Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Bible Study Is Hell Eternal, Anhialation or temporary??

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Do you believe in God's omniscience? Does he not know which way each person will go? Does he not foreknow their rejection or acceptance of the truth?

This is perhaps the most referenced argument in regards to hell, and it doesn't fit with Scripture.

"But I will warn you whom to fear: fear the One who, after He has killed, has authority to cast into hell; yes, I tell you, fear Him! Luke 12:5 (ESV)

God is the one who has authority to cast one into hell, not the individual himself. God sends people to hell to exact his just punishment.

Do you believe in God's omniscience? Yes
Does he not know which way each person will go? He knows
Does he not foreknow their rejection or acceptance of the truth? He does
And he has given us the ability to choose where we want to be after the first death.

Heb 4
12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Micah 6
8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

Last edited:
I agree with this passage, those who do not believe the Son will not see life. They will be dead.

The second death, is in fact being cast into the lake of fire.

14 Then Death and Hades were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire. Revelation 20:14-15

Those in the lake of fire will continue without end.

10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever. Revelation 20:10

Being tormented in the lake of fire is in fact the second death.

JLB

It's rather interesting that in all the writings of the Apostles, they never speak of "hell," or torment of any kind.

Scripture says differently, DI

Acts 2: 27 (Luke} 27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption
Acts 2:31 (Luke)31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption
James 3:6 (Half brother of Jesus) 6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell
Revelation of John 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
Revelation of John 6:8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth
Revelation of John 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works:
Revelation of John20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death​

It would be necessary to pay the penalty for sin, which is death, and to be raised to life to bring about the New Creation. There are many reasons for why Jesus came to die on the Cross for our sins, never does he state, that he came to die to save people from eternal torment.

Matthew 20:28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many
Mark 10:45 45 For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many
To Whom Was the Ransom Paid?:

The question "Who receives the ransom?" is not directly raised in Scripture, but it is one that not unnaturally occurs to the mind, and theologians have answered it in varying ways.

(1) Not to Satan.

The idea entertained by some of the Fathers (Irenaeus, Origen) that the ransom was given to Satan, who is conceived of as having through the sin of man a righteous claim upon him, which Christ recognizes and meets, is grotesque, and not in any way countenanced by Scripture.

(2) To Divine Justice.

But in repudiating it, there is no need to go so far as to deny that there is anything answering to a real ransoming transaction. All that we have said goes to show that, in no mere figure of speech, but in tremendous reality, Christ gave "his life a ransom," and if our mind demands an answer to the question to whom the ransom was paid, it does not seem at all unreasonable to think of the justice of God, or God in His character of Moral Governor, as requiring and receiving it. In all that Scripture asserts about propitiation, sacrifice, reconciliation in relation to the work of Christ, it is implied that there is wrath to be averted, someone to be appeased or satisfied, and while it may be enough simply to think of the effects of Christ's redeeming work in setting us free from the penal claims of the Law--the just doom of sin--it does not seem going beyond the spirit of Scripture to draw the logical inference that the ransom price was paid to the Guardian of that holy law, the Administrator of eternal justice. From ISBE

The Cross and Hell are never directly connected in Scripture, I wonder why that is.
The former is the reason for the redemption of the saints, and the latter is for the "ain'ts" who reject the ransom paid by the blood of Jesus

I don't know how a being as Holy as God is could permit the existence of evil for eternity, especially with that evil and suffering will be far more plentiful in that scenario. I also don't see how Eternal Conscious Torment makes sense of God's justice, as it does not in any stretch seem to be a proper punishment. Tyrants use torment and torture as a perverted and barbaric form of "justice," when really it is simply to appease their insatiable taste for violence. Also, an infinite amount of time for given as punishment for every single person regardless of the crime betrays all logic, and can only be seen as right when one disregards reason and turns to "mystery."

All this is opinion, and not based upon solid exegesis of the Bible; otherwise you would have included it. Of course it is permissible to have an opinion, however; unless we base our opinion on what the Bible clearly shows we are on weak ground.

One opinion I have is when you link the laws and consequences of disobedience that a just, righteous and holy God of the Bible set forth, with capricious dictators such as in N Korea (inferred) I believe that's questionable. (Edited)

Perish means to die, to be destroyed, it does not mean to eternally torment in hell.

Again, your opinion. What are you trying to say here, DI?

The reason I mentioned "opinion" here so much is to have you recall that "opinion" is not the same as a Bible study, which is in the title of this particular part of the forum.

Also, I wanted to demonstrate through posting of Bible verses that your generalized statements were in fact contrary to what Scripture stated.

