Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

IS JESUS CHRIST GOD?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
i think in the Hebrew elohim had the same meaning as todays usage of god. god has different meanings today, but we use big "G" and little "g" to indicate if we are talking about the Most High or god as in an angel or beings that the nations prayed to.
they way i understand it is there is only one Most High (G-D) but there are many gods. these other gods are lesser beings and serve under the Almighty.

i also believe the term elohim indicates a state of being, of the heavens is a god/godly. of the earth is human.
There are writings in the Bible that talk's about strange Gods and other scriptures. So there are more gods than God father and son. I think you are on to it. There are lesser gods. With lower ranks.
They are probably angels.
But study this further. I don't have a definite answer. Elohim might be referring to angels.
We are the sons of man. Only two men are sons of God. Adam and the second Adam; Jesus Christ.

with respect, im here for discussion.
Yes, me too friend, and we must go and see in the Bible for further discussion. This is the only way to come to the truth and following the completely truth for salvation. Do you have read Hebrews?

So there are more gods than God father and son.
Depends on how one defines ' God '.
The Bible only talks about he triune God of God the Father, God the Son and God the Spirit as being God.
It does talk about other gods. They are demonic in origin as there purpose is to take people away from the worship of God.

The Bible only talks about he triune God of God the Father, God the Son and God the Spirit as being God.
It does talk about other gods. They are demonic in origin as there purpose is to take people away from the worship of God.
This is also a lie. The Bible clearly teaches One God and His Son Jesus Christ. Jesus is God because His Father is God. Jesus is not THE God. Holy Spirit is not God. Nowhere in the Bible you will find God Holy Spirit. Read what Paul says about those that put and takes things that is not written in the Bible.
Galatians 1:1-10. Very dangerous for salvation.

This is also a lie. The Bible clearly teaches One God and His Son Jesus Christ. Jesus is God because His Father is God. Jesus is not THE God. Holy Spirit is not God. Nowhere in the Bible you will find God Holy Spirit. Read what Paul says about those that put and takes things that is not written in the Bible.
Galatians 1:1-10. Very dangerous for salvation.

Just because you do not agree with Christian teaching is no reason to accuse people of lying.

Jesus made no distinction between God the Father, himself or the Spirit. He made them identical in value. Read the great commission and see.

Scripture is always good.
Yes. That is what I was referring to earlier in this post. False gods.
Although the Hebrew Bible has several words for what we use only one word for.
I do believe that there is only one true God. Father God and creator.
It might be that a god/God is one or more deities that people worship.
For a true believer there is only one true God and His son Jesus.
And then there are thousands or millions of false gods.
That humans worship instead of God the creator. Evil spirits and even idols without any god like features.
Greek, Egyptian, viking gods and so on.
(Seems right?) Well something like that..
Bible doesn't to my knowledge speak of gods in heaven other than the one! Yet it speaks of sons of God. That is often talking about Gods angels as being the sons of God.
They are like us in relation to God. As we are also the sons of God. We the believers..
Seems right to me. How about you?

Just because you do not agree with Christian teaching is no reason to accuse people of lying.

Jesus made no distinction between God the Father, himself or the Spirit. He made them identical in value. Read the great commission and see.
Your teaching is not BIBLICAL. I will never be agree with teaching that isn't in the Bible. That is the work of Satan. Where can I read a word that your god Holy Spirit saying something to Jesus or jehovah God? Give me verses and chapters. Proof me that I'm wrong BIBLICAL!

Can it be that you are somewhat both right in this? I think so...
They are alike in every way. Still they are separate in person. ?

Can it be that you are somewhat both right in this? I think so...
They are alike in every way. Still they are separate in person. ?
One can be right. I defend myself completely with the Bible. Let they show you if the Holy Spirit is really a God, and was always in existence, why is any record that we can find in the Bible that he has spoken with Jesus or God the Father. Ask them to show you chapters and verses. Galatians 1:1-10. This is my shoe.

You guys need to understand both sides of this subject. Jesus is not God. Both are not The Holy Spirit.
Remember Jesus leaving earth:

And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor—Counselor, Strengthener, Standby), to be with you forever— the Spirit of Truth, whom the world cannot receive [and take to its heart] because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He (the Holy Spirit) remains with you continually and will be in you.
John 14:16‭-‬17 AMP

Jesus is in Heaven. We have the Holy Spirit here.
Not the same. Yet they are the same in some way.
I think that we really can't understand this fully..
It is over our feeble minds..
Let's be humble to what we don't really understand!
Shalom!!

One can be right. I defend myself completely with the Bible. Let they show you if the Holy Spirit is really a God, and was always in existence, why is any record that we can find in the Bible that he has spoken with Jesus or God the Father. Ask them to show you chapters and verses. Galatians 1:1-10. This is my shoe.
Ok. But let me turn it the other way. Where does it say that it is not so?
The Bible teaches us what we need to know. Not what we don't need.
The Bible doesn't speak of the holy spirit being God (that I know of). But it does speak of Jesus beeing God. But not God the father. God the son.
Both comes from God Father.
Hallelujah!

The Holy Spirit is called the Spirit of truth!
Not God. But it reads that the Spirit comes from God!
Maybe not God Himself. Maybe a part of Him...
I really don't know for shure.

Christian believers fight about this??
Instead of being happy together over how almost unbelievable, yet believable all of this is!
We should really just bow down, even right now and just thank God for the length he has gone to save us!
Lift Him up only! That is what I will do
Shalom guys!

The Bible doesn't speak of the holy spirit being God (that I know of). But it does speak of Jesus beeing God. But not God the father. God the son.
Hallelujah!
I like that you say about that everything should be proven by the Bible. It should!

If one can be right. You can't defend both you and the Bible as the same. ?
Haha. Just picking on you a little bit ?

Hallelujah!
That is true, so the Holy Spirit is their Spirit not another being separated God like the trinity teaching says. The Bible says God's Holy Spirit or the Holy Spirit OF God. Never we can read God Holy Spirit.

You guys need to understand both sides of this subject. Jesus is not God. Both are not The Holy Spirit.
Remember Jesus leaving earth:

And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper (Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor—Counselor, Strengthener, Standby), to be with you forever— the Spirit of Truth, whom the world cannot receive [and take to its heart] because it does not see Him or know Him, but you know Him because He (the Holy Spirit) remains with you continually and will be in you.
John 14:16‭-‬17 AMP

Jesus is in Heaven. We have the Holy Spirit here.
Not the same. Yet they are the same in some way.
I think that we really can't understand this fully..
It is over our feeble minds..
Let's be humble to what we don't really understand!
Shalom!!
I have just write who is the Holy Spirit. Go take a look!

That is true, so the Holy Spirit is their Spirit not another being separated God like the trinity teaching says. The Bible says God's Holy Spirit or the Holy Spirit OF God. Never we can read God Holy Spirit.
The Bible never use the word trinity. Yet it implies that they are something like it.

My personal understanding of this after studying and thinking is that they are not the same "person"
What makes them one is that they are in total and complete agreement.
I find that to be just as or even more amazing!
This is my personal understanding of the three...

I think that we need to remember this scripture:
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord .
Isaiah 55:8
God is not a human. There are things that we are simply too stupid to understand..
?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back