Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is The "he" of Daniel 9:27 Our Lord Jesus?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
precepts said:
archangel_300's
I'm willing to hear your argument.

But I have a question..
Daniel 9:26 “ And after the sixty-two weeks Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself;
And the people of the prince who is to come Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.
The sanctuary is not the temple. There was an Egyptian/Athenian coalition that aided the Egyptians in revolting against Artaxerxes I in 455 b.c., the reason for Nehemiah's rebuilding (444 b.c.) in the 20th yr of Artaxerxes I. :study

Ok... so the sanctuary is not the temple. But what about the city?
What city is being referred to here that is destroyed?

Shilohsfoal said:
Daniel 12;10
Many shall be purified,and made white,and tried;but the wicked shall do wickedly and none of the wicked shall understand,but the wise shall understand.

If you believe the abomination of desolation shall stand in a temple made by the jews ,
And if you believe the daily sacrifice are people offering up sheep ,
How are you beliefs any different than the wicked people who deny Christ?
How would you be able to understand what those antichrist jews can not?

Do you really believe this book is written so that those who deny the Son of God will be able to understand it?If even one of those orthodox jews understood what the daily sacrifice is when it is taken away then they would have made God a lier because the word of God says NONE of the wicked shall understand.

I don't believe the abomination of desolation shall stand in a temple made by jews.
But it almost appears that the abomination of desolation is something that has existed ever since the time of Christ.

2 Thessalonians 2:3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God[c] in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God. 5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He[d] who now restrains will do so until He[e] is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

archangel's
Ok... so the sanctuary is not the temple. But what about the city?
What city is being referred to here that is destroyed?
You're missing the fact, Cyrus died in 529 b.c..

Nehemiah's words:
Neh 2:1 And it came to pass in the month Nisan, in the twentieth year of Artaxerxes the king, [that] wine [was] before him: and I took up the wine, and gave [it] unto the king. Now I had not been [beforetime] sad in his presence.
Neh 2:2 Wherefore the king said unto me, Why [is] thy countenance sad, seeing thou [art] not sick? this [is] nothing [else] but sorrow of heart. Then I was very sore afraid,
Neh 2:3 And said unto the king, Let the king live for ever: why should not my countenance be sad, when the city, the place of my fathers' sepulchres, [lieth] waste, and the gates thereof are consumed with fire?
Neh 2:4 Then the king said unto me, For what dost thou make request? So I prayed to the God of heaven.
Neh 2:5 And I said unto the king, If it please the king, and if thy servant have found favour in thy sight, that thou wouldest send me unto Judah, unto the city of my fathers' sepulchres, that I may build it.
:study

archangel_300 said:
9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

You already know what he is going to do.
Another thing those who do wickedly against the holy covenant has against them.The revelation of Jesus Christ isnt given to them.They would rather have a book burning then to read the book of revelation.
Not only do the wicked not know what the temple of God is,they wouldnt see anything wrong with having a mark in thier flesh.

With all signs and lieing wonders=Rev 13;13
And he doeth great wonders,so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men.
Keep in mind.Arms stand on his part.It is the arms that make fire come down out of heaven.
The jews think this man and his army iss going to deliver them from the face of thier enemies.Those who forsake the holy covenent will think he can save them.

He does come from the most powerful country the world has ever witnessed.

Some here are misinterpreting the person in Dan.9:27 who confirms a covenant for "one week" (7 years), and causes the daily sacrifice to end and sets up the abomination of desolation as being our Lord Jesus. They're doing that to try and prove that final symbolic "one week" was fulfilled in Christ's first coming, simply because they haven't understood how God's Word shows a prophecy can have a gap of time before being completed.
No offense, but you are making assumptions that aren't true, of me anyway. I believed for a long time that there was a gap. I made fun of and ridiculed those who believed differently. I was into the gap and future 70th. week, hook, line and proverbial sinker.

The real issue was, I was so hung up on my own personal beliefs and felt I was so correct that even considering other, more plausible (and possibly more Biblical correct) interpretations were a waste of my time and studies.

