Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Immortality

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

jabhat

Guys,

What do you think and know: Were Adam and Eve immortal in the Eden Garden?
What causes death?
What gives life?

Guys,
What do you think and know: Were Adam and Eve immortal in the Eden Garden?
What causes death?
What gives life?

jabhat,

Welcome. Since there was a tree of life in the garden of Eden, it would seem that had Adam and Eve remained obedient, they might have been invited to partake of that and become immortal. Because they sinned, they were banished from the garden as well as the tree of life (Gen 3:22-24). As we know disobedience to God is sin, and the end result of sin is death. There are also two deaths in Scripture, the latter being eternal separation from God. And since God Himself is Life (Jn 11:25,26; 1 Jn 1:1,2), all life comes from God. Today, God offers the gift of eternal life to all those who will obey the Gospel.

Right brother. It seems that God made there a genetic experiment..and it failed cuz of people... The Tree of Life will be still used by God. Do you know how?
But as far as I know, the Scripture doesn't say that people were immortal in the garden....

Do you know the Scripture saying that God is immortal?

Do you know the Scripture saying that God is immortal?
There are numerous Scriptures which reveal that God is immortal. One of the best is 1 Tim 6:15,16. The very fact that He Himself is Eternal Life means that He is immortal. And the tree of life is now in Heaven (Rev 22:1,2).

No, not in heaven now....it will be in the New Jerusalem....Rev 20-22. This is description of the New Jerusalem City....
Will be this city in heaven? The Old Testament says that on earth...the NT says that it will be a heavenly city....Most probably like a space station...who knows...
Could u please show me the Scripture saying that God is immortal?
Yes, right Jesus is immortal....

that you keep this commandment without spot, blameless until our Lord Jesus Christ’s appearing, 15 which He will manifest in His own time, He (JESUS) who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16 (JESUS) who alone has immortality, dwelling in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see, to whom be honor and everlasting power. Amen. 1 Tim 6

If there are no such verses in the OT, I think it means that the Tree of Life was made for immortality.....

I do not know any verses saying that God the Father is immortal...
1 Timothy 1:17: "Now unto the King eternal, IMMORTAL, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen".

Since eternal and immortal are practically identical, we have Isa 40:28:
"Hast thou not heard that the EVERLASTING GOD, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not?" (In Scripture "everlasting" and "eternal" are interchangeable. And yes, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are ONE God. What applies to the Father also applies to the Son, when we consider their "essence").

The New Jerusalem, in which is located the tree of life, is presently in Heaven, but will come down from Heaven, and hover over the earth in the future.

1 Timothy 1:17: "Now unto the King eternal, IMMORTAL, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen".

Since eternal and immortal are practically identical, we have Isa 40:28:
"Hast thou not heard that the EVERLASTING GOD, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not?" (In Scripture "everlasting" and "eternal" are interchangeable. And yes, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are ONE God. What applies to the Father also applies to the Son, when we consider their "essence").

The New Jerusalem, in which is located the tree of life, is presently in Heaven, but will come down from Heaven, and hover over the earth in the future.

Hi brother,
Thank you for your quote.
It was nice talking to you yesterday.
I thought about that too ...and I realized that God is IMMORTAL cuz ONLY flesh is mortal...but God is SPIRIT i.e. He is a Spiritual Being. He is NOT a man.
He cannot be mortal.
And the Tree of Life He made for healing of nations (Revelation20-22)...This "genetic experiment" with this tree was intended for people...God cares about His people He created...He didnt close the way to His trees in the Eden Garden forever...But He decided to give healing to people...on our planet? We do not know it...Most probably yes in Jerusalem when He will return...Or may be in the Heavenly New Jerusalem too....

I'm gonna assume they were. God provided them with life and nutrients to sustain them indefinitely. They were made perfect....till iniquity was found in them.

I'm gonna assume they were. God provided them with life and nutrients to sustain them indefinitely. They were made perfect....till iniquity was found in them.

I thought like you.
Like plants?
Do you know that plants can live ETERNALLY until they will be killed or broken or when they resources will be finished....
May be people lived like plants on our planet......who knows.
But anyway they died..I assume it was a result of genetic changes when they ate from the "Tree of Knowledge" which was may be a consciousness-altering drug (when they realized that they were not dressed...) (a drug that can produce mood changes and distorted perceptions). A psychoactive drug (mostly plants), psychopharmaceutical, or psychotropic is a chemical substance that crosses the blood–brain barrier and acts primarily upon the central nervous system where it affects brain function, resulting in alterations in perception, mood, consciousness, cognition, and behavior.

That is why I said that it was a failed experiment....cuz of people...

Last edited:

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back