Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is that same power and authority for today?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Blain

do u remember the power and authority the apostles recieved in pentacost? Do u think this is for today? I was having a day dream yesterday on my walk about an exorcism. now for those of you who know how exorcisms are you know that often times its a hard struggle and a huge battle to release the possesed person having to pray fiercly and continually using scriptures and sometimes holy water.

Now I honestly dont know why I had this daydream but it goes something like this- There is a person possesed by a powerful high level demon and these two exorsists have tried and tried to free this person but they couldnt so they called in a special exorcist which apparently was me[ I know self concieted right? Ugh...] anyways i walk in there in a calm almost emotionless state and apparently I had great power and authority from God I look at the possesed person and merely say leave this person and instantly it had to leave no if ands or butts. It shrieked around the room and left.

The ppl were so happy saying you freed this person I replied it will be back and in greater numbers so I stayed to protect them.
As strange as this daydream is it really shook me to the core

Act 19:13 Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.
Act 19:14 And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.
Act 19:15 And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?
Act 19:16 And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

These vagabond Jews had no power and authority as they had not the grace of God found in them and were overtaken as the evil spirits did not recognize God in them. Gods grace means undeserved, unmerited favor, Gods willingness to give us His power and ability even though we do not deserve it. God is the same yesterday, today and forever so there is no reason why His grace would ever be non-existent in those of His Spiritual rebirth of John 3:3-6; Romans 10:9, 10.

Greek definition: (exousia, ex-oo-see'-ah) freedom, influence, delegate, jurisdiction, ability, control, force, privilege, strength, liberty, mastery, competency, power and right

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back