Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is it important to keep the Sabbath?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
You'll have to forgive all my typos. I had a stroke a couple of years ago and it left me with a partially paralyzed left hand. No being able to edit my posts means I might not post much here.
Only the forums in the Autonomous Zones and Current Events and Politics don't allow for editing. The purpose is to get people to think before they speak, as these are not moderated unless there is an Overseer. You can edit your posts, for up to 30 min after posting, in any other forum.

Only the forums in the Autonomous Zones and Current Events and Politics don't allow for editing. The purpose is to get people to think before they speak, as these are not moderated unless there is an Overseer. You can edit your posts, for up to 30 min after posting, in any other forum.
Thank you. I have a special need for it as you probably know as you obviously read my post. Is it possible to give me permission. I know a lot of forum software has a lot of granularity in permissions.

You'll have to forgive all my typos. I had a stroke a couple of years ago and it left me with a partially paralyzed left hand. No being able to edit my posts means I might not post much here.
Do as I do . Proof 🔍 your post before you hit the post button and the no edit just applies in these limited parts of the forum . There are reasons for the no edit .

Welcome to the forum Gary K :wave2.

Do as I do . Proof 🔍 your post before you hit the post button and the no edit just applies in these limited parts of the forum . There are reasons for the no edit .

Welcome to the forum Gary K :wave2.
I understand that. But look at a couple of my posts in another thread in this forum.

I've been on line posting in forums for 20 years and I've never before seen a forum, or even part of a forum, that didn't allow editing, period.

If I left one of my posts unedited you would barely be able to read it. I'll sometimes make 15-20 typos per line. You just don't understand how bad it is. I've probably corrected 15 typos in this short post.

If I left one of my posts unedited you would barely be able to read it. I'll sometimes make 15-20 typos per line. You just don't understand how bad it is. I've probably corrected 15 typos in this short post.
Don't sweat it , your post are easy to read and understand . If you keep reading on this forum you will see posts you can not make heads or tails out of :lol , trust me .

Don't sweat it , your post are easy to read and understand . If you keep reading on this forum you will see posts you can not make heads or tails out of :lol , trust me .
OK. I took a creative writing class in a community college in 2001. The woman teaching the class and I were about the same age so we sort of bonded. None of the rest of the class had even taken bone head English so I offered to help her teach grammar in class. These people had all graduated from high school and it was extremely hard to make sense out of what they wrote. There grammar was atrocious. None of them understood tenses or plurality. Nothing. So the two of us taught them a little bit of grammar that quarter.

Thank you. I have a special need for it as you probably know as you obviously read my post. Is it possible to give me permission. I know a lot of forum software has a lot of granularity in permissions.
Unfortunately, I cannot set permissions for specific forums on a user-by-user basis. Can you write out your responses in a word processor and then copy and paste here?

Unfortunately, I cannot set permissions for specific forums on a user-by-user basis. Can you write out your responses in a word processor and then copy and paste here?
I'm not sure what you mean by my responses. If you could enlighten me I'd appreciate it.

OK. I took a creative writing class in a community college in 2001. The woman teaching the class and I were about the same age so we sort of bonded. None of the rest of the class had even taken bone head English so I offered to help her teach grammar in class. These people had all graduated from high school and it was extremely hard to make sense out of what they wrote. There grammar was atrocious. None of them understood tenses or plurality. Nothing. So the two of us taught them a little bit of grammar that quarter.
That is so great :clap that you helped the others to learn to communicate better :yes . You are the kind of pupil all teachers want in their class rooms .

You have asked so me very legalistic questions.

U keep the sabbath not because I think doing so will save me, but because I love God for everything He has done for me. He has saved my life multiple times.
Keeping the Sabbath as in the law is an absence of work with even meals prepared the day before. Travel restrictions were noted as in a Sabbaths day walk. If you wish to set such a day as for the Lord that's between you and Him. I have believed in and loved the Lord as far back as my memory goes but have never been kosher nor kept a Sabbath day as is in the law. Neither was encouraged to do so in the gospel message in regard to the gentiles. I have no desire to add those burdens. I enjoy my freedom in Christ. I asked those questions to show one's righteousness is received by faith in Jesus not in keeping the Sabbath. There are those who keep the Sabbath who are not in Christ. How is that showing Love for God if they reject His One and only Son? This is what Jesus stated, "If you love me you will obey me". And Paul showed love does no harm to ones neighbor. Therefore love fulfills all the law.
He has rescued me from drug addiction.

Here is a story I wrote for a creative writing class I took in 2001 after becoming disabled.

