Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is Jealousy a sin?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I think there can be good reasons for jealously that are not connected to pride. Such as a case of past adultery. Even if it's been forgiven there can still be doubt that causes jealousy, I think.
Of course, it all depends on motivation.

First thing that came up when I Googled the definition.

jeal·ous
ˈjeləs/
adjective
adjective: jealous
feeling or showing envy of someone or their achievements and advantages.
"he grew jealous of her success"
synonyms: envious, covetous, desirous;More

So, jealous supposedly does mean envy. I always thought they were one in the same but If God is a jealous God, I just can't see him as being envious of say, people who worshiped a rock. I seriously doubt God is envious or jealous of the rock itself because its just a rock, sculptured rock or whatever and if I'm not mistaken God or Jesus one said themselves, there are no other gods, they are only a rock or wood, or was that about idols? same thing?

Yep, still confused. It's probably just a matter of the slight difference in the meanings of the two words or that the words can have a few meanings...I guess.

Yep, still confused. It's probably just a matter of the slight difference in the meanings of the two words or that the words can have a few meanings...I guess.

You've heard the term...."Bride of Christ"?, or "Body of Christ"?
Have you ever been deeply in love,...... body, soul, mind,?
Have you ever been betrayed by the object of your love?
God has.., and so has Jesus.

God, "so loved the world, that he gave"... one Son to create others.
God is all about family, and he is all about relationship, and he is all about faithfulness and fidelity.
God has feelings, and it hurts when the love he gives is rejected.
This is especially painful if you created the love, you created the feelings, you created the "image" of yourself and named it Adam, and you watched it all turn away.
The wonder of God's love, is that he still keeps on loving, forgiving, accepting.

No disagreement on that, Kidron.

The wonder of God's love, is that he still keeps on loving, forgiving, accepting.

And it's sad to say, but if he didn't do that, he would only have the one son. :sad

It's that "free will" that he so fairly decided had to go along with his creation of us that causes the problems but there really was no other way to do it.

It's that "free will" that he so fairly decided had to go along with his creation of us that causes the problems but there really was no other way to do it.

Free will allows us the opportunity to be free.
Otherwise, we are just incredibly detailed designer puppets, and these do not make for a good family:)

Free will allows us the opportunity to be free.

And/or get ourselves into all kinds of trouble. :)

One important thing it does do is filter out those that "choose" not to go with God. That's something that HAS to be done voluntarily or it's just no good.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back