Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[ Testimony ] In an alley in Seattle

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00

ardchoille

I would like to share an incident that once happened to me.

A friend and I were walking around Seattle and had just purchased soft drinks for ourselves. On the way back to the local homeless mission a man approached us and demanded our drinks - this man was larger than either of us and was trying to steal our drinks. My friend took a couple of precautionary steps back but I stood my ground and told him that these were our drinks and that I was out of money at that moment or I would have gladly purchased the stranger his own soft drink. I would have given the stranger my drink if he had asked for it instead of demanded it - something inside me told me that this was a case of attempted theft rather than someone in need to whom I should give freely.

The man took another step toward me and again demanded my drink. I stood in place and, in a firm voice, said "Jesus is Lord". The stranger looked at me, put up his hands, turned and walked away. My friend and I looked at each other, smiled and went on our merry way.

I am unsure as to whether or not I was being tested, but I felt uplifted for the rest of the day and the incident served to strengthen my faith.

The man took another step toward me and again demanded my drink. I stood in place and, in a firm voice, said "Jesus is Lord". The stranger looked at me, put up his hands, turned and walked away. My friend and I looked at each other, smiled and went on our merry way.

I am unsure as to whether or not I was being tested, but I felt uplifted for the rest of the day and the incident served to strengthen my faith.

Jesus the Name above all names.

Mike.

Back