Please notice that in none of my reply did I attack you. I did not call you "ugly" nor did I say "your mother dresses you funny". This was simply an insertion of facts to counter opinions not supported by the Bible.

Last edited by a moderator:
For his anger is but for a moment, and his favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning. Psalm 30:5 (ESV)

It is not eliminated, but it is spent in the destruction of evil and then what remains is God's joy and goodness for all eternity.

There's a huge difference between anger and wrath a huge difference..

Anger..

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/anger

Wrath..

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/wrath

tob

power mongering religious authorities...
Even if one were to totally ignore all the "power mongering religious authorities" we still have to contend with the very words of Christ as recorded in the Gospels. The entire NT is accepted as Divinely inspired by almost all Christians, so we should simply focus on what Christ said about Hell. He said a lot, and He described it as a place of everlasting fire and eternal torment, made for the Devil and his angels, as well as all those listed in Rev 21:8 and 22:15.

Most christians make God in Christ out to be the ultimate double dealing hypocrite.
If the subject under consideration were not of the utmost seriousness, this statement would be laughable. Please study ALL the attributes of God and Christ. We should never think about the horror of Hell without thinking about the absolute holiness of God.

They'll feign love out of one side of their mouths and condemn you in the next breath.
Regardless of how the "hypocrites" view you, all human beings are sinners, and therefore all face certain death -- physical and eternal. Therefore those "hypocrites" publish and preach the Good News -- the Gospel of our salvation.

This particular doctrine delivers the ultimate in hateful manipulation into every handler of the Word.
Unless you can actually prove this from Scripture, it is merely an opinion.

The dark powers of the heart DO fully deserve to land in the Lake of Fire. And on that basis I too believe in eternal torment.
Well there you go. And Scripture says "For the wages of sin is death (including eternal Hell), BUT THE GIFT OF GOD IS ETERNAL LIFE THROUGH JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD" (Rom 6:23).

So, yeah, it is a rather complex matter isn't it?
Not really. On the one hand you have the human race condemned to two deaths. On the other hand you have God's offer of eternal life through our Lord Jesus Christ. Even a child of eight could understand this.

It's Eternal.

"And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt." (Daniel 12:2)

The "perish" used in John 3:16, I would guess, is the second death.

"And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death." (Revelation 20:4)

I can't say for sure, but it seems like that for me.

The "eternal life" used (In John 3:16), I think means a happy eternity, and what Jesus defined is Eternal Life.

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." (John 17:3)

Last edited:
Since this is a Bible Study and not debate,

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Mat 10:28

We find in this teaching a reference to the soul and the body, we can Scriptually say, even though it is not mentioned, it also includes the spirit of man, and since this is about eternal damnation that person already has a dead to God spirit that will be cast into the Lake of Fire.

To understand what is going to happen to the soul we look at Col 1:17,

And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

That means He is holding everything together, from the positive and negative particles in an atom to the gigantic stars hurtling through space and that also includes our own souls, our souls are the seat of our emotions and when they let go we become insane, an completely insane person's soul is incapable of emotion, so when we read the soul will be destroyed that means the person will be completely insane and the soul as it was created in man will cease to function in the way it was created to function, hence it has been destroyed, not eliminated, ...as Scripture teaches the human soul is immortal.

To understand what the body is we look at 1 Cor 15:22,

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

With the exception of two men, because of Divine intervention, ALL of Adam's descendents have died, so then, because of the fact that Jesus is the Last Adam, ALL of his descendants will be made alive, the word made alive is not the word zoe that is used for eternal life, but zoopoieo which means something that is alive, however the two will spend Eternity in two different locations. At the Great White Throne Judgement all of the resurrected lost will be given bodies just like Jesus' but they won't be able to experience the greatness of it's creation because they will be cast into outer darkness, ...hence the function of there resurrected body will be destroyed,

...two things, since the body of Jesus is immortal so will be our resurrected bodies and so will be the resurrected bodies of the damned, second, our locomotion in Eternity will be the amount of faith we have built up, we all start out with faith the size of a mustard seed and we are told to build up our faith, where or how far we will be able to go depends on how much faith we have, kinda like gas in the tank of our cars determines how far we can drive, but there aren't any stations in Eternity to stop for a refill, ...that is why Jesus chided His disciples for not having faith, so, since the damned did not even receive faith the size of a mustard seed they are condemned to one place for all of eternity.

My two cents.

Recommendations and Guidelines for an effective Bible Study

Though not exhaustive, I thought it might help to better define the purpose of the Bible Study Forum, and by doing so, better assist one another with a clearer method to understanding God’s word.