God had other plans though. :lol

samuel said:
Did anyone say that seeing the Prophesy of Daniel 9:27, as Messianic fulfilled the 7 years or last week. ? I don't recall that; at least I didn't. :)
I have. Many times too, lately. I see the whole prophecy as consecutive. (not concurrent Vet, because that would mean, simultaneously People get confused when they try to interject the events of 70AD into the prophecy, instead of seeing it as the "results" of said prophecy. It is a parenthesis to the prophecy, meaning not a part of the 70th. week, but and end result. The icing on the prophetic cake.

Cause and effect:

Jesus' death put an end to the entire sacrificial system. The OT alludes to this and the book of Hebrews makes this very clear, as does the Gospel itself. The sacrificial system is made null and void by the death of the Lamb of God. Those who denied Him, continued to sacrifice in the Temple until... one very important event in history happened: the destruction of the Temple in 70 AD!

Once I was shown that, I did this :confused :confused It was that simple to see after It was revealed to me.

So, I'm not ashamed to say that I believe a prophecy and interpretation that is some 2,500 years old. (there's your answer to your question in another thread, samuel ;) ) I'm aslo not ashamed to say I still believe the future promise of 1 Thessalonians 5:9:

1 Th 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Me, well I'm looking for one of two things to happen in my future; my death or His Coming. :amen

If anyone is the least bit interested, this was Newton's observations and timeline:

http://www.blueletterbible.org/commenta ... Revelation

excerpt:
How after these weeks Christ was cut off, and the city and sanctuary destroyed by the Romans, is well known.

Yet shall he confirm the covenant with many for one week. He kept it, notwithstanding his death, till the rejection of the Jews, and calling of Cornelius and the Gentiles in the seventh year after his passion.

And in half a week he shall cause the sacrifice and oblation to cease; that is, by the war of the Romans upon the Jews: which war, after some commotions, began in the 13th year of Nero, A. D. 67, in the spring, when Vespasian, with an army invaded them; and ended in the second year of Vespasian, A. D. 70, in autumn, Sept. 7, when Titus took the city, having burnt the Temple 27 days before: so that it lasted three years and an half.

And upon a wing of abominations he shall cause desolation, even until the consummation, and that which is determined be poured upon the desolate. The Prophets, in representing kingdoms by Beasts and Birds, put their wings stretcht out over any country for their armies sent out to invade and rule over that country. Hence a wing of abominations is an army of false Gods: for an abomination is often put in scripture for a false God; as where Chemosh is called the abomination of Moab {1 Kings 11.}, and Molech the abomination of Ammon. The meaning therefore is, that the people of a Prince to come shall destroy the sanctuary, and abolish the daily worship of the true God, and overspread the land with an army of false gods; and by setting up their dominion and worship, cause desolation to the Jews, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled. For Christ tells us, that the abomination of desolation spoken of by Daniel was to be set up in the times of the Roman Empire, Matth. 24:15.

Vic.

Thanks for that post! :thumb
My eyes are open a bit more, appreciate it.

Newton makes sense to me and that seems like a reasonable explanation to Daniel 9. I like his explanation of abomination pertaining to false Gods.

I now understand what Samuel was trying to say.
If that's the case then it does seem to make sense that Christ is the one who is talked about in Daniel 9:27. Christ does cause sacrifice to cease because Christ is the end to the law for righteousness BUT the forces of the king of the north does the actual taking away of the daily sacrifices. (Still struggling with this a bit)

Matthew 24 now seems like a mixed bag because some of it seems to be talking about the fulfillment of Daniel 9 while other passages within it clearly talk about the end time. That makes me really SUSPECT that Daniel 9 is a symbolic shadow of the things that would occur near the end of the world. Such as false gods entering into the church and then the eventual great apostasy that will destroy the true city of God and burn it with the fire of judgment.

I'm glad you found all that informative. Yes, I too struggle with reconciling other passages because of my former mindset. But God does reveal to us as and when HE chooses. Even still, our nature is one of resistance at times (paste proper Borg quote here... LOL) There is so much I need to study still but am limited in time. I want to further research some more of the Reformer's view.

