Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

In the Beginning God...

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Panin

The first verse in the Hebrew Bible is “In (the) beginning God created the heavens and the earth,†Genesis 1:1. The sentence is grammatically complete in the first three of its (in the original Hebrew) seven words. In the beginning God created: B’rayshith bahrah Elohim.
The letters of these three words occupy the following places in the Hebrew Alphabet: 2, 20, 1, 21, 10, 22, 1, 1, 12, 5, 10, 13, - their place value.

The Hebrew has no vowel letters as such, using separate points instead for vowels; but does have certain letters which are either wholly or partly silent. In this sentence Letters 1, 5, 10 are such letters, and are here for convenience called vowel-letters.

The number of letters in this sentence is 14, or 2 x 7 (feature 1), with a place value of 140, or 7x2x2x2x5, also a multiple of seven (feature 2); of which the odd numbers have 42, or 7x2x3; and the even have 98, or 7x2x2, again 2 sevens (feature 3), of sevens (feature 4). The vowel letters have 28, or 7x2x2; the consonants have 112, or 7x2x2x2x2; this division being also by 2 sevens (feature5)

If now the fourteen place values of the letters be multiplied by their order numbers as they occur in the sentence, we have

2 x 1 is 2
20 x 2 is 40
1 x 3 is 3
21 x 4 is 84
10 x 5 is 50
22 x 6 is 132
2 x 7 is 14
20 x 8 is 160
1 x 9 is 9
1 x 10 is 10
12 x11 is 132
5 x 12 is 60
10 x 13 is 130
13x14 is 182
140 1008

The result thus obtained is 1008, or 7x2x2x2x3x3, or 144x7 (feature 6), with seven factors (feature 7), whose sum is 21, or 3x7 (feature 8); and of this sum 1008, the units have 28, or 4x7; leaving for the tens and hundreds 980, or 7x7x2x2x5, or 20x7 (feature 9) of sevens (feature 10); the numbers of one figure have 14, or 2 x7; of more than 994, or 7x7x71. This division is not only by sevens, but by 2 sevens (feature 11)

There are thus no fewer than eleven features of sevens in the matter of places values alone in this sentence of three words: More than three features for each of its three words. An elaborate design of sevens thus runs through the first Bible sentence.

The whole verse “In (the) beginning God created the heavens and the earth,†the first part of which already presents eleven features of sevens by itself, presents the following numeric phenomena: It has seven words (feature1) with 28 letters or 4x7 (feature 2), divided thus; As already seen the first three words of the verse forming the subject and the predicate of the full sentence in the verse have 14 letters, 2 x7. The object, the heavens and the earth, has also 17, or 2x7 (feature 3) the object in turn is divided thus: the heavens have 7; and the earth have also 7 (feature 4). The two words which begin with the first letter of the alphabet, Elohim, and eth, have 7 letters (feature 5); being words 3 and 4 of the verse, with 7 for their sum; leaving 21 for the other 5 words, 3x7 (feature 6), being words 1, 2, 5, 6, 7 of the verse, with nouns of the verse, God, heaven and earth (in the Hebrew) have 14 letters, 2x7 (feature 7). The value of these three words is moreover 924, 7x3x44, or 132 x7 (feature 8); of which the place value has 147, 3 sevens of seven (feature 9); and the numeric value has 777, or 7x111, itself a multiple of seven (feature 10) with the sum of the figures 21, 3 x 7
(feature 11)

Twenty - two features of sevens are thus presented by this verse of seven words, three features for every word, and three features for every four of its 28 letters.

This, however, is nowise exhausts the numeric phenomena of this verse. The paper about this verse alone has been rewritten about a dozen times; because every time it is gone over afresh new features hitherto unobserved come into view. At the first writing eight features of sevens were observed; and these were deemed remarkable enough to justify their publication in a two page tractlet. In the last edition the number of features grew to over forty. At the present writing over fifty features of sevens alone are already in view, with the end not yet in sight. Without wearying the reader with their entire enumeration, a few examples will be given in illustration of the numeric phenomena presented by this one verse of seven words, where so far already twenty -two features of seven have been pointed out.

Can I ask you what you are presenting here? I've read over it a few times now and sorry but I don't get the point of what you are presenting?

The only thing Ive never been able to figure out about the numbers is that theyre based on the verses, right ?
But the verse breaks were added much later and couldnt it have been intentional to put them where they are ?

Sorry, I just dont know much about this particular thing :)

follower of Christ said:
The only thing Ive never been able to figure out about the numbers is that theyre based on the verses, right ?
But the verse breaks were added much later and couldnt it have been intentional to put them where they are ?

No problem. Appologies for any confusion.

Im presenting some of the findings of Ivan Panin. The lost hate this stuff, particularly those who attack the inspiration of scripture. I'm interested to see what Christians think of it.

To my mind it proves beyond a shadow of a doubt the inspiration of Scripture. IE God wrote it through men. (God breathed). This is proof of that.

whirlwind said:
Hi Panin.....I assume you have a "Panin" bible you are quoting from ? :yes

I have the PAnin new testament in ENglish translation, but all of Panins findings are taken from the greek and hebrew text.

follower of Christ said:

The following is an explaination that I hope helps. It isn't based on verse breaks or chapters but on the scipture itself.

The bible is written in two languages: The Old Testament in Hebrew (the few chapters in Chaldee being of for numeric purposes the same as Hebrew) the New Testament in Greek. Both these languages have this peculiarity: they have no separate symbols for numbers, corresponding to our modern Arabic figures, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0. In place they make use of the letters of the alphabet, so that each Hebrew and Greek letter stands also for a certain number. This is called the numeric value of the letter. As each word consists of letters, the numeric value of a word is the sum of the numeric value of the letters. The numeric value of a sentence, paragraph, chapter, book or volume, or library, is the sum of numeric values of the words of which these consist.

