Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Growth Is keeping your Body Fit an Acceptable Sacrifice to the Lord?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
I am in the process of writing an article on this very topic for my own site.

Here are the opening couple of lines:.
"......God created us in His image. Who here thinks He looks like the Michelin man? Pillsbury Dough boy? C'mon show of hands please......No one?
Didn't think so......."

....."We must keep our bodies, minds, hearts and souls fit for Him. He gave us the complete package and we should do our best to preserve it or as my own case, restore it.".......

Copyright 2014 www.hisnarrowpath.com
Tried to read it but the link doesn't work.

It absolutely is a sin to eat something that you know is going to kill you. It is a sin to accept what the world has done to our food supply without trying to do something about it. Gluttony is a sin according to Titus 1:12.
That sounds legalistic.
Having a soda once a week or a cheeseburger once a week is NOT going to kill you.
What is going to kill you is that you don't eat and drink in moderation.

Sandy Zalecki
"nearly eighty percent of all Americans are overweight"
Where did you hear that? I don't believe it...
Believe it: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/overwt.htm

http://www.cdc.gov/obesity/data/adult.html

http://frac.org/initiatives/hunger-and-obesity/obesity-in-the-us/

That sounds legalistic.
Having a soda once a week or a cheeseburger once a week is NOT going to kill you.
I don't think those were her points. One problem is that, generally speaking, people who drink soda or eat cheeseburgers don't do so just once a week. It is quite often several times a week, particularly with the sodas and other sugary drinks. Another problem is that it is easy to dismiss an unhealthy diet when only referring to things such as sodas and cheeseburgers, but the fact is, many things in a box or can in your supermarket are just as bad--filled with chemicals, salt and sugar, and are so processed, there is very little nutritional value. Most people eat those kinds of things everyday.

Sandy's point is quite supported by the stats in the links above. The majority of Americans are overweight with more than 1/3 being obese. That's insane! But it is, for the most part, directly related to diet, particularly the sugary drinks, and a lack of exercise.

I would be the opposite end of this if I was younger. seriously. I would be one you would tell not to work out and miss church. not that I cared then for Christ but I was an exercise nut. I worked out twice a day. once for the army and the martial arts.

Great post.

Stress leads toward death, not life. When pure, the body temple is 100 percent. I agree, 100 percent holy spirit. Spotless, blameless, before the lord. Like Adam and Eve. If Jesus is the positive force, giving life, and sprouting roots from the Earth. Satan is the negative force, trying to take it away, and return it to the dirt. I realized today the true meaning of "live by the sword, die by the sword". The sword is the path of Satan, a chaotic, pleasurable path, full of confusion, and "bad luck". The path of Jesus is the true path, and one of peace, without confusion.

That sounds legalistic.
What exactly is legalism? Legalism is me telling you that you won't go to heaven or you won't be a part of my club if you don't follow my rules. I am not saying that at all. What I am saying is that our bodies are the Temple of the Holy Spirit and it is our responsibility to keep our bodies free from sin. When we knowingly put chemically contaminated, nutritionally void food in our bodies that is a sin. The problem with Americans and most Christians are happily in denial that anything is wrong. We don't want to admit that our government and certain corporations have contaminated our food supply because of extreme greed. Some say it is a conspiracy to control the population. I would not go that far, but I will say this, many of the chronic diseases that we face today would be eliminated or at least not as prevalent if we would watch the kind of food we put on our plates. Exercise is also good. I am not a exercise nut, I never have been, but I usually walk around 2 to 3 miles a day and my dogs love it.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back