I already know quite well how they feel about the RCC and their "role" in apostasy and End Times. (Not meant to stir up RCC controversies)

Matthew 24 now seems like a mixed bag because some of it seems to be talking about the fulfillment of Daniel 9 while other passages within it clearly talk about the end time.
I feel that way to, just as I do Revelation.

Anyway, the Messianic view of Dan. 9 is refreshing and does bring another, valid interpretation to the table. Over the weekend I did a search on "Messianic prophecy" and found an overwhelming # of sites that support the Messianic view in one way or another.

I'll try to get back on that Matthew 24 thing, in a day or so. I just now got windows back up, a stinker virus cased me to have to reload, and I'm not quite up to par yet. :)

Archangel: Matt 24 is sort of a mixed bag. :yes

Who would figure that the devil is so petty that he's beneath us, without any intergrity, the tree that every foul thing dwells. Wow! :crazy

Vic C. said:
Some here are misinterpreting the person in Dan.9:27 who confirms a covenant for "one week" (7 years), and causes the daily sacrifice to end and sets up the abomination of desolation as being our Lord Jesus. They're doing that to try and prove that final symbolic "one week" was fulfilled in Christ's first coming, simply because they haven't understood how God's Word shows a prophecy can have a gap of time before being completed.
No offense, but you are making assumptions that aren't true, of me anyway. I believed for a long time that there was a gap. I made fun of and ridiculed those who believed differently. I was into the gap and future 70th. week, hook, line and proverbial sinker.

I wasn't pointing specifically to any one person. It would appear many here on this forum believe there is no gap of time between the 69th and 70th week. And if no gap, then that is to say the last "one week" was fulfilled along with the previous weeks with no break in time.

Vic. C. said:
The real issue was, I was so hung up on my own personal beliefs and felt I was so correct that even considering other, more plausible (and possibly more Biblical correct) interpretations were a waste of my time and studies.

I don't know how you get all that concerning this matter, because God's Word gives evidence there can exist large gaps of time for a prophecy to be completed. I showed that with the Isaiah 61:1-2/Luke 4 example. To have a more Biblically correct position on this matter, you would have to show Bible examples like I did, but that require the opposite position. I can tell you now, you'll have a hard time finding that kind of Bible example.

samuel said:
Did anyone say that seeing the Prophesy of Daniel 9:27, as Messianic fulfilled the 7 years or last week. ? I don't recall that; at least I didn't. :)
Vic.C. said:
I have. Many times too, lately. I see the whole prophecy as consecutive. (not concurrent Vet, because that would mean, simultaneously People get confused when they try to interject the events of 70AD into the prophecy, instead of seeing it as the "results" of said prophecy. It is a parenthesis to the prophecy, meaning not a part of the 70th. week, but and end result. The icing on the prophetic cake.

Consecutive is probably a better word for what I was looking for, an order of events that once started continue until complete, with no time lapse in between. I do see the "one week" part of the prophecy as the icing on the cake, but just not for any other time except the end of this world.

Mind you, I don't lock that symbolic "one week" into a box to run consecutive with the previous 69 weeks. Once the events of that final "one week" is understood, and in relation to all the later prophecy in the NT that goes with it, it becomes impossible for me to even remotely think that final "one week" is already fulfilled. I would have to deny all the later prophecy in Revelation and Matt.24 that goes with it.

Vic.C. said:
Cause and effect:

Jesus' death put an end to the entire sacrificial system. The OT alludes to this and the book of Hebrews makes this very clear, as does the Gospel itself. The sacrificial system is made null and void by the death of the Lamb of God. Those who denied Him, continued to sacrifice in the Temple until... one very important event in history happened: the destruction of the Temple in 70 AD!