It Came Upon A Midnight Clear
.​
The moon rose on the snow covered landscape flooding my world with
bright moonlight. I finished my reading for the evening, turned the Iight off, and
leaned back against the couch thinking while I watched the scattered clouds drift
by under the full moon. The clouds made moving patches of darkness across an
otherwise brilliantly white landscape, as they slid under the moon.
My mind wandered back to a few weeks before when I had been baptized
and committed my life to Christ. I relived again that wonderfu! feeling I
experienced as I came up out of the watery grave of baptism into a new life. I
had never before known the peace and happiness in my life that I had
experienced since I had met Jesus and committed my life to Him. My days and
nights were spent in prayer, praise, and study of the Word of God. The
depression I had known for years seemed to have vanished into thin air.
As I lay there counting my blessings, my heart overflowed with gratitude
towards my Creator. He had rescued me from the life of self-destruction that I
had led since t graduated from high school. Because of this I could relate to the
words of David very well, when he said, "He brought me up out of an horrible pit,
out of the miry clay, set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings." Psalm
4O:2. I felt Iike nothing that I could offer Him was good enough, for my life up till
then had been one great failure.
I came out of my reverie, thanked God once again for my new life, and
looked back out the window at the magnificent view that I felt God had provided
just for me that night.
Suddenly, t was not where I had been the moment before. I was no
longer looking out the picture window of my parent's living room at Montana's
Yaak River Valley.
I was now standing in a large room with no windows. The building was a
large one of log construction, and at one end of the room was a Iarge, river-rock
fireplace with mantel and hearth. A large fire burned in the fireplace and there
was someone standing in front of the fireplace, back towards me, looking into the
fire. A large, very long table capable of seating maybe a hundred people filled
most of the room. I stood at one end of the table, facing down its length, to the
person in front of fireplace at the opposite end. On either side of the table were
people facing away from me wearing !ong, black, hooded robes, and I slowly
became aware of the sounds of chanting coming from the hooded figures.
I stood wondering where I was, but for some reason feeling no fear, even
though I had never experienced anything like this before. I looked back down to
the other end of the long table, and the person standing there slowly turned
around and walked up to his end of the table without looking up at me. I couldn't
see his face because this person too was wearing a hood, and the light coming
from the fire behind him was only light source in the room. He Iooked up when
he got to the end of the table, threw the hood back and then ! could see his face
and eyes. He locked eyes with me, raised his arm, and pointing at me began to
beckon with his index finger.
"You're mine, you're mine, you're mine," he said, still beckoning me
towards him with his index finger. Slowly I began to float down the length of that
massive table. His eyes were locked on mine and I could not tear mine away.
He seemed to be willing me on down the table, causing me to come ever closer
to him.
I had come to within a couple of inches of his face and felt I was about to
be sucked right into him, when the realization struck me who this was. This was
a one-way trip from which I was never to return. The devil had come to try take
over my mind.
Suddenly the spellwas broken as I realized all this and my hearts cry
burst out of my lips. "No!" was all I could scream, but it was enough.
lwas once again lying on the couch in my parent's home in Yaak,
Montana. The goose bumps stood out all over me and my heart was beating like
a jackhammer on steroids. The hair on my arms and the back of my neck stood
on end. I knew fear as I had never known it before, and have never known it like
that since
I rolled over on the couch and began to pray, but as I did a scene from my
past came before me with lifelike clarity. I remembered telling the devil I was his.
A long forgotten deed had come back to haunt me.
I had been willing to squander my soul for a momentary pleasure, and
thus had come to the point of telling the devil I was his. I had made a bargain
with the devil and now he had come to claim what was rightfully his.
With desperation I began to pray again. I told the Lord that I knew I had
done this. I told Him I had gotten into this through my own stupidity, and I
confessed just how wrong I had been and told God that I was in over my head. I
told Him I had no chance to win fighting with the devil, and with that I began to
claim the promises I had learned in the Bible. I claimed the promise of 2nd
Corinthians 12:9, "My grace is sufficient for thee, my strength is made perfect in
weakness." I claimed Psalm 91:11, "For He shall give his angels charge over
thee, to keep thee in all thy ways." I claimed the promise that ma,il. extremity is
God's opportunity and every other promise that I could think of. I prayed as
Jacob must have prayed at the Brook Jabbok the night he thought he was
wrestling for his life with his brother Esau.
As I prayed and claimed the promises of God I could feel the struggle in
the room. There was an actual physical struggle in that room that night for I
could feelwingtips brush against my back as I Iay face down and prayed for help.
I would feelwarm ones and cold ones, sometimes lightly brushing against me
and sometimes forcefully hitting me. I don't know how long I prayed. lt might
have been hours, or it might have been only a few minutes. Ijust do not know.
All I know is I have never been so afraid.
Finally the struggle was over, and a warmth and peace filled that living
room that I have not the words to describe. I lay there and told God how thankful

