Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is legalism Biblical?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
If you asked Adam and Eve, then I bet they'd answer yes...legalism is real. Their experience defies almost everything Christians say against legalism. Should it be allowed?...I don't think we have a choice, it's not our choice. I don't know though, maybe God has changed since then (Mal.3:6; Heb.13:8; Jas.1:17).

Rom 4:16
16 For this cause (it is) of faith, that (it may be) according to grace; to the end that the promise may be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all ASV

Gal 4:1-2
4:1 But I say that so long as the heir is a child, he differeth nothing from a bond servant though he is lord of all;
2 but is under guardians and stewards until the day appointed of the father. ASV

Joe

Joe67 said:
16 For this cause (it is) of faith, that (it may be) according to grace; to the end that the promise may be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all ASV

4:1 But I say that so long as the heir is a child, he differeth nothing from a bond servant though he is lord of all;
2 but is under guardians and stewards until the day appointed of the father. ASV

Joe
These scriptures are true, what is your argument against my post?

XTruth said:
Joe67 said:

Joe
These scriptures are true, what is your argument against my post?
XT,

I was only witnessing to what I believe. No argument against.

Your fellow member of the Body of Jesus,
Joe

As probably the most conservative interpreter, and follower, of the scriptures, visiting this site...I can comfortably say that one mans legalism is another mans liberalism.

Each member here feels that their view, on any issue, is the correct one.

Everyone else is seen as either a legalist or a liberal depending on where the differing view falls in relation to one's own.

XTruth and Joe67...well said!

In Christ,

Pogo

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back