Yes, I agree our Lord Jesus became the Perfect Sacrifice for one and all time, as written. But THAT is for those WHO BELIEVE HIM AS THE SAVIOUR. If we were to go out and do animal sacrifices again, that would be an abomination to The LORD, AND TO US. But the orthodox Jews don't accept Christ Jesus as The Savior, still today. And since the temple was destroyed, and the Diaspora happened, they began planning and hoping to return one day, build another temple, and startup Old Covenant worship again. And now that they have become a nation again (through the U.N. though), and they're on the verge of doing all that, it should serve to us who believe on Christ as a huge sign of the end of this world. All that is beside the fact that sacrifices ending in 70 A.D. does not fit the timeline of the "one week" prophecy, nor complete the events in Dan.9:24 which is for Israel and Jerusalem.

Vic.C. said:
So, I'm not ashamed to say that I believe a prophecy and interpretation that is some 2,500 years old. (there's your answer to your question in another thread, samuel ;) ) I'm aslo not ashamed to say I still believe the future promise of 1 Thessalonians 5:9:

1 Th 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

Me, well I'm looking for one of two things to happen in my future; my death or His Coming. :amen

So has that new view you've taken told you there's no need to watch for the false one who comes PRIOR to our Lord Jesus' coming? Our Lord warned us very well to expect a false one coming working great wonders and signs on the earth before His coming. Even Apostle Paul showed it in that same 1 Thess.5 chapter those who don't watch will be drunken in the night, deceived by that false one into falling away.

There's a condition that MUST be met to not experience God's wrath when Christ comes. And that's the REAL subject of 1 Thess.5.

precepts said:
veteran's
There's OT Scripture where God promised He is going to restore the saved of Israel back to their original inheritances He first gave their fathers (like Ezek.37; Ezek.47-48, etc.) That's pointing to the remnant of flesh Israel Paul taught about in Romans 11:1-5. No man is going to change God's promise on that, regardless of how men's doctrines try to sideways spiritualize it away.

Wow! It's amazing how people ignore the facts. The verses you're quoting were before the Babylon exodus which was fulfilled by the rebuilding and occupation of Jerusalem after the exodus. Paul's reference is to the heavenly Jerusalem and the heavenly Israel. When God mentioned in the old that they would not be uprooted after they were replanted, it was two-fold, it was after the heavenly attack on the heavenly Jerusalem. What happened on earth happened in heaven, the beast being Nebuchadnezzar. Go figure.
:study

Sorry, but someone who thinks the following events are already past probably need to go back to school and learn to read...

Ezek 37:21-28
21 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:
22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:

The LORD had just finished giving Ezekiel the two sticks prophecy showing the two houses of Israel being put back together into one stick in His hand. That has NEVER happened yet, because the Book of Ezra is specific on just who returned from the Babylon captivity; a small remnant of just Judah, Benjamin, and Levi. None of the ten tribes are mentioned as they were still scattered then, even in 100 A.D. according to the Jewish historian Josephus.

23 Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be My people, and I will be their God.
24 And David My servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in My judgments, and observe My statutes, and do them.

NOR did the house of Judah have a king in Jerusalem from the house of David after their return from Babylon! The later kings like the Herods were not even of Israelite birth! And even TODAY there is no king from David's house sitting in Jerusalem. When Nebuchadnezzar killed Zedekiah king of Judah, that ended the kingline of David in Jerusalem, even to this day!

25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob My servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and My servant David shall be their prince for ever.
26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set My sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.
27 My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be My people.
28 And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when My sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.
(KJV)

Ezekiel 40-47 is about the Milennium Sanctuary God was talking about there. It is still future to us.

But there are those... on earth today that want our Heavenly Father to remain in Heaven away from the earth in hopes He will leave them alone, and let them have control over this earth to do whatever the like. That's why the many false doctrines going around today that Christ's thousand years reign either is meant in the spiritual sense only, or simply doesn't exist, or is already history.

archangel_300 said:
I don't believe the abomination of desolation shall stand in a temple made by jews.
But it almost appears that the abomination of desolation is something that has existed ever since the time of Christ.

And how does that statement stack up to what our Lord Jesus said here?

Mark 13:14
14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:
(KJV)

Matt 24:15
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
(KJV)

archangel_300 said:
Vic.

