Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is Jesus God?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Read through the first chapter of Genesis, then look at the first few verses of John.

Reminder:
ToS 2.1: This is a Christian site, therefore, any attempt to put down Christianity (or declare that it is false) and the basic tenets of our Faith will be considered a hostile act.

SoF Doctrinal Statement
We believe that there is only one God, who is eternal and immutable, and manifests Himself in three distinct Persons; Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

We believe that Jesus of Nazareth is the promised Messiah, born of a virgin, totally without sin, God in human flesh, the One Who died on the cross for our sins, was buried, rose again from the dead on the third day, and ascended to the right hand of the Father in heaven, where He now intercedes for us who believe in Him.

Let's be sure to keep this discussion about Biblical support for the question and not about debating whether or not it is true.

I asked the BIBLE verses to show that the Creator is Jesus. I know the Bible very well. But I ask it to show that to those who do not know our God.
[Edited by staff. Use TWTS to discuss moderator action. WIP]

Right. Give me more references.
What more references do you need? In the account of the Creation, God indicates that he made man in "our" image. In John 1 it indicates that "In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word WAS God." The "Word" being spoken of here is Jesus. Therefore, a very logical conclusion can be made that Jesus is God, and therefore, created the world.

Right. Give me more references.

People aren't sure where you're headed with this so if replies seem guarded then perhaps let everyone know the intent.
Do you wish a debate to refute Jesus is God, which is fine, or is this more of a curiosity issue?

Let people know your intent and I'm sure things may get a bit easier :)

I didn't think he was being dishonest. is jesus god is something we need to remember and ask ourselves.

references,
john 1:1,12

statements off the top of my head.
if I lay down my life I will pick up my life again.. Thomas said to Jesus, My Lord and MY GOD.

I asked the BIBLE verses to show that the Creator is Jesus. I know the Bible very well. But I ask it to show that to those who do not know our God.

"All things came into being through Him, and without Him not even one thing came into being that has come into being" (John 1:3, see John 1:10).

"For all things were created in Him, the things in the heavens, and the things on the earth, the visible and the invisible; whether thrones, or lordships, or rulers, or authorities, all things have been created through Him and for Him" (Col 1:16).

"But unto the Son he saith . . . 'And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:' " (Heb 1:8-10).

"Thus saith the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, and his Maker, 'Ask me of things to come concerning my sons, and concerning the work of my hands command ye me. I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded" (Isa 45:11-12).

"For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else" (Isa 45:18).

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word (Jesus), and the Word (Jesus) was with God (the Father), and the Word was God,

John 1:14 The Word (Jesus) became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 14:20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.

John 10:30 "I (Jesus) and the Father are one."

Jesus is God, because he is ONE with the Father.....believers become ONE with them.

Is Jesus God?
Colosians 1:15-18

Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers:all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. And he is the head of the body, the church:who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word (Jesus), and the Word (Jesus) was with God (the Father), and the Word was God,

John 1:14 The Word (Jesus) became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 14:20 On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.

John 10:30 "I (Jesus) and the Father are one."

Jesus is God, because he is ONE with the Father.....believers become ONE with them.
Let's also look at what Peter wrote:

2 Pet 1:1 - Simon Peter, a bond-servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have received a faith of the same kind as ours, by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ:

Now compare 2 verses written by Paul:

Titus 1:3 - but at the proper time manifested, even His word, in the proclamation with which I was entrusted according to the commandment of God our Savior,

Titus 1:4 - to Titus, my true child in a common faith: Grace and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Savior.

And, finally, what doubting Thomas said after placing his hand in the side of the resurrected Jesus:

John 20:28 - Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

[Edited by staff. Use TWTS to discuss moderator action. WIP]
Do you believe that you need a Savior?
Do you believe that you will go to heaven?
Do you believe a murderer will be allowed to go free if he says he is sorry in a Court of Law?

John 14: NKJV
7 “If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him.”

8 Philip said to Him, “Lord, show us the Father, and it is sufficient for us.”

9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; so how can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

Whenever I read these verses I picture Jesus telling Philip, "Come on Philip, I'm pitchin' but you ain't catchin'!"

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back