Guidelines

1. Scripture is the basis of study. Stay close to the text.
2. Keep your post to a manageable length where others can respond to a section of scripture as opposed to an entire article.
3. We encourage your understanding of a text. If you wish to post snipits from a website, please make sure it accompanies your comments of the text. Excessive copy / paste from web sites are frowned upon.
4. If you disagree with an interpretation of scripture, think out your response according to the specific text and post accordingly.
5. No debating doctrines or denominational differences. (E.G. TULIP, OSAS, Purgatory, Papacy etc)

The following considerations are suggested to assist in our study of Holy Scripture. This method utilizes an instructional and comprehensive approach

1.Exegesis; Critical explanation or analysis, especially of a text. (I.E. What does the text mean?)
2.Hermeneutics; The theory and methodology of interpretation, especially of scriptural text. (I.E. How did you come to the conclusion of your Exegesis? Does it agree with the Bible as a whole?)
3.Redaction; to draw up or frame ( I.E. a statement, proclamation, etc.)

*************************************************************************************

Thank you for your participation!

Please lets not make this another personal battle ground... Not necessarily directed at the last poster... This thread is going to be 'look at'

Acts 2: 27 (Luke} 27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption
Acts 2:31 (Luke)31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption
James 3:6 (Half brother of Jesus) 6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell
Revelation of John 1:18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
Revelation of John 6:8 And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth
Revelation of John 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works:
Revelation of John20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death​

The only one of these references that actually used the word Gehenna, was James, and he is using the word metaphorically regarding the damage our tongues can do. All these other texts are improperly translated to render the word Hades as hell, when these are distinct places.

Matthew 20:28 Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many
Mark 10:45 45 For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many
To Whom Was the Ransom Paid?:

The question "Who receives the ransom?" is not directly raised in Scripture, but it is one that not unnaturally occurs to the mind, and theologians have answered it in varying ways.

(1) Not to Satan.

The idea entertained by some of the Fathers (Irenaeus, Origen) that the ransom was given to Satan, who is conceived of as having through the sin of man a righteous claim upon him, which Christ recognizes and meets, is grotesque, and not in any way countenanced by Scripture.

(2) To Divine Justice.

But in repudiating it, there is no need to go so far as to deny that there is anything answering to a real ransoming transaction. All that we have said goes to show that, in no mere figure of speech, but in tremendous reality, Christ gave "his life a ransom," and if our mind demands an answer to the question to whom the ransom was paid, it does not seem at all unreasonable to think of the justice of God, or God in His character of Moral Governor, as requiring and receiving it. In all that Scripture asserts about propitiation, sacrifice, reconciliation in relation to the work of Christ, it is implied that there is wrath to be averted, someone to be appeased or satisfied, and while it may be enough simply to think of the effects of Christ's redeeming work in setting us free from the penal claims of the Law--the just doom of sin--it does not seem going beyond the spirit of Scripture to draw the logical inference that the ransom price was paid to the Guardian of that holy law, the Administrator of eternal justice. From ISBE
Nothing in the source you mentioned even alludes to the type of justice, and even still, Jesus wasn't eternally tormented he paid the wages of sin which was death.

All this is opinion, and not based upon solid exegesis of the Bible;
Your opinion about my opinion is noted.

However, thus far you have provided bad translations and texts that don't really illustrate your case.

otherwise you would have included it.
That's a fallacy. If one doesn't take a long time to include all their Scripture references then whatever they have to say is unScriptural? Odd...

Of course it is permissible to have an opinion, however; unless we base our opinion on what the Bible clearly shows we are on weak ground.
I base my opinions off of Scripture and reason, which God gave me. Indeed we need our reason to properly study the Scriptures, so to me it is a useful sufficient tool for gaining knowledge.

One opinion I have is when you link the laws and consequences of disobedience that a just, righteous and holy God of the Bible set forth, with capricious dictators such as in N Korea (inferred) I believe that's questionable.
I also have a problem with that, which is why I disagree with the Eternal Conscious Torment view, in that it paints God as using similar forms of punishment to capricious dictators. I think it's an afront to the goodness of God, to say that he uses torment and torture as a penalty and punishment.

Again, your opinion. What are you trying to say here, DI?

The reason I mentioned "opinion" here so much is to have you recall that "opinion" is not the same as a Bible study, which is in the title of this particular part of the forum.
It's weird, but you also came here and shared your own opinion quite a bit.

Also, I cited other passages that use the same word translated perish, to show that when used in that particular context it doesn't just mean "ruin" but it means a violent destruction. Hence every translator gets it right when they translate the term "destroy."

Also, I wanted to demonstrate through posting of Bible verses that your generalized statements were in fact contrary to what Scripture stated.
Not really.