Newton makes sense to me and that seems like a reasonable explanation to Daniel 9. I like his explanation of abomination pertaining to false Gods.

So because Sir Isaac Newton was an educated man and a math wizard, we should heed how he believed, because afterall, he was smart enough for all of us? No, afraid not.

Why not Sir Francis Bacon also, since he was the father of the scientific method? Or maybe Ben Franklin too since he was a scientist-philosopher and founding father of our country? Why stop at Newton anyway, for many other scientists of note had their views on The Bible too?

When it all comes down to where the rubber meets the road, we EACH are going to be held responsible for how we interpret and preach God's Word. That's why it's best to allow God's Holy Writ to interpret itself. So has anyone come up with a better Bible example of how there can be time gaps between a prophecy in God's Word like I showed from Isaiah 61:1-2?

veteran's
Sorry, but someone who thinks the following events are already past probably need to go back to school and learn to read...
Like i said, where the carcass is........... You will know them by there fruits.

veteran's
Ezek 37:21-28
21 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:
22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:
I don't think i have to go thru the petty stuff, like i said before, Ezekiel's and all prophesies are twofold in meaning, spiritual and carnal. Go figure! :study

veteran's
The LORD had just finished giving Ezekiel the two sticks prophecy showing the two houses of Israel being put back together into one stick in His hand. That has NEVER happened yet, because the Book of Ezra is specific on just who returned from the Babylon captivity; a small remnant of just Judah, Benjamin, and Levi. None of the ten tribes are mentioned as they were still scattered then, even in 100 A.D. according to the Jewish historian Josephus.
First of all, Josephus got his sirname from the 8th Roman Emperor Flavius aswell as many others in that time according to history. Secondly, It's the carnal minded who can't percieve the two fold message given. It's evident by your carnal arguement of Israel being physically redeemed.

veteran's
23 Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be My people, and I will be their God.
24 And David My servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in My judgments, and observe My statutes, and do them.
You would think that the mention of David as King would mean a heavenly kingdom.

vetean's
NOR did the house of Judah have a king in Jerusalem from the house of David after their return from Babylon! The later kings like the Herods were not even of Israelite birth! And even TODAY there is no king from David's house sitting in Jerusalem. When Nebuchadnezzar killed Zedekiah king of Judah, that ended the kingline of David in Jerusalem, even to this day!

-Really!

Veteran's
25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob My servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and My servant David shall be their prince for ever.
26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set My sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.

-That's why there's no temple in the new Jerusalem.

veteran's
27 My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be My people.
28 And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when My sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.
(KJV)

-For evermore is eternal, only heaven is eternal according to Revelation.

veteran's
Ezekiel 40-47 is about the Milennium Sanctuary God was talking about there. It is still future to us.

But there are those... on earth today that want our Heavenly Father to remain in Heaven away from the earth in hopes He will leave them alone, and let them have control over this earth to do whatever the like. That's why the many false doctrines going around today that Christ's thousand years reign either is meant in the spiritual sense only, or simply doesn't exist, or is already history.

-Your statement about Israel not having a king after Babylon shows you're either ignorant of the facts and history or you're being the devil's advocate pushing your own agenda. Joshua the son of Josedech was crowned King and High Priest after the Babylon exodus. The others were those that forsake the covenant. :screwloose

veteran said:
archangel_300 said:

And how does that statement stack up to what our Lord Jesus said here?

Mark 13:14
14 But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not, (let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:
(KJV)

Matt 24:15
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
(KJV)

2 Thessalonians 2:1 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ[a] had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God[c] in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.
5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He[d] who now restrains will do so until He[e] is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming.

The Bible almost appears to be saying that the forces (abomination) of apostasy are currently at work but are being restrained. When the restraining forces are taken out of the way then the abomination of desolation will be clearly manifest. There almost seems to be a connection here between these passages of scripture and Revelation 20 where Satan is bound but then loosed. There also appears to be a connection here and the fact that Christ mentions in Matthew 24 when you "see" the abominination of desolation indicating that Satanic forces will be clearly seen at work standing in the "holy place".

veteran said:
archangel_300 said:
Vic.

