Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

is it true, that if you give alot of money to the church, you in turn will receive much money?

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
sow sparingly..?? reap sparingly?

sorry, i believe this is totally different than the
TITLE:
is it true, that if you give alot of money to the church, you in turn will receive much money?

King David asked and cried out to God, "WHY do the wicked prosper !? " ....... so don't think getting is the way..... Jesus said plainly in many places it is not-
that rather "self-sacrifice" is His Way, and HE will show us how if we abide in Him.

Matthew 6:19-21

Amplified Bible (AMP)

19 Do not [a]gather and heap up and store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust and worm consume and destroy, and where thieves break through and steal.

20 But gather and heap up and store for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust nor worm consume and destroy, and where thieves do not break through and steal;

21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Eternal One: 4 Do you think the time is right for you to live in secure and lavishly covered homes when My house still lies in a heap of rubble? 5 Think very carefully about your choices. 6 You have planted a large crop, but your harvest is small. You have food to eat, but it is never enough to satisfy. You have something to drink, but you are never filled. You have clothes to wear, but they are not enough to keep you warm. You earn a salary, but the money runs out quickly, as if there are holes in your pocket.

7 Think very carefully about your choices. 8 Go up to the mountains, and bring down trees to make lumber and build My house. Do this so I may take pleasure in it and be honored by it.

9 You expected to be well rewarded for all your hard work. But as you see, you are getting back almost nothing. As you have brought in profits, I’ve blown them away. Why? I, the Eternal, Commander of heavenly armies, will tell you why: My house has remained in ruins while each of you has been chasing after your own concerns. 10 This is why heaven above you has held back the dew[a] and the earth has refused to produce crops. 11 I caused a drought in both the fields and the hills. All the crops you tried to produce have been affected, including your grain, your new wine, and your oil. All have been damaged: humanity, cattle, and everything you tried to produce yourself. Haggai 1:4-11 VOICE

sow sparingly..?? reap sparingly?

2 Corinthians 9
6 But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully.
7 So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver.

Now that doesn't mean if you give the church a sack full of money that you're gonna get multiple sacks of money in return. Giving to receive is counterproductive. As is giving when you really don't want to or just because you think you have to.

No.

We are called to give our time,treasure and talent.

Benny Hinn says that.It is false teaching just like he is a false teacher.

a lot of tv and internet and pulpit people do the same thing, it is wrong for all of them, (might want to edit out the personal name, use initials or spell it different or something, to avoid ramifications here and down the road)

but the widow who put in her life's savings, everything she had,
was praised by Jesus for her faith and is still spoken of around the world since then.

go figure, God has sure different ways for His people.

a lot of tv and internet and pulpit people do the same thing, it is wrong for all of them, (might want to edit out the personal name, use initials or spell it different or something, to avoid ramifications here and down the road)

but the widow who put in her life's savings, everything she had,
was praised by Jesus for her faith and is still spoken of around the world since then.

go figure, God has sure different ways for His people.
We can't understand God's ways.Because......ummmm He is God :biggrin2

A lot of ministries say that when they ask for money, but think about it logically for a moment. If that actually works, and if the people saying it actually believe it, why don't they just give money to another church or ministry and receive many times as much back, like they say you will? They don't even believe it themselves. It's a scam to get your money.

The TOG​

I have not attended a Church for a long time.When I did not only were they asking for a tithe but they were always asking for money for this or for that.They seemed put out when you could not give to all those extras.

I don't think it is the amount of what we give that matters, but rather the heart giving it. Give to store up treasures in heaven. (Matthew 6:20) And make God's kingdom your first priority and you will be supplied with all you need. (Matthew 6:26-34)

I really hate those prosperity messages that say blab it and grab it. If they were true we would all be rich and I know I'm not rich in the monetary, but am in that of the Spiritual blessings of God. When ones gives from the heart this is what God honors in a person.

Php 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.( this does not say God will hand you fist full of dollars on a silver platter. It means God will supply our needs and not our wants. If one wants to be rich monetarily then they have to work for that goal, unless they receive a wealthy inheritance.

I really hate those prosperity messages that say blab it and grab it. If they were true we would all be rich and I know I'm not rich in the monetary, but am in that of the Spiritual blessings of God. When ones gives from the heart this is what God honors in a person.

Yeah,prosperity gospel is such a misguided doctrine. Why do they think money even matters for the riches of our lifes? That's contrary to the things Jesus taught.

Yeah,prosperity gospel is such a misguided doctrine. Why do they think money even matters for the riches of our lifes? That's contrary to the things Jesus taught.

I think it's to justify their own greed so they present a false gospel causing devastation to those who lack knowledge and even cause some to fall away from God for they feel like they are not good enough since they are not getting rich.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back