Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is it okay to use the expression 'Xmas'?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Classik

I used to use the expression Xmas until someone called my attention to this! Wrong use of word, antichrist in nature. Not even a word.
Similar expressions are Xtian to m an Christian etc

I used to use such abbreviations for years, but I’ve gone off such. I think it’s a matter of personal taste, though it could offer needless offence. You might enjoy this: https://religiousaffections.org/art...-and-christmas-a-lost-chapter-from-herodotus/ To some extent, I think it’s fair to say that most non-Christians—and some Christians—use [X] as the Unknown, the Incidental. Putting ‘Christ’ back into Christmas, and Xianity, is no bad thing. If all were Christians, the abbreviation would be less problematic.

We marked all our boxes full of Christmas lights etc. Xmas it’s just short for Christmas not derogatory to Christ!

What does the mas in Christmas stand for?

Is it okay to use the expression 'Xmas'?​

Yes. It is okay.

I don't remember the reason why. I just know a pastor xplained it once many years ago to show it is not xcluding 'Christ' from 'Christmas'.

Gosh.
I disagree.
Christmas.
Christ's Mass
Mass means to go forth, to be sent.

Take Christ out and what's left?
Could you send out an X?

Gosh.
I disagree.
Christmas.
Christ's Mass
Mass means to go forth, to be sent.

Take Christ out and what's left?
Could you send out an X?
The latter chi ,hmm that wouldnt be in the Greek for Christmas.

No way could it .besides Xmas or Christmas,honestly looking outside of churches .nothing much with Christ .

Restaurants are open and we're open on Christmas eve.now some can't cook and that is their way .mom did this .I went with her .normally she eats with my brother .

The latter chi ,hmm that wouldnt be in the Greek for Christmas.

No way could it .besides Xmas or Christmas,honestly looking outside of churches .nothing much with Christ .

Restaurants are open and we're open on Christmas eve.now some can't cook and that is their way .mom did this .I went with her .normally she eats with my brother .
I think everything is open on Christmas Eve.
I just think it's nasty to take Christ out of Christmas...
and I can't think of any Latin or Greek reasoning with the lettering...
Unless someone wants to post something, which I've requested already.

I think everything is open on Christmas Eve.
I just think it's nasty to take Christ out of Christmas...
and I can't think of any Latin or Greek reasoning with the lettering...
Unless someone wants to post something, which I've requested already.
Greek the letter is chi.

The Latin will be x.

I use xmitter,xformer,xmission.

When you have limited note for locating that is what is used.

Read it.
People don't know about this.
It's the first letter of Christ...not enough

It's still takes Christ out of Christmas.
Who's going to take the language lesson?
Which I don't even agree with...
So the chi rho used by the rcc and used by mine is wrong .we hang that on our Christmas tree.america is very post Christianity . One nation under God really deserves a thread .because each person these days see God not very biblically

Christ is defined by these

The mormon ,the brother of Satan ,the son of god

The jw an archangel

The unity types ,a spirit ,a gnostic tradition.

So simply saying Christmas as all but the jw celebrate it doesn't do much.

My wife sees Christ very differently then me and believes In aliens .I told her trump may be a grufter but just because you or the media as some say he isn't the ac.if anything the way the Democrats redefine gender and support and promote the lbgt that is what the Bible says the ac will do

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back