So because Sir Isaac Newton was an educated man and a math wizard, we should heed how he believed, because afterall, he was smart enough for all of us? No, afraid not.

Why not Sir Francis Bacon also, since he was the father of the scientific method? Or maybe Ben Franklin too since he was a scientist-philosopher and founding father of our country? Why stop at Newton anyway, for many other scientists of note had their views on The Bible too?

When it all comes down to where the rubber meets the road, we EACH are going to be held responsible for how we interpret and preach God's Word. That's why it's best to allow God's Holy Writ to interpret itself. So has anyone come up with a better Bible example of how there can be time gaps between a prophecy in God's Word like I showed from Isaiah 61:1-2?

No because the Bible is a spiritual book and ones eyes can only be open if God opens them.
No amount of intelligence will be able to unlock the passages of scripture.

BUT if your eyes are open, having a logical mind helps.
Newton makes sense whereas many theories I've seen on this forum don't hold up.

Yes, I certainly agree that it is best to allow God's Holy Writ to interpret itself but putting time gaps in places where they shouldn't is not.

veteran said:
I don't know how you get all that concerning this matter, because God's Word gives evidence there can exist large gaps of time for a prophecy to be completed. I showed that with the Isaiah 61:1-2/Luke 4 example. To have a more Biblically correct position on this matter, you would have to show Bible examples like I did, but that require the opposite position. I can tell you now, you'll have a hard time finding that kind of Bible example.
Your Isaiah 61:1-2/Luke 4/Zech 9:9-10 examples don't work because in each case they have already been fulfilled. I know you don't see it, but you're not really looking, are you? If you saw how it was fulfilled it would challenge all the work you're so proud of. :wave

Oh goodness! :lol

Vet, I like you but sometimes your logic and rationale is sometimes, well, irrational. :yes

All that is beside the fact that sacrifices ending in 70 A.D. does not fit the timeline of the "one week" prophecy, nor complete the events in Dan.9:24 which is for Israel and Jerusalem.
It's a very minor parenthesis compared to the gaping hole in modern views and it fits quite well into the Messianic prophecy given Daniel in Ch. 9. It single-handedly pinpoints for us the coming of Messiah and His role as The Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world, almost to the very day, if it were possible.

That alone is priceless when witnessing to Jews and other nonbelievers. It's right there, in their sacred Hebrew text. It points them to when their Messiah was to arrive. Take this old interpretation away and you leave a gaping hole in Messianic prophecy. But you seems to be more obsessed with a coming antichrist instead. That, I cannot help you with.

Before I forget, here is a definition of a parenthesis that fits Daniel's writing:

a remark or passage that departs from the theme of a discourse
merriam-webster

So has that new view you've taken told you there's no need to watch for the false one who comes PRIOR to our Lord Jesus' coming? Our Lord warned us very well to expect a false one coming working great wonders and signs on the earth before His coming. Even Apostle Paul showed it in that same 1 Thess.5 chapter those who don't watch will be drunken in the night, deceived by that false one into falling away.
I really don't know why you keep calling this view new. :shrug The only conclusion I come up with is you haven't taken the time to really study end times, it's many positions and their history. Plus, if you have read the body of my many posts on the site, overall, you'd know I am quite aware of the lying signs and wonders, both in the past and in our present and our future as well.

As that ol' hymn goes:

"There’s power in the blood, power in the blood;" :amen

There's a condition that MUST be met to not experience God's wrath when Christ comes. And that's the REAL subject of 1 Thess.5.
I'm not quite sure where you are going with this, but I'm certain that my God is powerful enough to protect those who He calls His own, through all trials and tribulations and will protect us from HIS wrath. His is also faithful to HIS promises. :amen :amen

1 Thess 5 is really an us/them situation; they will be drunken, but we are to be sober. I am not a "they" and will never be a "they" again because we have become new creations in Jesus.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back