Reactions: JLB
Keeping the Sabbath as in the law is an absence of work with even meals prepared the day before. Travel restrictions were noted as in a Sabbaths day walk. If you wish to set such a day as for the Lord that's between you and Him. I have believed in and loved the Lord as far back as my memory goes but have never been kosher nor kept a Sabbath day as is in the law. Neither was encouraged to do so in the gospel message in regard to the gentiles. I have no desire to add those burdens. I enjoy my freedom in Christ. I asked those questions to show one's righteousness is received by faith in Jesus not in keeping the Sabbath. There are those who keep the Sabbath who are not in Christ. How is that showing Love for God if they reject His One and only Son? This is what Jesus stated, "If you love me you will obey me". And Paul showed love does no harm to ones neighbor. Therefore love fulfills all the law.
Thank you. However I don't deserve any of the praise. It all belongs to God as he's the one who changed my life. In my younger years I was a bully.

Here's a song that has become my favorite hymn. It has everything to do with our how successful our relationship with God is in modifying our lives

I see you've never read the Talmud.

Jesus condemned the Pharisees for their traditions and those thousands of traditions are found in the Talmud.

Here's what Paul said about their traditions.

Galatians 1: 13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews’ religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:
14 And profited in the Jews’ religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.
Here is one of them.

Luke 6: 1 AND it came to pass on the second sabbath after the first, that he went through the corn fields; and his disciples plucked the ears of corn, and did eat, rubbing them in their hands.
2 And certain of the Pharisees said unto them, Why do ye that which is not lawful to do on the sabbath days?

Mark 7: 1 THEN came together unto him the Pharisees, and certain of the scribes, which came from Jerusalem.
2 And when they saw some of his disciples eat bread with defiled, that is to say, with unwashen, hands, they found fault.
3 For the Pharisees, and all the Jews, except they wash their hands oft, eat not, holding the tradition of the elders.
4 And when they come from the market, except they wash, they eat not. And many other things there be, which they have received to hold, as the washing of cups, and pots, brasen vessels, and of tables.
5 Then the Pharisees and scribes asked him, Why walk not thy disciples according to the tradition of the elders, but eat bread with unwashen hands?

The Pharisees literally had hundreds of laws concerning washing their hands and eating utensils. The Talmud has thousands of laws that cover every aspect of human behavior.

It's why Jesus said this in the sermon on the mount.

Matthew 5: 20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Here's another comment by Jesus about the Pharisees.

Matthew 23: 1 THEN spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,
2 Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat:
3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.
4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men’s shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.
5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,
6 And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,
7 And greetings in the markets, and to be called of men, Rabbi, Rabbi.
8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

In other words they were egomaniacs.

If you like I can give you quotes from the Talmud and from a Jew who became a Christian in the later 1800s.

Jesus condemned the Pharisees for their traditions and those thousands of traditions are found in the Talmud.

Galatians 1: 13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews’ religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:
14 And profited in the Jews’ religion above many my equals in mine own nation, being more exceedingly zealous of the traditions of my fathers.
Here is one of them.

Luke 6: 1 AND it came to pass on the second sabbath after the first, that he went through the corn fields; and his disciples plucked the ears of corn, and did eat, rubbing them in their hands.
2 And certain of the Pharisees said unto them, Why do ye that which is not lawful to do on the sabbath days?

Mark 7: 1 THEN came together unto him the Pharisees, and certain of the scribes, which came from Jerusalem.
2 And when they saw some of his disciples eat bread with defiled, that is to say, with unwashen, hands, they found fault.
3 For the Pharisees, and all the Jews, except they wash their hands oft, eat not, holding the tradition of the elders.
4 And when they come from the market, except they wash, they eat not. And many other things there be, which they have received to hold, as the washing of cups, and pots, brasen vessels, and of tables.
5 Then the Pharisees and scribes asked him, Why walk not thy disciples according to the tradition of the elders, but eat bread with unwashen hands?

The Pharisees literally had hundreds of laws concerning washing their hands and eating utensils. The Talmud has thousands of laws that cover every aspect of human behavior.

Matthew 5: 20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not.
4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men’s shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.
5 But all their works they do for to be seen of men: they make broad their phylacteries, and enlarge the borders of their garments,
6 And love the uppermost rooms at feasts, and the chief seats in the synagogues,
8 But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren.

If you like I can give you quotes from the Talmud and from a Jew who became a Christian in the later 1800s.
As shown already "Love" is the fulfillment of all the law.
Thanks, but I myself have no interest in the Talmud. I have the Spirit of Christ in me. I live as one believing in Him. I know Him. My fellowship is already with the Father and His Son which was and is testified to by the Spirit of truth. My interest lies in the truth from God not in the traditions of the blind.
We state to those who live by the Talmud be reconciled to God through faith in Christ and that deliverer did come out of Zion and He took away the sins of Jacob and that is the covenant God introduced to them when He took away the sins of those who received Christ and believed in His name.
Paul
We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.

