drinking and dabbles in drugs a little. Her mother (who is a Christian) does not approve of this and they have a falling out so Erin moves to Ohio where she meets her boyfriend Todd who is an alcoholic. It picks up on the one year anniversary of her brothers death and some weird things start happening. While she is at Panera she gets a blue flyer for Golden Gate Art museum. She goes to the museum three times over the course of the story and each time she is confromnted with a statue that comes to life. The statue that comes to life turns in to "God". I put that in "" because what Erin is seeing is not really God when the statues come to life, rather an illusion by satan (who runs this museum) showing her what God is not, like a God who is angry and condemns her for all her sins rather than a forgiving God who loves her.

She sees three of these statues and right before the last one she gives up her virginity to her boyfriend Todd after getting drunk at a bar with him. She had done, drugs, drinking, and everything else except that because she had made a purtiy promise in highschool with her youth group and at the time she made the promise for God but as time went on she thought it was for shane (because they signed they're certificates together). Erin realizes she made a mistake and runs out the door and then she tries to think back to where this all started. She thinks back to the Museum and goes marching back there and confronts the manager (satan "bill") he just laughs at her and as she runs out she is drawn to the last sattue which is just an empty podium which reperesents the abasence of God. Satan tries to tell us sometimes that He isn't there and that is why I put in the empty podium. She gets transferreed to the little world, feels extreeme lonlieness and pain, then she finds herself back in the museum and runs out upset.

She ends up going to a starbucks where she meets the real Jesus in human form. I portrayed him as a middle eastern man who looked ordinary. Anyway she runs in to Jesus and they talk and he doesn't come out and say "I am Jesus" rather he just talks to her and they just ease in to a conversation about everything that happened he invites her to go back to him. She invites him back in to her life and she calls her mom and it's a happy ending. The last thing people will read is Todd calling her and her sending a prayer up to God and then her answering the phone.
The end

Sorry that was so long and that was just the overwiew. Any way if anyone has any cool ideas, or comments, or even if you think this is an awful story please share. I am open to anything. I know that this isn't the full story but it's as close as I can get to posting it on here (plus I am still editing) so please comment. Also if anyone can give me any good ideas on a physical description of Bill (who is satan) please help me out here. And do you think I should give the dad depression or not? I'm still unsure of that. So yeah anything else PLEASE TELL ME!

The one thing I am really unsure about is your portrayal of Jesus.

If what you were talking about is a messenger of God, he could take on any form, but do not forget that Jesus is God incarnate. He already has a body and does not shapeshift. Now, he can make it so that Erin does not recognize him for who he is, but it should be clear otherwise that it is Jesus (not a nondescript middle eastern man).

Have you written anything previously? This sounds like a big deep story, I would recommend writing something shorter and simpler to start with, to get the flow of writing in your head and hand, before starting with a really big project.

The one thing I am really unsure about is your portrayal of Jesus.

If what you were talking about is a messenger of God, he could take on any form, but do not forget that Jesus is God incarnate. He already has a body and does not shapeshift. Now, he can make it so that Erin does not recognize him for who he is, but it should be clear otherwise that it is Jesus (not a nondescript middle eastern man).

Have you written anything previously? This sounds like a big deep story, I would recommend writing something shorter and simpler to start with, to get the flow of writing in your head and hand, before starting with a really big project.

1) I described Jesus as middle eastern because that's the part of the world he is from
2) yes he doesn't want Erin to recognize him.
3) I have been writing since I was in 5th grade and I am currently taking a fiction writing class in school so this is deffinitly what I want to stick with and I am loving every second of it. :)
4) I do give more description about Jesus than just a middle eastern man (but I probably should make sure to add in that he doesn't want her to recoginze him I felt like that was self-explanitory whoops and thank you for catching that) :shocked!

Hey pplz! I am writing a story where the main charicter (Erin) looses her twin brother (Shane) to cancer. Her dad has severe depression and it's really hard for her to cope with loosing her brother and her dad. All these years she's had Shane to help her deal with her dad's depression but now that he's gone she feels helpless and angry at God. As a way to cope witht the loss of her brother's death she goes to partying and drinking and dabbles in drugs a little. Her mother (who is a Christian) does not approve of this and they have a falling out so Erin moves to Ohio where she meets her boyfriend Todd who is an alcoholic. It picks up on the one year anniversary of her brothers death and some weird things start happening. While she is at Panera she gets a blue flyer for Golden Gate Art museum. She goes to the museum three times over the course of the story and each time she is confromnted with a statue that comes to life. The statue that comes to life turns in to "God". I put that in "" because what Erin is seeing is not really God when the statues come to life, rather an illusion by satan (who runs this museum) showing her what God is not, like a God who is angry and condemns her for all her sins rather than a forgiving God who loves her.

