Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

[__ Prayer __] Interview tomorrow

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

bigllama

I have a very important university interview that is tomorrow. I've never had a real interview that was intense or as long as this one is going to be (they say its going to last about a 1/2 hour). Hopefully, I will be able to demonstrate to them that I am a capable student and a good choice to be in their school. If you guys could pray for me, that would be awesome. Thanks!!!

May the light of God shine where you walk and may the Lord bless your efforts according to his riches.

Sure thing I wil pray, and also try help you with some practical advice too, Prayer is good but prayer combined with preparation is better.

Some interview techniques I have found successful in the past for getting through employment and general interviews are these:

Take vitamin B tablets and pray the lords will be done and you accept it no matter what prior to interviews as it helps calm nerves.

Be prepared for the question "tell me about yourself" It is usually a fairly quick question to come out. Having a well thought out answer to that in advance helps a lot. You should already know in your mind all about yourself and your work/education history in detail. And anything else of relevance.

Make sure you sleep well the night before as a priority.

Dress immaculately everything must be perfect as you can.

Be polite and respectful no if at all joking use discretion for informality. If they look serious be serious.

Dont say negatives about anyone or anything.

don't oversell yourself or you might have to live up to it-keep it honest.

I often discuss how much I value an environment that is full of consideration and people who get on, because I do. People who hire like that they dont want arguing trouble makers to upset the team.

Safety-if that comes up remarking about safety consciousness is always a winner.

As you finish your interview make sure you shake your interviewers hand and thank them for their time in interviewing you.

Most of all be positive having a genuine concern for others goes over well. If you are in tune with god that seems to come naturally. Prayer first helps in that.

hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the practical advice. I've heard/read most of those some time in my preparation, but it was a nice reminder.

I will most definitely pray for you, and hope all goes well with your interview. If there is anything I know is that God answers prayers and he will definitely come through for you on this, if it his will. I remember when I was younger I learned the power of prayer and God hasn't failed me yet. Have faith and God will bless.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back