Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

In Awe of They Word. by: Gail A. Riplinger

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
kiwimac said:
You have obviously learned nothing in the last four years, have you Relic?
Your comment is uncalled for and lacks Christian love. Be nice and continue to read your modern translations; they are making you so much closer to the image of Jesus Christ.

My salvation is not dependent on the VERSION of the scriptures I read. KJV-Onlyism is a heresy of the worst kind making faithful Christians into non-Christians based solely on the Bible version they use. As for my character I have never been good with folk who make others into non-believers.

kiwimac said:
My salvation is not dependent on the VERSION of the scriptures I read. KJV-Onlyism is a heresy of the worst kind making faithful Christians into non-Christians based solely on the Bible version they use. As for my character I have never been good with folk who make others into non-believers.
Your salvation IS evidenced by your works; therefore, as far as attacking Christians that prefer KJV over modern versions, perhaps the following Scripture could be your guide:

• 1 Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. 2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ. 3 For if a man think himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself. 4 But let every man prove his own work, and then shall he have rejoicing in himself alone, and not in another. 5 For every man shall bear his own burden. 6 Let him that is taught in the word communicate unto him that teacheth in all good things. 7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. 8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. 9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. 10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith. Galatians 6:1-10

I am not attacking Christians who prefer the KJV. I am attacking a doctrine which makes those who prefer NON-KJV bibles into 'fake' Christians and which does so on the basis of false attacks on Modern Versions of the Bible. I am happy to show HOW Gail A. Riplinger is a Liar, I am happy to provide evidence of her shoddy treatment of other Christians and of how she manipulates the truth including using outright falsehoods.

kiwimac said:
I am not attacking Christians who prefer the KJV. I am attacking a doctrine which makes those who prefer NON-KJV bibles into 'fake' Christians and which does so on the basis of false attacks on Modern Versions of the Bible. I am happy to show HOW Gail A. Riplinger is a Liar, I am happy to provide evidence of her shoddy treatment of other Christians and of how she manipulates the truth including using outright falsehoods.
Is Gail A. Riplinger a fellow believer in the Lord Jesus Christ?

<NOTE: As a matter of fact, I am not a "KJV-Onlyism" believer, but I do prefer the Textus Receptus over the Westcott/Hort and Tischendorf manuscripts. I have always read the KJV and prefer it to others. I absolutely dislike the New International Version, and I filed it in the filing cabinet under trash some 20 plus years ago. I prefer to do word studies from the Greek and Hebrew with comparisons from parallel translations. I have yet to be disappointed with the King James.>

Should no one stand up to Gail Riplinger? Should she be allowed to attack Christians? Moreover should she be allowed to attack and condemn other Christians freely with no one to confront her?

kiwimac said:
Should no one stand up to Gail Riplinger? Should she be allowed to attack Christians? Moreover should she be allowed to attack and condemn other Christians freely with no one to confront her?
If Gail Riplinger is teaching false doctrine she should be reproved, rebuked, corrected, and instructed in the Word of God.

I was more taken back by your manner of unkindness to Relic after a four year silence of this thread, than I am of your persuasion of wrong doing by Gail Riplinger. Relic is a dear Christian lady friend who deserves better from you since you profess to be a brother in Christ.

I will order Gail Riplinger's book and let you know what I think. (It may be four years down the road ;)

Also, you may want to do a study on B. F. Westcott and F. J. A. Hort and discover their purpose and manner of textual criticisms in their sorting out the various manuscripts used to translate the New Testament.

kiwimac said:
I have spent several years of my life studying Westcott and Hort, friend and the lies told about them.
And no other comment than that?

Want specifics?

Ok then,

Here is a purported quote from Westcott.
Quote #1: "Our Bible as well as our Faith is a mere compromise." (Westcott, On the Canon of the New Testament, p.vii).

Here is what he ACTUALLY said.

This quote comes from the very first page of the preface, where he explains why he's writing this book. The quote above is NOT a complete sentence in the context, but has been altered by capitalizing "Our" to make it appear that this is Westcott's complete thought and sentence, rather than him discussing (and rebutting) someone else's previous claim (specifically, a claim coming from the Tübingen School in Germany). Whoever originally "dug out" and altered this quotation of Westcott did so dishonestly, for to find the quote they would have had to read the surrounding text, which makes it clear Westcott is talking about what others have said, not what he himself believes. The misquote attempts to portray Westcott as believing the exact opposite of what he believed. Here is the quote in context, with the sub-quote in bold and Westcott's own view underlined:

"My object in the present Essay has been to deal with the New Testament as a whole, and that on purely historical grounds. The separate books of which it is composed are considered not individually, but as claiming to be parts of the Apostolic heritage of Christians. And thus reserving for another occasion the inquire into their mutual relations and essential unity, I have endavoured to connect the history of the New Testament Canon with the growth and consolidation of the Catholic Church, and to point out the relation existing between the amount of evidence for the authenticity of its component parts, and the whole mass of Christian literature. However imperfectly this design has been carried out, I cannot but hope that such a method of inquiry will convey both the truest notion of the connexion of the written Word with the living body of Christ, and the surest conviction of its divine authority . Hitherto the co-existence of several types of Apostolic doctrine in the first age and of various parties in Christendom for several generations afterwards has been quoted to prove that our Bible as well as our Faith is a mere compromise. But while I acknowledge most willingly the great merit of the Tübingen School in pointing out with marked distinctness the characteristics of the diffferent books of the New Testament, and their connexion with special sides of Christian doctrine and with various eras in the Christian Church, it seems to me almost inexplicable that they should not have found in those writings the explanation instead of the result of the divisions which are are traceable to the Apostolic times."

I have read the book "The King James Only Controversy" by James White. I have not read Riplinger's book. I only read White's book after his Bart Erhman debate. I had little interest in the KJO debate. The reason I feel no interest is that I am more interested in the history behind the greek text, not conspiracy theories related to the KJV only debate.

Nevertheless, I would like to offer a challenge to KJV only people in this thread. I would love to work with everyone here to organize a public moderated timed recorded debate between White and Riplinger. I heard the radio conversation, but I would hardly call that moderated. I would be willing to the White side of this debate and maybe try to organize more funding on the White side to actually see this happen. Would someone be willing to work with the Riplinger side to get her to come to such a debate? I think we should use this thread to get organized and get volenteers. I am serious about this. Do I have any volenteers from the Riplinger side?

Back