Please notice that in none of my reply did I attack you. I did not call you "ugly" nor did I say "your mother dresses you funny". This was simply an insertion of facts to counter opinions not supported by the Bible.
I'll not mention the part where you broke section 2.4 of the ToS, but this is a rather odd statement on the whole.​

Since this is a Bible Study and not debate,

And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. Mat 10:28

We find in this teaching a reference to the soul and the body, we can Scriptually say, even though it is not mentioned, it also includes the spirit of man, and since this is about eternal damnation that person already has a dead to God spirit that will be cast into the Lake of Fire.
I'm trying to understand what you said here, but am having a hard time. Can you perhaps elaborate?

To understand what is going to happen to the soul we look at Col 1:17,

And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

That means He is holding everything together, from the positive and negative particles in an atom to the gigantic stars hurtling through space and that also includes our own souls, our souls are the seat of our emotions and when they let go we become insane, an completely insane person's soul is incapable of emotion, so when we read the soul will be destroyed that means the person will be completely insane and the soul as it was created in man will cease to function in the way it was created to function, hence it has been destroyed, not eliminated, ...as Scripture teaches the human soul is immortal.
I don't see in Scripture where it says the human soul is immortal, in fact it says only God has immortality. I also don't see the connection of destruction leading to insanity. Where is this drawn from?

To understand what the body is we look at 1 Cor 15:22,

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

With the exception of two men, because of Divine intervention, ALL of Adam's descendents have died, so then, because of the fact that Jesus is the Last Adam, ALL of his descendants will be made alive, the word made alive is not the word zoe that is used for eternal life, but zoopoieo which means something that is alive, however the two will spend Eternity in two different locations. At the Great White Throne Judgement all of the resurrected lost will be given bodies just like Jesus' but they won't be able to experience the greatness of it's creation because they will be cast into outer darkness, ...hence the function of there resurrected body will be destroyed,
If you're claiming that the wicked are given glorified bodies as described in 1 Corinthians 15 then I couldn't disagree with you more. They are resurrected, but they aren't made to be like Christ's glorified body. No where is that stated.

They are resurrected and then suffer the second death. They die once on this earth, and then the second time at the final judgment.

...two things, since the body of Jesus is immortal so will be our resurrected bodies and so will be the resurrected bodies of the damned, second, our locomotion in Eternity will be the amount of faith we have built up, we all start out with faith the size of a mustard seed and we are told to build up our faith, where or how far we will be able to go depends on how much faith we have, kinda like gas in the tank of our cars determines how far we can drive, but there aren't any stations in Eternity to stop for a refill, ...that is why Jesus chided His disciples for not having faith, so, since the damned did not even receive faith the size of a mustard seed they are condemned to one place for all of eternity.

My two cents.
No where in Scripture does it say that God shares his gift of immortality (remember he is the only one who possesses this) with the wicked, and that they are raised with glorified bodies.

There's a huge difference between anger and wrath a huge difference..

Anger..

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/anger

Wrath..

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/wrath

tob
Actually not really.

This particular Hebrew word can be rendered as either, as it is within the Psalms.

You will make them as a blazing oven
when you appear.
The LORD will swallow them up in his wrath,
and fire will consume them. Psalm 21:9 (ESV)

The same Hebrew word בְּאַפּ֣וֹ is found in both texts.

Doulos Iesou said -

If you're claiming that the wicked are given glorified bodies as described in 1 Corinthians 15 then I couldn't disagree with you more. They are resurrected, but they aren't made to be like Christ's glorified body. No where is that stated.

No where in scripture does it claim that a being must have been granted an immortal body in order for God to cast them into the lake of fire.

Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life. Matthew 25:41,46

These that Jesus sentenced to everlasting punishment in the everlasting fire just as the devil and his angels, were do so at His Word.

Thats is all that was necessary for these to be tormented day and night, forever and ever; Jesus said depart from Me into everlasting fire for the everlasting punishment of the devil.

At this point, these folks had everything they need to remain in the fires of hell forever: Jesus said so!

End of discussion.

If you think that Jesus' words will not come to pass concerning these people, then maybe you should examine your "believer". [The part of you that believes or does not believe]

I believe what He said.

It's frightening! I don't necessarily like it!

But I have no doubt, that if Jesus said to these people depart from Me into the everlasting fire for everlasting punishment, then that is where they will go.

JLB

No where in scripture does it claim that a being must have been granted an immortal body in order for God to cast them into the lake of fire.
I agree with this.

Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life. Matthew 25:41,46

These that Jesus sentenced to everlasting punishment in the everlasting fire just as the devil and his angels, were do so at His Word.

