Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is it just me or do others like visting cult representatives too?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
C

Chris

I love it when cult representatives visit. Its kinda fun and a good way to recall bible verses. I love hearing from people with the only right way. Always an amusing chat.

I got anew one today. The World Mission Society Church of God. Apparently Jesus has returned already and is running their church or something like that. Its all about God the mother. ITs good to get something besides Mormons and Jehovahs

Last edited by a moderator:
Never heard of them before, my wierdest one was getting a knock on the door from my former church (very cult-ish church), talk about an awkward moment :lol

My husband doesn't understand why I let them in and talk to them. I try to explain that it fascinates me to explore HOW these people come to believe what they believe. They believe the weirdest, most unbelievable stuff, and they are earnest and convinced and absolutely sure they are filled by Truth and that if I just follow the thought experiment that they followed, I will be sure to see exactly the same thing.

My secondary reason is that I get exasperated that they, in their earnest belief, walk around neighborhoods telling lies about *ME* and I would like to make sure they understand that they are bearing false witness. I do not "reject" they god out of "arrogance" as they go around telling people. I am not "angry" and filled with "sadness" and "lacking hope" as their literature falsely witnesses. I try to point out that if they are bearing false witness about me, whose work are they doing?! and that they should stick to talking about themselves and stop making up stories about me. So it's a public service to all atheists that I take the time to let these people know that their little flyer with the angry black-n-white atheists on the front is a false testimony, a false witness, (a lie) and that they are doing Satan's work if they continue to try to spread the story that atheists are sad, hopeless, arrogant or angry.

But mostly, I'm just fascinated that they find a way to be completely convinced of stuff that is obviously false and I am interested in how they describe their reasons for belief.

I love it when cult representatives visit. Its kinda fun and a good way to recall bible verses. I love hearing from people with the only right way. Always an amusing chat.

I got anew one today. The World Mission Society Church of God. Apparently Jesus has returned already and is running their church or something like that. Its all about God the mother. ITs good to get something besides Mormons and Jehovahs

Hi, this will most likely be moved to theology? But the question needs some defining as for what 'cult' is meaning because of dangers insinuated of Mormons & Jehovahs? Cults??

Rev.17
[1] And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the judgment of the great whore that sitteth upon many waters: (woman church)
[2] With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication.

(very false 'worldwide' doctrine)
[3] So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
(Church + Government full of Blasphemy! Matt. 12:31-32 Again, FULL IN PAST/TENSE & FUTURE/TENSE!)

[4] And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:

[5] And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

The word is not Cult, but a mother or harlot daughters that are by far the worse than that of a cult, because of the vast Broadway ones huge influence they have!

And surely these are charismatic & appear very nice on the outside. Even as these ones of Numbers 16 who were numbered 250 princes & were famous in the congregation, and which said .. 'ALL THE CONGREGATION ARE HOLY, EVERY ONE OF THEM,..'

This is what are ones great danger today, not 'cults' whatever that implies?
Christ told us of these ones in Matt. 7

[13] Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
(that is the few vrs. the worldwide most)

[14] Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
[15] Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
(and cults look like 'sheep??' hardly so!)

[20] Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

(First we see an immortal soul taught for truth! That the devil told the truth & that God Lied! And then we see sun taught against the Eternal Godhead's 7th Day Sabbath which They Sanctified, Set Aside + Blessed only this DAY for Holy use. They are false fruit seen for well past any 120 years of the Holy Spirits Striving's for Salvation. Gen. 6:3's Closed Ark Door! )

[21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

(DO?? Loving Work?? again these ones teach, just false faith needed, nothing more!

And it is not the cults alone who toss out the Fathers Eternal Commandments both verbally + working fruit/wise! Most even teach a faithless work of only believe for this useless 'fruit salvation! Anything to get rid of the Godheads Eternal 4th Commandment that satan hates the most, huh! Dan. 7:25 and these are not cults!!)

[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
[23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that [work iniquity.]

(and what is that?? see 1 John 3:4!)

[24] Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: [[Jesus The Christ]] 1 Cor. 10:4

--Elijah

Personally, I hate it when I have to talk to Jehovah's Witnesses. These are well-intentioned people searching for meaning in their lives. They need Jesus--the real Jesus. Instead, they end up getting indoctrinated into something that seems Christian enough on the surface, but is just another false religion.

I hate the visits. Its impossible to reach them and it reminds me how easy it is to believe the most bizarre things, even if you start out searching for the real God. I take it as a personal warning from God to watch myself, lest I fall for something less than the real God as revealed in the Bible.

(I should note that, these days, even mainline Christian churches--the Episcopalians, the Prebsyterians, etc., are offering up a softened God who is all about love but decidedly less Holy and Just than the real God. One doesn't have to be in a cult to be misled.)

It's not so much using the word cult as there are many variances of beliefs out there as one picks their choice by personal feelings and that leaves no room for real truth and understanding that only comes by the Holy Spirit teaching us all things, John 14:26. For myself I like to seek out the origins of anothers religion or belief when it comes against the word of God so I gain knowledge of how to witness against what they believe to be truth. Never put another person down for their beliefs, but always be ready in and out of season and witness the love of Christ as we need to be letting the light of Christ shine through us.

(I should note that, these days, even mainline Christian churches--the Episcopalians, the Prebsyterians, etc., are offering up a softened God who is all about love but decidedly less Holy and Just than the real God. One doesn't have to be in a cult to be misled.)

Tell me about it, like within my "Denomination" Anglicanism (Episcopalian) with all the stuff they're doing. In fact the Episcopalians seem to be further down the route of destruction than us Anglicans in mother England, where its like clashing of two opposing groups (really the way Christ wanted things conducted, I am sure............ *sarcasm*).

At least in my (Anglican) Church, they oppose gay marriage and ordination and twisting of the bible and state that we should follow the truth no matter how society views us, stand firm and the Vicar/Church leader of our church said he'd never accept changes against even if it meant him losing his position. But some of the Churches further South in England, I mean, they've slipped down a slippery slope.

Seems to be the Anglican Church in England seems mainly worried about;

How it fits into the "Modern, Secular, Multicultural society"

"Holding out an olive branch" to Muslims and showing how "tolerant" they are of Islam.

Gay and Lesbian Issues

softening its members into lukewarm Christians where Christianity is some social event to spend time rather than commitment to God.

Yet they stand silent over the destruction of Christianity world wide.

But I say, Praise be to God, who through Christ our Lord, freed us from Sin and saves us through grace, never give up or surrender, Hallelujah! Glory to God!

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back