Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

In College and under 18

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I think it ok if they take classes, but to live on campus and experience the "college lifestyle" wouldn't be a good idea. I'm at least saying this for state colleges and the like. Too many new things to try and too little experience in the world makes for huge problems.

I began attending college this year when I was 16. I turned 17 shortly after and i think that it is great. I enjoy college way more than high school. The people attending college are sometimes wild and I know that they are partiers but lets face it those people were in high school too right? I find that the people at college level have deeper insights and can usually act in more mature manners for obvious reason (they are older). I think that it is ok if people that are under 18 attend college as long as they are ready to handle everything that goes along with it. You can go to college and I don't know what KnarfKS means by "college lifestyle" but I am guessing you mean the parties and that whole crowd but I think that if you can live a christian life in high school it is just as easy in college.

but I think that if you can live a christian life in high school it is just as easy in college.
I don't agree with this, but that is because I went to one of the most liberal universities in the nation. People in high school aren't nearly as intelligent as the people in college therefore their intellectual arguements are by far more challenging to your faith. The university of Kansas almost prides itself on destroying Christians faith, thats why I say this. I'm glad I had the support from other Christians going through the same struggles and problems with professors and other students otherwise I don't know what I would have done. But the good thing is my faith is by far stronger now than it was before that experience.

Parties were a portion of what I am talking about when I said "college lifestyle" but the majority had to do with the false ideas and concepts literally preached from professors and others students on campuses. Again I don't know what it is like at every college but from my experience a teenage Christian at KU without parental guidance wouldn't fair well at all. Most Christian 18, 19 and 20 year olds don't fair well.

Have you experienced dorm life yet Randi? I'd did some college courses during high school as well, but attending college level classes and the actual life on campus are two different scenes.

I agree that there are more things that challenge your faith in college. I also think that if you are strong enough in your beliefs that those things wont matter. Im not saying that you aren't strong in your faith KnarfKS so don't think that is what i mean. The way you described your school made it sound a lot different than mine. I have respect for you for staying strong in your faith while living in that type of an atmosphere.

I don't live in dorms but I live in an apartment with my cousin and it is right across the street from the campus. Maybe I don't get the full meal deal of the "college lifestyle because I don't live in a dorm. I don't know.

Yeah, I do think the dorms do make a huge difference. You don't have choice of room mates so you might get stuck with a weirdo or drug addict or someone who isn't too shy about what is done with their girlfriend in your room :x . (sorry, had friends stay at my apartment because this happened.)Plus you can't get away from things in dorms, there is nowhere to hide.

I would think most Christian schools are somewhat better. At least there wouldn't be blatent sin being flaunted. Or I would hope not.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back