Thats is all that was necessary for these to be tormented day and night, forever and ever; Jesus said depart from Me into everlasting fire for the everlasting punishment of the devil.

At this point, these folks had everything they need to remain in the fires of hell forever: Jesus said so!

End of discussion.
I've expressed my disagreement with your interpretations of these passages probably hundreds of times on this forum.

But if that is the end of discussion then I guess that's the end.

I agree with this.

I've expressed my disagreement with your interpretations of these passages probably hundreds of times on this forum.

But if that is the end of discussion then I guess that's the end.

That's the right mindset.

Just simply believe what Jesus said.

Everlasting punishment in everlasting fire leaves zero room for debate.

Just imagine yourself standing before Jesus Christ on the Day of Judgement, "explaining" to Him how you disagree with His interpretation of, "depart from me into everlasting fire, for the purpose of everlasting punishment just as the devil and his angels".

Just imagine His reply when you say, "well the Greek word for everlasting means"...

JLB

That's the right mindset.

Just simply believe what Jesus said.

Everlasting punishment in everlasting fire leaves zero room for debate.

Just imagine yourself standing before Jesus Christ on the Day of Judgement, "explaining" to Him how you disagree with His interpretation of, "depart from me into everlasting fire, for the purpose of everlasting punishment just as the devil and his angels".

Just imagine His reply when you say, "well the Greek word for everlasting means"...

JLB
I said I disagreed with YOUR interpretation of the passage.

Are you Jesus?

Nor is my argument with the word aionios, I am not a universalist.

Even if one were to totally ignore all the "power mongering religious authorities" we still have to contend with the very words of Christ as recorded in the Gospels. The entire NT is accepted as Divinely inspired by almost all Christians, so we should simply focus on what Christ said about Hell. He said a lot, and He described it as a place of everlasting fire and eternal torment, made for the Devil and his angels, as well as all those listed in Rev 21:8 and 22:15.

I don't think there is any ambiguity about that whatsoever. However when we read scriptures for example, that all liars will be in the LoF, that pretty much places everyone in said LoF as well. The stuggle from there evokes a natural tendency to save our own hides by various theological constructs and beliefs. This then turned out to be the fulcrum of division amongst the various sects as everyone has their own particular personal avoidance theological constructs, often down to the man.
Well there you go. And Scripture says "For the wages of sin is death (including eternal Hell), BUT THE GIFT OF GOD IS ETERNAL LIFE THROUGH JESUS CHRIST OUR LORD" (Rom 6:23).

Observed prior that the messenger of Satan that was put upon Paul (2 Cor. 12:7) will never receive salvation, but will instead wind up in the LoF. And therein LIES the difficulty of study. No one looking at just Paul in the flesh would have perceived that other party would they? So blanket statements do not apply to the entirety of Paul or of anyone else.

There is an overlap in this present age with mankind and the Tempter (and his minions.) See my prior post regarding the details in scriptures of this matter. Once acknowledged it becomes impossible to see 'just people' when it comes to this subject matter. There are more interesting things to observe. In this reality the Pope is just as much the sinner as the everyday commoner. No one is exempt from the intrusion of temptation by the tempter within their mind and heart.

From there it's only a matter of 'unto WHOM' one might be directed to deploy the damnation and wrath texts. For me the answer is most obvious.

Those scriptures are applied to what I myself am subject to internally.

I said I disagreed with YOUR interpretation of the passage.

Are you Jesus?

Nor is my argument with the word aionios, I am not a universalist.

• These that Jesus sentenced to everlasting punishment in the everlasting fire just as the devil and his angels, were do so at His Word.

Well, lets specifically define what you disagree with in the above mentioned statement.

JLB

• These that Jesus sentenced to everlasting punishment in the everlasting fire just as the devil and his angels, were do so at His Word.

Well, lets specifically define what you disagree with in the above mentioned statement.

JLB
I disagree with your assumptions about what the eternal punishment and eternal fire pertain to.

I disagree with your assumptions about what the eternal punishment and eternal fire pertain to.

That is an extremely broad statement.

Please define for me specifically, what you disagree with in the following sentence.

• These that Jesus sentenced to everlasting punishment in the everlasting fire, just as the devil and his angels, were done so at His Word.

Was Jesus speaking to people in His statement? Yes or No?

Do you believe the devil and his angels will be punished temporarily, then burned up, or will they be tormented forever day and night?

Please help me to know what it is specifically that you disagree with, in this one line sentence.

• These that Jesus sentenced to everlasting punishment in the everlasting fire, just as the devil and his angels, were done so at His Word.

JLB

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back