Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is the belief in reincarnation or otherkin really a sin?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Josh2010

Is the belief in reincarnation or otherkin really a sin?

I have seen this discussion many times in recent months and it left me puzzled about my identity as a Christian and human being.

I believe we were made in god's image, but then why do so many feel out of place with their humanity?

Belief in reincarnation IS harmful. On one hand, it promotes escapism, a "spiritual opium", you'd always set your mind on the reincarnated next life and neglect your present life, that is the common demoninator of all false religions, including some Christian denominations. It's harmful and self destructive to believe that you can skip through this life on the false hope that you could be reborn as somebody else in the next.

I used to believe this way and I think that it hurt my relationship with God and my family. I have found a lot of better people and things through the one true God.
We've all believed things that aren't true. God will judge every soul for the life he or she lived, not for living many times over and over.

Yeah, infinite time loop in Groundhog Day is based on the concept of purgatory, which is NOT a biblical concept. The closest bible passage to that, imo, is the rich man and Lazarus at the two sides of the "great gulf" in Hades, those are the holding places for souls designated to the Lake of Fire and New Jerusalem, respectively. Those who end up in the rich man's side can't redeem themselves by their own work, it's over.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back