Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] IMPORTANT!!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

AIR

Hey,

one of my friend is an atheist and as he feels very sad I asked him to come to Church with me. He said 'I don't really believe' but he said he can come to the Church. I'm praying Lord Jesus Christ that friend of mine will receive Lord while in the church. He really needs Him, please I need all of your prayers.

Thank you!!!!
Air

That's wonderful Ben, and I'll certainly pray. Enjoy the service and be ready to answer his questions if any, and allow God to do the convincing as we can only sow or water the seed sown. :sohappy

Hey,

one of my friend is an atheist and as he feels very sad I asked him to come to Church with me. He said 'I don't really believe' but he said he can come to the Church. I'm praying Lord Jesus Christ that friend of mine will receive Lord while in the church. He really needs Him, please I need all of your prayers.

Thank you!!!!
Air

He's in my prayers, Air ...and so are you. This is a marvelous situation that is developing. The mere fact that he agreed to join you for church service is a major step in the right direction!

Please update us as to how it all goes!

Thank you all. Now I talked him, he was a bit suspicious and I'm not sure that does he really want come with me. I'm still praying.

Praying for your friendnyou of course.

However church isn't really the best place too introduce people to Christ. In my opinion outsiders just feel excluded because they don't know the songs, liturgy, when to get up/ sit down, and just feel strange and alien. Church is usually better for people that are already Christian or used to be Christians in the past than for complete outsiders.
So if he won't come to church with you don't pressure him and don't be too disappointed. You can bring God's love and His message to your friend through your words and your lifestyle and your overall Christ-like-ness.
For example. if your friend says he's sad you could listen to his story and try to understand why he's sad. Most people don't really listen but bring some cheap advice instead of listening. So by really caring how he feels and what makes him sad you'll show your friend how Christians are different than the world and you are a mirror image of how God loves and care about us. That may bring God closer to your friend than a church service (especially if he's really an atheist that had no relation to religion before). You'll find plenty of ways to tell him about God, too, not in a preachy way, but just by witnessing about your personal experience.

Or maybe I'm wrong and going to church would open your friend's heart for God. Only God knows that, so I'll be praying the Lord will guide you both well.

Praying for your friendnyou of course.

However church isn't really the best place too introduce people to Christ. In my opinion outsiders just feel excluded because they don't know the songs, liturgy, when to get up/ sit down, and just feel strange and alien. Church is usually better for people that are already Christian or used to be Christians in the past than for complete outsiders.
So if he won't come to church with you don't pressure him and don't be too disappointed. You can bring God's love and His message to your friend through your words and your lifestyle and your overall Christ-like-ness.
For example. if your friend says he's sad you could listen to his story and try to understand why he's sad. Most people don't really listen but bring some cheap advice instead of listening. So by really caring how he feels and what makes him sad you'll show your friend how Christians are different than the world and you are a mirror image of how God loves and care about us. That may bring God closer to your friend than a church service (especially if he's really an atheist that had no relation to religion before). You'll find plenty of ways to tell him about God, too, not in a preachy way, but just by witnessing about your personal experience.

Or maybe I'm wrong and going to church would open your friend's heart for God. Only God knows that, so I'll be praying the Lord will guide you both well.
im going to a church meeting with him, there's this british preacher, interesting

Sadly, he cancelled :neutral I did not either go there because my friend who am I going there with wasn't available and did not answer me.

The fact he initially said 'yes' is very encouraging. And, as Angel said, a seed has been planted. As it takes root and starts to grow, he will slowly & cautiously ask more and more questions of you. Continue to treat him with respect, and pray for his heart to be touched by our Lord's love for him so that he can know our Lord.

Be blessed, AIR !

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back