Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[_ Old Earth _] "In the beginning GOD ... "

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Relic

Must listen to this radio broadcast given by Pastor Bob Coy.
He shows you how insignificant and how awesome creation really is. shows the significance of our place in it compared to the place God has in it. Pastor Coy, then goes on to giving some excellent scientific facts and valid reasons as to why it is logical to believe in something, rather than nothing. And much more.

An hour long sermon on the verse Genesis 1:1-5

He concentrates on the first verse. Genesis 1:1

"In the beginning GOD ... "

A Reliable Record Gen 1:1-5
rtsp://archive.calvaryftl.org/RM/A/Sanctuary/A1256l.rm

If you can't get the above link to work here, you then have to go online and register to hear it. Once you register at this link:
http://www.calvaryftl.org/archive/Search-Results.cfm?CurrentPage=7
you can then pick the Audio file entitled:
Title: A Reliable Record Gen 1:1-5
Date: 01/08/1995
Tape number: A1256

By: Pastor Bob Coy gives the best sermon on Genesis 1:1 that I have ever heard! He is;
Funny
Profound
Intense!
and reveals TRUTH!

An hour long sermon on 5 lines...?

boooooooooooooooring.

Asimov said:

boooooooooooooooring.

If you think Bob Coy is boring, then I know you didn't listen to the sermon!

You are jumping to conclusions without even listening to him.

He is NOT BORING!!!!
Have you ever even heard of Pastor Bob Coy?

He is Not Boring! He is exciting, very captivating, and yes, he is very funny too!

Too bad.... it's your loss...not mine!

check out his website if you don't know who he is!
http://www.activeword.org

Relic said:
Asimov said:

boooooooooooooooring.

If you think Bob Coy is boring, then I know you didn't listen to the sermon!

You are jumping to conclusions without even listening to him.

He is NOT BORING!!!!
Have you ever even heard of Pastor Bob Coy?

He is Not Boring! He is exciting, very captivating, and yes, he is very funny too!

Too bad.... it's your loss...not mine!

check out his website if you don't know who he is!
http://www.activeword.org

Why would I?

Dear Relic,

I would be grateful if you could share what you learned from Pastor Bob Coy re Genesis 1:1

thanks,

with love and respect, andy153

andy153 said:
Dear Relic,

I would be grateful if you could share what you learned from Pastor Bob Coy re Genesis 1:1

thanks,

greetings andy153,

Have you listened to the sermon?

Please do. It is difficult to break down Pastor Coy's sermons. He is too elaborate and gives far to many examples that lead up the the point he is making. Just in the first 7 minutes of that sermon he already shows us three basics that must be and are established between man and God just in using the first four words in that very first sentence in the book of Genesis. "In the beginning God...".
And so, you want me to tell you what I learned? I could write forever! :-?

It would take me two pages to tell you what was said in the first 7 minutes of that sermon. And you want me to tell you what I learned in the whole of that hour? It would take me at least 24 pages. If you knew me you would know. I don't have an easy time of it giving brief messages. :-?

If you like I can try to make an outline of the sermon in 15 minute increments. The real meat of the sermon is not revealed until 2/3 of the way through because Pastor Coy builds up his sermons in that manor. If you skip the first part of the sermon, you won't get the meaning of the message very well. Besides, Pastor Coy paints a picture, he tells a story. He doesn't just give a lecture. He is creative in his presentation. I dare not ruin it. There are sermons that are easy to outline and give a synopsis of what was told. But with Pastor Coy. :roll: It's not that easy, Believe me. Because he is just to much of the creative type. He illustrates like no other Pastor I've heard before. He is a wonderful and very bright and whity preacher. :biggrin

Ya know... That's a quirk! Because if you do that ,just try to just outline the bible, you then also miss out on a the whole of the message of it. 8-)

What would you like me to reveal to you? It's not easy and not fair to Pastor Coy to chop up his message and write about it without you listening to it so that you would understand what I was getting at, working towards, and in the end, ultimately revealing to you the whole of the message. :-?

Are you planning on listening to the sermon?

A Reliable Record Gen 1:1-5
rtsp://archive.calvaryftl.org/RM/A/Sanctuary/A1256l.rm

If you can't get the above link to work here, you then have to go online and register to hear it. Once you register at this link:
http://www.calvaryftl.org/archive/Search-Results.cfm?CurrentPage=7
you can then pick the Audio file entitled:
Date: 01/08/1995
Tape number: A1256

-----------------------

Dear Relic,

you seem genuinely excited about this sermon, that being the case I would like to know what you base your excitement on.

Can you just reveal just one thing that you have learned about this scripture from Bob Coy.

If you can get me excited like yourself then I'll listen to the sermon.

andy153 said:
Dear Relic,

you seem genuinely excited about this sermon, that being the case I would like to know what you base your excitement on.

Can you just reveal just one thing that you have learned about this scripture from Bob Coy.

If you can get me excited like yourself then I'll listen to the sermon.

Listen, It's not up to me to get you excited about a sermon. I wouldn't have placed it in this forum if it wasn't about the universe and how science proves God's Word to be true.

If you need proof that his sermon is worth listening to without looking for yourself, then what's with that?

May I ask what you are trying to get out of me?
If you can't find out for yourself and use your own judgment about what YOU think about Pastor Coy's sermon then nothing I say will convince you to listen to it. So then you must decide if YOU want to know what That pastor has to teach you. I know for a fact that when many people listen to the same sermon. not everyone walks away with the same exact gain.

I may have been impressed with the section on how he exemplified and elaborated on faith and how it is established. Or I may have walked away with being amazed at all the scientific facts he presented in giving a convincing story about how it must only be God that can create such a universe.

