Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Information about Street Preaching

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
Back some where around 1926 Mom played the peddle organ for street meetings.

She was about 3-4 and some one else had to work the peddles she couldn't reach....

Back in the 80's in Dublin, we went to Grafton Street...closed to all but foot traffic...anybody with a soapbox could come and do their thing.

Our thing was to perform mime, short skits, give short testimonies...it's was amazing how quickly a crowd would gather. Then others in our group who were just there in the crowd would use the skits or whatever was being performed as a jumping off point to share the gospel. It was part of an effort to start a new Presbyterian Church in Dublin...but we didn't call it "Presbyterian" because of the sharp political overtones that word has there.

Anyway, we always invited the folks we talked with to dinner at night, often times going out with them afterwards. The church opened that September with over 80 charter members, 55 of which were people we spoke to on Grafton Street.

A wonderful ministry opportunity and memories to last a lifetime!

I did take a peek at the first page of the website. I didn't read the whole thing, because I just don't have time, so I'm just commenting on the pictures.

People are hungry, they really are, for just some basic answers to questions they have about God and heaven. I don't like the point the finger in condemnation approach. Just knowing that someone is willing to talk about the questions they have spurs much earnest conversations with a lot of folks.

Each day before we went out, the pastor of the church-yet-to-be would talk over with us how to share the gospel. He compared our ministry to that of a mid-wife. The mid-wife is neither the mom, nor the baby, she's just there to help facilitate the birth.

We were neither the sinner needing grace, nor the Savior Who offered it...we were just there to help facilitate the re-birth.

I did take a peek at the first page of the website. I didn't read the whole thing, because I just don't have time, so I'm just commenting on the pictures.

People are hungry, they really are, for just some basic answers to questions they have about God and heaven. I don't like the point the finger in condemnation approach. Just knowing that someone is willing to talk about the questions they have spurs much earnest conversations with a lot of folks.

Each day before we went out, the pastor of the church-yet-to-be would talk over with us how to share the gospel. He compared our ministry to that of a mid-wife. The mid-wife is neither the mom, nor the baby, she's just there to help facilitate the birth.

We were neither the sinner needing grace, nor the Savior Who offered it...we were just there to help facilitate the re-birth.
It sounds like great memories. Were there ever divisions in your congregation?

Well said. I hope more people ask me questions.

Back