Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is adoption a sin?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Adopting babies. Is that a sin against God and man?
HUH
bald_head.gif

My guess would be that the reason someone might think adoption a sin is that someone might do it to have children yet avoid procreating for themselves. Since some feel avoiding procreation to be going against God's command to Adam and Eve to populate the earth.

For myself, I feel that thinking is flawed and unreasonable, but I won't get into that now.
Suffice to say one might choose adoption over procreation because perhaps this world needs more people who will take care of the needy rather than add to the population. And I think that's fine.
Though I would find taking this position as if it were the moral high road (ie, "how dare you bring another child into the world when you could adopt someone already in it") to be just as volatile as the reverse.

Last edited:
what kind of silly question is that?
same wonder as we all listened to the radio sermon few hours ago. They made some points I didnt really care to ponder over them.
However majority okayed adoption.
Then I remebered the gentiles stuff

My guess would be that the reason someone might think adoption a sin is that someone might do it to have children yet avoid procreating for themselves. Since some feel avoiding procreation to be going against God's command to Adam and Eve to populate the earth.

For myself, I feel that thinking is flawed and unreasonable, but I won't get into that now.
Suffice to say one might choose adoption over procreation because perhaps this world needs more people who will take care of the needy rather than add to the population. And I think that's fine.
Though I would find taking this position as if it were the moral high road (ie, "how dare you bring another child into the world when you could adopt someone already in it") to be just as volatile as the reverse.
Yea! This point was mentioned too by one of the preachers. It was kind of a radio forum

I suppose this could be a debate for the A&T forum but when God told Adam and Eve to be fruitful and multiply, was that a command that demanded compliance or was it a blessing? When my children were in school sports, on game day when they left the house I usually told them something like, "Do your best!" or "Have fun." or "Score lots of points." or "Play your heart out." Good thing they didn't hear that last one as a command that demanded compliance!

I do not believe there is anything wrong with adopting a child and giving them a loving home. I can find one scripture that people may use to say putting up a child for adoption is wrong this would be 1Timothy 5:8.
1 Timothy 5:8New International Version (NIV)
8 Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

This scripture is talking about providing for ones family. I would say this applies materially and spiritually. So if a person gives away their child simply because they don't want it, this scripture may apply. For instance in some countries parents give away baby girls because they don't value them, or children with special needs. Children are a gift from God, so I certainly would not give my gifts away, but at the same time I can understand that there may be circumstances where the parents simply are not able to provide for their child. God can read our hearts he knows if giving away a child is due to selfish reasons or the best interest of the child.

I am curious did the radio show give a scriptural basis for why they believe adopting a child is wrong? I can't find one.

I am curious did the radio show give a scriptural basis for why they believe adopting a child is wrong? I can't find one.
Because there is NONE !! God adopted us into His family.........so we know God will not ever sin. So if He can adopt how could it ever be a sin for a human to adopt providing it is legal

Adoption is not a sin...I'd say far from it.

I suppose this could be a debate for the A&T forum but when God told Adam and Eve to be fruitful and multiply, was that a command that demanded compliance or was it a blessing?

Not sure the answer to that but I'm sure most would agree, he did mange to make the necessary adjustments to have us want to or to make sure it happens regardless of what we thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well. I didnt listen till the end.
Being Gentiles the teaching didnt make sense to me.

the only point (heaven knows if such point are valid) they made was one of giving reasons why a parent(s) could decide to give away/sell their baby.

There are verse. I cant remember any of those

Adopting babies. Is that a sin against God and man?

No, of course not.

How could it be? It's essentially Biblical principles in action: caring for the needs of someone else, providing love and stability to someone who would otherwise have none.
There are millions of orphaned and homeless children.

This.

Although, I will say that I personally don't believe that just anyone is cut out for adopting. It really takes a certain type of person who can adopt a child who is not biologically their own and yet love and accept them as their very own despite the fact. Thankfully there are many people who are capable of this, but again...not everyone. So it's extremely important to know for sure if you're truly cut out for adopting a child.

Well. I didnt listen till the end.
Being Gentiles the teaching didnt make sense to me.

the only point (heaven knows if such point are valid) they made was one of giving reasons why a parent(s) could decide to give away/sell their baby.

There are verse. I cant remember any of those
we are under Grace not law .you can find any thing pro against any thing on the net from any type christian forum/minister

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back