Reactions: JLB

Here is one of them.

What does the Talmud say about Jesus?

As shown already "Love" is the fulfillment of all the law.
Thanks, but I myself have no interest in the Talmud. I have the Spirit of Christ in me. I live as one believing in Him. I know Him. My fellowship is already with the Father and His Son which was and is testified to by the Spirit of truth. My interest lies in the truth from God not in the traditions of the blind.
We state to those who live by the Talmud be reconciled to God through faith in Christ and that deliverer did come out of Zion and He took away the sins of Jacob and that is the covenant God introduced to them when He took away the sins of those who received Christ and believed in His name.
Paul
We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.
But you use the words of Paul to excuse yourself from keeping the 4th commandment when Paul talks about the "law" he is often speaking of the Talmudic law.

Romans 1: 17 Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God,
18 And knowest his will, and approvest the things that are more excellent, being instructed out of the law;
19 And art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness,
20 An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law.
21 Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal?
22 Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege?
23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?
24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.

The Pharisees were well known for this.

John 8: 1 JESUS went unto the mount of Olives.
2 And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.
3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

How do you think the woman was caught in adultery? She was set up by the Pharisees. I mean how convenient the Pharisees gather around Jesus to talk to Him and they just happen to have a woman caught in adultery with them. Another example is Simon the leper and Mary Magdalene.

This is just one reason Jesus called them hypocrites. Yet many use their teachings to justify breaking God's law.

They are the reason Jesus said:

John 8: 31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
33 ¶ They answered him, We be Abraham’s seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
37 I know that ye are Abraham’s seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.

This incident happened right after the incident of the woman caught in adultery. So it's extremely plain Jesus isn't setting anyone free from keeping the law, but is setting us free from the power of sin as sin is the transgression of the law.

But you use the words of Paul to excuse yourself from keeping the 4th commandment when Paul talks about the "law" he is often speaking of the Talmudic law.

Romans 1: 17 Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God,
18 And knowest his will, and approvest the things that are more excellent, being instructed out of the law;
19 And art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness,
20 An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law.
21 Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thyself? thou that preachest a man should not steal, dost thou steal?
22 Thou that sayest a man should not commit adultery, dost thou commit adultery? thou that abhorrest idols, dost thou commit sacrilege?
23 Thou that makest thy boast of the law, through breaking the law dishonourest thou God?
24 For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written.

The Pharisees were well known for this.

John 8: 1 JESUS went unto the mount of Olives.
2 And early in the morning he came again into the temple, and all the people came unto him; and he sat down, and taught them.
3 And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,
4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.
5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?
6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not.
7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.
9 And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.
10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?
11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

How do you think the woman was caught in adultery? She was set up by the Pharisees. I mean how convenient the Pharisees gather around Jesus to talk to Him and they just happen to have a woman caught in adultery with them. Another example is Simon the leper and Mary Magdalene.

This is just one reason Jesus called them hypocrites. Yet many use their teachings to justify breaking God's law.

They are the reason Jesus said:

John 8: 31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
33 ¶ They answered him, We be Abraham’s seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.
35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.
36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.
37 I know that ye are Abraham’s seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.

This incident happened right after the incident of the woman caught in adultery. So it's extremely plain Jesus isn't setting anyone free from keeping the law, but is setting us free from the power of sin as sin is the transgression of the law.
Sounds like you are sitting in judgment of me.

Colossians 2:16-23 New International Version (NIV)Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

romans 7:26
But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

Romans 3
Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law. 9 The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not covet,” and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” 10 Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

While keeping a day Holy is between you and the Lord neither should you judge others whose faith allows them not to keep that day for we all serve and answer to the same Lord.

Sounds like you are sitting in judgment of me.

Colossians 2:16-23 New International Version (NIV)Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ.

romans 7:26
But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

Romans 3
Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law. 9 The commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not covet,” and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.” 10 Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

While keeping a day Holy is between you and the Lord neither should you judge others whose faith allows them not to keep that day for we all serve and answer to the same Lord.
Not me. I've lived such a sinful life I can't judge anyone for the way they live theirs. It's scripture that judges you.

Hebrews 4: 12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
I've always had more friends outside the Adventist church than inside of it. I have been judged very severely by a lot of Adventists. They have cost me more than one job by their wagging tongues. I see glimmers of hope for us though. In 1888 the church rejected righteousness by faith which means it's God's work to clean us up. It's impossible to do it on our own as we are sinful at the level of our DNA. We inherited it from Adam and Eve.

It is personally knowing God that saves us.

John 17: 1 THESE words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:
2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.
3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Jesus also said:

Matthew 7: 21 ¶ Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back