By means of these numeric values the Greeks and Hebrews performed all their numeric operations. But in scripture an additional system is used for the purpose of numeric construction of the text, that of Place Values.

The Place Value of a letter in the Scripture, whether Hebrew of Greek, is the number of the place the letter occupies in the alphabet. Accordingly, in the Hebrew the place values and the numeric values of the first ten letters are the same. And the same is the case with the first five letters in the Greek. But the eleventh Hebrew letter does not stand for eleven, but twenty. Accordingly its numeric value is 20, but its place value is 11; the last letter of the Hebrew alphabet, the twenty-second, stands for 400. Accordingly its numeric value is 400 but its place value is 22. The same applies in the Greek alphabet. Its sixth letter stands for 7; this is its numeric value, but its place value is 6.

The value of a Hebrew or Greek letter or word is the sum of its numeric and place values: thus the value of the word for “Jesus†in Greek is 975, of which the numeric value is 888, and the place value is 87. Now note further features.

The numeric value is divisible by seven.

The numeric value of the various alphabetical groups is divisible by seven.

The numerical value of the various forms in which the words occur produce the same phenomenon.

The above enumeration barely touches the surface of the numerics Panin brought to light in the structure of this one portion. He challenged any man to write one paragraph of 300 words intelligently and produce the same phenomena of like designs, and complete it in six months. Any man who can do it will prove himself a wonder. No man has offered.

But many of the scripture writers were men chosen of ordinary walks in life, having little or no schooling. If Matthew, Mark, Luke or John. For instance, had attempted to write by unaided human wisdom, and produced the harmonious numeric features found throughout their books, and in each topic of their books, how long would it have taken them? Remember that with each additional sentence the difficulty of constructing on this plan increases in arithmetical and geometrical progression, for they contrive to write each paragraph so as to develop constantly fixed numeric relations to what goes before and comes after.

But an even more amazing feature remains: the number of words found in Matthew, not found in any other New Testament book, displays elaborate numeric design. How did Matthew know that he has used words that would not be used in any of the other 26 books? He would have to have before him all of these books, and would have to have written last.

It so happens however, that each of the other books shows the same phenomena. Did each writer write last? If not, then is each of the writers a mind reader as well as a literary and mathematical artist, never equalled and hardly even conceivable?

Panin proceeded to prove by numerics that every book of our Bible carries such features, that each one is necessary to cause the numerical scheme of the entire Bible to work out correctly, and that nothing can be added to or subtracted from the Bible, as we have it, without spoiling these features.

From the first verse of Genesis to the last verse of Revelation, these divine evidences are found. The God of nature is, therefore, proved to be the God of Scripture. The quarrel of modern sceptics therefore, is not with believers of the Bible, but with God Himself.

By Ivan Panin

Panin said:
2 x 1 is 2
20 x 2 is 40
1 x 3 is 3
21 x 4 is 84
10 x 5 is 50
22 x 6 is 132
2 x 7 is 14
20 x 8 is 160
1 x 9 is 9
1 x 10 is 10
12 x11 is 132
5 x 12 is 60
10 x 3 is 130
13x14 is 182
140 1008

The result thus obtained is 1008,
Panin, isn't 10x3=30 which only gives us a total of 908?
Westtexas

westtexas said:
Panin said:
2 x 1 is 2
20 x 2 is 40
1 x 3 is 3
21 x 4 is 84
10 x 5 is 50
22 x 6 is 132
2 x 7 is 14
20 x 8 is 160
1 x 9 is 9
1 x 10 is 10
12 x11 is 132
5 x 12 is 60
10 x 3 is 130
13x14 is 182
140 1008

The result thus obtained is 1008,
Panin, isn't 10x3=30 which only gives us a total of 908?
Westtexas

Hi quite right that's a typo of mine I retyped this form books I have that He wrote, it's not a cut and paste job. My mistake, thanks for pointing it out. :) Also I have a bad case of dislexia.

westtexas said:
I was just wondering, I don't know anything about this numbering system.
Godbless, Westtexas

Well you do now, I have just told you about it. God bless :)

In the last days I believe we will need to be able to prove that the word of God is the word of God.

This proof is irrefutable proof. Its been around for over 100 years. It broke Panin's heart that the majority of the "church" rejected his findings as un-important. This after spending 50 years of his life and over 40,000 pages of notes, all done alone by himself.

This discovery is more important than any other human achievement in the history of mankind in my opinion.

So man alledgedly walked on the moon did he? Bid deal! The word of God is the word of God, and we can prove it. Thats a big deal.

PS - just to put the cat among the pigeons. I believe if man had walked on the moon, there would be something about it in the bible.

I've got to ask this and I'm not trying to cast doubt on Panin or his theory as I hadn't even heard of it until you started this thread but here's my question. In the OP if the total sum of numbers is actually 908 and the justification for it in the OP relys on the number 1008, how does he justify this? Just curious.
Godbless, Westtexas

westtexas said:
I've got to ask this and I'm not trying to cast doubt on Panin or his theory as I hadn't even heard of it until you started this thread but here's my question. In the OP if the total sum of numbers is actually 908 and the justification for it in the OP relys on the number 1008, how does he justify this? Just curious.
Godbless, Westtexas

Humble appologies My mistake again with the re-typing. (Panin isn't trying to justify my errors (Sorry Ivan) It has been corrected, thanks for pointing it out.

God Bless.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back