I told you before, Pastor Bob Coy is not light weight preacher. He give an excellent presentation and is right in line with scriptural fact.

by the way. Pastor Coy used to be an atheist. If that helps you any? I have no idea what you are after. And it amazes me that you are so reluctant to listen to his sermon. It's not big deal to sit and listen to it for even 5 minutes out of the hour. What are you trying to get at?

Please don't beat around the bush with me. I am straight forward and I told you. If I give you my version of what Pastor Coy's sermon is like you may not be getting out of it what you would have if I didn't influence you.
I don't think I left out so much as to leave you in mystery all that much. After all the Forum is about evolution and science. Well, Pastor Bob gives his perspective and keeps it in perspective to scripture. He does not rely on mans science to prove his point. He relies of God's word to prove his point.

Hey, it's your choice. I don't' know you at all. this is my first encounter with you and you give me a time of it because you want more out of me before you'll listen? What? Am I trying to sell you a product? :o I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I already offered to give you a breakdown by making an outline of it for you. And that is not easy for me to do. I take too long in gathering my notes! I'm too detail oriented when it comes to making notes from a lesson. Did so in college and I still do it! Even my posts here are too long. :-? But I don't know what you want. :sad I told you he covers way too much in just a few minutes time, and if I take it out of context it loses it's impact. So why even bother to even dare try and ruin a sermon from one of my favorite Pastors? I'm just sharing what I think to be a pleasant sermon jam packed with enlightenment as well as a time of enjoying Pastor Bob Coy's sense of humor and wit and wisdom! He is one of my favorite ministers and He has been for years. I'm sorry you think I have to convince you to listen to it. I don't think it is up to me to do that. It's Pastor Bob's sermon, not mine! He will do the convincing through his excellent presentation and reference to scripture.

Why would you be so reluctant to listen to some sermon, anyway? :smt102 That is amazing to me :-? :smt017 Oh well..... :roll: It's there if you want to listen. And if you do, I hope you enjoy it and the Good Lord blesses you from it.

Peace :smt109 :angel:

Dear Relic,

May I ask what you are trying to get out of me?

You certainly may !

You ask us to listen to a sermon, that's ok.

Unfortunately, not all have the time nor the inclination to commit to such a request.

All I want to get out of you as you put it is this.........

What did Pastor Coy reveal that was so great about this verse ?

I know for a fact that when many people listen to the same sermon. not everyone walks away with the same exact gain.

That's my point, that's why I am asking the question of you.

What have you learned from this sermon ?

It isn't a trick question. Why are you so defensive ?

I may have been impressed with the section on how he exemplified and elaborated on faith and how it is established. Or I may have walked away with being amazed at all the scientific facts he presented in giving a convincing story about how it must only be God that can create such a universe.

Yes ok, but that's nothing new for me. I already stand in awe at this verse of scripture, I know that only God could have created the universe.

told you he covers way too much in just a few minutes time, and if I take it out of context it loses it's impact. So why even bother to even dare try and ruin a sermon from one of my favorite Pastors?

I would never do such a thing ! You seem like a nice person, why would I want to spoil anything for you.

All I am asking is what new insight did you glean from Pastor Coy ?

I figure if you can't summarize the message in a post, then it's probably not a very good subject for a message board.

If you're just proslytizing, then you probably have come to the wrong place. Everyone here has either (like me) become a Christian or else they've decided they aren't going to be one.

If you want to win souls, my experience is that your conduct will be much more effective than a canned sermon. No matter how vital and stirring it was to you in person, they tend to lose a lot in recording.

Or so I've found.

Why are you all making such a big deal about it? :o

Why make such a big deal out of my placing an audio file here to share with those that are not so closed minded that they have to have some hyped up write up about it. It's about evolution. Else I wouldn't have placed it in this thread. Don't listen if you don't want to. It's no loss to me
So then, you are wasting my time with your closed mindedness . So don't bother writing in this thread if you don't want to listen to the audio I place here.

Why should I even want to deal with closed minded people? Don't bother. I could care less if you want to co-operate in listening or not. Just makes no sense to me that you have to write a big stink about not having enough information on it. If you don't like it then there's always that ignore button!

Relic said:
Why are you all making such a big deal about it? :o

Why make such a big deal out of my placing an audio file here to share with those that are not so closed minded that they have to have some hyped up write up about it. It's about evolution. Else I wouldn't have placed it in this thread. Don't listen if you don't want to. It's no loss to me
So then, you are wasting my time with your closed mindedness . So don't bother writing in this thread if you don't want to listen to the audio I place here.

Why should I even want to deal with closed minded people? Don't bother. I could care less if you want to co-operate in listening or not. Just makes no sense to me that you have to write a big stink about not having enough information on it. If you don't like it then there's always that ignore button!

Close minded? What does that have to do with this sermon?

I don't want to listen to it because I have no need to hear an hourlong lecture on 5 lines.

A sermon is just that, relic, a sermon. It's preaching to the choir. If it were an argument for Christianity, then maybe you could pull the close-minded card for my reasons to not listen.

Sermons are boring, and they provide no evidence.

"For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old..." 2 Peter 3:5

They are willingly ignorant of the truth, and committed to a materialistic worldview.

The evolutionists who deny God have a blind faith - namely, that information can arise out of disorder by chance. The Christian faith is not a blind faith, but is logically defensible, and explains the findings of real science.

HGPgal said:
"For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old..." 2 Peter 3:5

They are willingly ignorant of the truth, and committed to a materialistic worldview.

The evolutionists who deny God have a blind faith - namely, that information can arise out of disorder by chance. The Christian faith is not a blind faith, but is logically defensible, and explains the findings of real science.

Hahahhaa.....wow...

This thread appears to be going nowhere and so it will be locked. Let's try not to make such topics into "whose close-minded and who isn't".

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back