Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Interracial Marrage

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Well, I had agreed to replace the word RACISM with XENOPHOBIA.

And in the broadest sense of the word it IS going to come across as racist to a lot of people.

Marriage is an entirely VOLUNTARY relationship. Having a particular desire or preference in whom you marry is not racist (as to it's negative connotation). Thinking others should agree with your opinion to marry within their own race, but still give them the complete freedom to marry as they want is not racist.
This reminds me of those color hue sticks where the one can start at the one end at white and move through ever darker shades of grey until ending with solid black.

Having a particular desire or preference in whom you marry is not at all racist. Sexual attraction is a hard thing to define, but it certainly defines who one would want to marry. Myself... I've never found light blond men attractive... me, a blond haired blue-eyed person myself...:shrug I've always been much more attractive to darker men, brown or black hair, tanned or olive skin...

If a big bang happened and there were only three people left on the face of the planet, Michael Jordan, Larry Bird and myself... I'd be more interested in Michael than Larry. However, throw Steve Nash into the mix and I'd probably go for Steve. Nothing racist about any of this... just personal preference. My own dear Steve (Miller not Nash) has olive toned skin that tans to a dark brown in the summer, darker brown hair and green eyes. He about perfect in every way to me.

However, thinking that others should agree with your opinion to marry within your own race... now that's moving on down the line. To me, this is a racist opinion. This is going beyond one's personal preference and beginning to impose one's own opinion's upon others... and in this case the opinion is about others marrying someone due solely upon race...

If I am not particularly attracted to light blond haired males... should I then say that others should agree with me that two light blond haired/blue eyed people shouldn't marry each other?

If it would be ridiculous for me to expect others to agree with me that two blonds shouldn't marry each other... then why is it any less ridiculous for someone to expect others to agree with them that people of two different races shouldn't marry each other?

How about this scenario.... A white woman finds herself in the midst of a rather shallow dating pool. And, anyone who has ever faced dating when in their 30's will agree that the dating pool is very shallow indeed. She's a Christian woman and she only knows a few single men. Of the single men that she knows.. the only other Christian in the pool is a black man... Should she then "stick with her own race" and either remain single or compromise godly standards and marry a non-Christian? This is when the issues moves on down that color hue the darker side of nasty racism.

So, if it's racist to have a race preference when selecting a mate, would it be sexist to have a gender preference when selecting a mate?

So, if it's racist to have a race preference when selecting a mate, would it be sexist to have a gender preference when selecting a mate?
NO we are all of the humam race and within the humam race are 2 genders.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​
This thread is toxic enough if it goes sexual i will close it.reba

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back