Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Internet Explorer

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
You will be a pro in no time Kathi:salute:):idea:yes:biggrin2

How to Build a Computer
http://electronics.howstuffworks.com/how-to-tech/build-a-computer.htm
smiley-scared007.gif

Even though I have Avast that virus still got me.Avast told me "we don't get it all". I have a antimalware that I love called Emsisoft.

Yup, no security software will catch everything. The only way to completely avoid viruses is to not connect to the internet.

Also, any security software worth anything will provide daily updates, but those updates only enhance your firewall/antivirus based on known viruses.

Should a person have a registry cleaner as well?I noticed when the tech was fixing my computer he used on.

Should a person have a registry cleaner as well?I noticed when the tech was fixing my computer he used on.

Kathi,
Windoze is the only system with a registry and every time you start windows and shut it down, you create a registry error... every time. Anytime you go on the web you will, likely create an error unless that error is already created. This is true of installing and especially when uninstalling, you create more errors there. If you hate doing fresh installs, and I know no one that doesn't, you need RegScrub. None cof the programs that have been suggested in the replies to your request for help, all you have ignored, are for Computer Users. Techs use them also but they are written for Users like yourself. If you download them, any of them, from anywhere but where has been suggested, it is on you because only sites listed can be trusted.

(Foot note) Root Kits of any kind are to be avoided because they give other people access to you identity, your interests, your children's identities, your bank info, litterally, a new form of rape. That being said: Any version of windoze after Vista comes with a US government approved, uninstallable Root Kit. The purpose of that kit is just as I described they are for. If I can disassemble their software, anyone with the money to buy the tools can do that and use thier National Defense ¿Software? to invade you in your home.

The number one reason people purchase new computers for their home use is their corrupted registry. In this ministry of mine where I accept used computers for free hard drive, government approved, for free, saving each company at least 500 fer computer and some folks up north, I'm told get 1500 per unit to sterilize a drive. The comppany units never suffer from corrupted registries because some one like Lewis and I is being paid #70,000 and up to do nightly maintenance on those units. All of the home units donated to me as broken... are not. They have corrupted registries.

Kathi,
Windoze is the only system with a registry and every time you start windows and shut it down, you create a registry error... every time. Anytime you go on the web you will, likely create an error unless that error is already created. This is true of installing and especially when uninstalling, you create more errors there. If you hate doing fresh installs, and I know no one that doesn't, you need RegScrub. None cof the programs that have been suggested in the replies to your request for help, all you have ignored, are for Computer Users. Techs use them also but they are written for Users like yourself. If you download them, any of them, from anywhere but where has been suggested, it is on you because only sites listed can be trusted.

(Foot note) Root Kits of any kind are to be avoided because they give other people access to you identity, your interests, your children's identities, your bank info, litterally, a new form of rape. That being said: Any version of windoze after Vista comes with a US government approved, uninstallable Root Kit. The purpose of that kit is just as I described they are for. If I can disassemble their software, anyone with the money to buy the tools can do that and use thier National Defense ¿Software? to invade you in your home.

The number one reason people purchase new computers for their home use is their corrupted registry. In this ministry of mine where I accept used computers for free hard drive, government approved, for free, saving each company at least 500 fer computer and some folks up north, I'm told get 1500 per unit to sterilize a drive. The comppany units never suffer from corrupted registries because some one like Lewis and I is being paid #70,000 and up to do nightly maintenance on those units. All of the home units donated to me as broken... are not. They have corrupted registries.
Is RegScrub compatible with Avast and Emsisoft?

Is RegScrub compatible with Avast and Emsisoft?
Yes mam and if you download it, it only runs on your command and will interfere with nothing else.
form just after XP came out I have yet to have one of my tech friends report one issue to me and I have certainly never seen one.

Oh, I forgot, if you run this and do not get a great leap in speed, you definately have an ISP issue. ISP = Internet Service Provider.

So it cleans your registries....right?I don't know if I have asked this before but why is IE so incredibly show after the computer crash?Firefox is fast.My internet server told me that since Firefox is fast it is not their issue.IE was really fast a few days ago.

Last edited:
So it cleans your registries....right?I don't know if I have asked this before but why is IE so incredibly show after the computer crash?Firefox is fast.My internet server told me that since Firefox is fast it is not their issue.IE was really fast a few days ago.
Firefox and the even faster Chrome are not tightly tied to your registry. You likely said the difference in FFs speed and IE's speed was so different and it flew in one of my ears and out the other but that does indicate there is an issue with your system, likely the registry. It can also be an update from MS.

Taylor Vista is a resource hog it runs better when you max out the memory, but like Windows Me Vista was bad, but many people still use Vista. And there are software out there to help you with this OS as you know. CC Cleaner is great, and for people who don't know what they are doing I would recommend Advance System Care free or Pro. It will take care of everything
Advanced System Care
http://www.iobit.com/advancedsystemcareper.html

I use Vista Home Premium 32-bit, 2GB memory, and 1.6GHz dual core processor at home since 2007 and haven't had any trouble with it. I actually like it. It seems very responsive. At work they have me using a laptop with Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, 16GB memory, and 1.6GHz Vpro processor and I find that to be more sluggish than my home system even when I'm not connected to the network with the laptop.

Regarding the IE browser, as I've already mentioned, I do not like it. It is slow, I do not find it to be user-friendly, and user customization is extremely limited. I prefer Chrome over all the others I've tried.

I use Vista Home Premium 32-bit, 2GB memory, and 1.6GHz dual core processor at home since 2007 and haven't had any trouble with it. I actually like it. It seems very responsive. At work they have me using a laptop with Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit, 16GB memory, and 1.6GHz Vpro processor and I find that to be more sluggish than my home system even when I'm not connected to the network with the laptop.

Regarding the IE browser, as I've already mentioned, I do not like it. It is slow, I do not find it to be user-friendly, and user customization is extremely limited. I prefer Chrome over all the others I've tried.
My IE was very fast and always was until about 3 days ago.It seems to be a Yahoo issue.I used to find IE very user friendly but that is just me.

Ok so these are the facts:
I have windows Vista
My browsers are IE which was frozen which I had to pay to have it fixed.It remains very, very slow when it was very fast a few days ago.
I also browse with firefox which is very fast but I hate it.
I have Avast for my anti-virus
I scan with Emsisoft for anti-malware
Avast keeps popping up with message saying I have 17 things on my computer that are slowing it down.Of course they want me to pay to have that resolved.
What can I do to get IE faster and maybe make my whole computer faster?Something that I could download that would be compatible with Avast and Emsisoft.

Use one of the free registry cleaners that were suggested in this thread. A clean registry will always speed up your computer as will defragging it.

Last edited:
Ok I downloaded CC cleaner which got good reviews.I did a scan and cleaned some things up.I got a message that said "this will permanently delete your files are you sure you want to do this?" I hit ok.I sure hope everything will be ok.

Back