She sees three of these statues and right before the last one she gives up her virginity to her boyfriend Todd after getting drunk at a bar with him. She had done, drugs, drinking, and everything else except that because she had made a purtiy promise in highschool with her youth group and at the time she made the promise for God but as time went on she thought it was for shane (because they signed they're certificates together). Erin realizes she made a mistake and runs out the door and then she tries to think back to where this all started. She thinks back to the Museum and goes marching back there and confronts the manager (satan "bill") he just laughs at her and as she runs out she is drawn to the last sattue which is just an empty podium which reperesents the abasence of God. Satan tries to tell us sometimes that He isn't there and that is why I put in the empty podium. She gets transferreed to the little world, feels extreeme lonlieness and pain, then she finds herself back in the museum and runs out upset.

She ends up going to a starbucks where she meets the real Jesus in human form. I portrayed him as a middle eastern man who looked ordinary. Anyway she runs in to Jesus and they talk and he doesn't come out and say "I am Jesus" rather he just talks to her and they just ease in to a conversation about everything that happened he invites her to go back to him. She invites him back in to her life and she calls her mom and it's a happy ending. The last thing people will read is Todd calling her and her sending a prayer up to God and then her answering the phone.
The end

Sorry that was so long and that was just the overwiew. Any way if anyone has any cool ideas, or comments, or even if you think this is an awful story please share. I am open to anything. I know that this isn't the full story but it's as close as I can get to posting it on here (plus I am still editing) so please comment. Also if anyone can give me any good ideas on a physical description of Bill (who is satan) please help me out here. And do you think I should give the dad depression or not? I'm still unsure of that. So yeah anything else PLEASE TELL ME!

Hello!
[Also if anyone can give me any good ideas on a physical description of Bill (who is satan) please help me out here. And do you think I should give the dad depression or not? I'm still unsure of that. So yeah anything else PLEASE TELL ME!] I think the story sounds like it has great potential...go for it! :) You asked for some suggestions and I was thinking that if Bill is the museum curator, perhaps he could be portrayed as an elderly, grandfatherly gentleman who appears completely kind and harmless. His objective obviously would be to deceive, and who would suspect a white-haired little old grandfatherly type of being evil incarnate? And since Erin suffers turmoil and confusion regarding her relationship with her own dad (whom I think your idea of his suffering from the despair of depression is brilliant really and makes the relationship between father and daughter open to all kinds of possible plot directions wide open - definitely keep it) a seemingly kind old gent (curator) is perfect. Anyhow...good luck with your book. I love the empty
pedestal hook (where God is supposed to be but isn't - another brilliant hook - and then she meets the disgusied Lord in starbucks. Hang in there kiddo and write from your heart. Looking forward to hearing more from you!
Lee :)

Ok so update: what I did was I ended up editing it and I added some charicters and moved some thibgs around. I changed the dad having depression only because it was really hard balancing that, her anger at God, and Shane's death. It was a lot. So instead I had Erin become a party girl afer Shanes death as a way to cope but her mother didn't approve and that got Erin mad so that was what turned Erin off to the church. Her mother meant well but she went about it the wrong way. So I also added Eve who is Todd's highschool ex. After 11th grade they broke up but they ended up becoming like brother and sister. So she's a new charicter. I also added a few more charicters that are pretty minor. Also I have settled on a description for satan. I made him really hot with creepy empty eyes. I did this because he wants to attract people to him. So...thoughts...? Also the old man image I'm not sure that would work only because when Erin sees these "visions" of God I portray him as an old man in one like the cliche old man white hair guy we see in pictures. And I don't want my readers confused.

Lee, I had already edited my story before I saw your comment. So sorry. Good ideas though.

So if anyone has any more comments or suggestions I would be happy to hear them! :)

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Ok so update: what I did was I ended up editing it and I added some charicters and moved some thibgs around. I changed the dad having depression only because it was really hard balancing that, her anger at God, and Shane's death. It was a lot. So instead I had Erin become a party girl afer Shanes death as a way to cope but her mother didn't approve and that got Erin mad so that was what turned Erin off to the church. Her mother meant well but she went about it the wrong way. So I also added Eve who is Todd's highschool ex. After 11th grade they broke up but they ended up becoming like brother and sister. So she's a new charicter. I also added a few more charicters that are pretty minor. Also I have settled on a description for satan. I made him really hot with creepy empty eyes. I did this because he wants to attract people to him. So...thoughts...? Also the old man image I'm not sure that would work only because when Erin sees these "visions" of God I portray him as an old man in one like the cliche old man white hair guy we see in pictures. And I don't want my readers confused.

Lee, I had already edited my story before I saw your comment. So sorry. Good ideas though.

So if anyone has any more comments or suggestions I would be happy to hear them! :)

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Keep writing!!!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back