Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is the vaccine effective?

Is the vaccine effective?

• Yes

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Better than none

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Worse than none

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Raise your hand if you're guilty as I am. 🙋‍♂️ The topic of this discussion is the effectiveness of the Covid vaccines. You all did a great job of dropping the political banter. Thank you. Now we need to get off the benefits, or not, of preventive medicine so PLEASE, let's get back to the correct topic of this discussion, shall we? Thanks!
New thread link for EVERYONES input on preventive health care .

https://christianforums.net/threads/preventive-health-care.87573/

Well... I'm getting a bunch of posts removed..... but I have no idea which ones they are... as it doesn't say... but I get it... STAY on topic Addy... LOL

[ACMP=announcement]
I have deleted many replies that were not relevant to the OP. It wasn't because alternative medicine is not a good discussion, but was derailing this thread and had nothing to do with the OP. There were no violations, just trying to dial this back to the OP. Thank you.

I see hawkman was gracious to start a new thread in the Lounge on preventive health care so let your discussions be there in that thread.
[/ACMP]

Prove? Not sure what you mean. But the overall evidentiary picture is clear: vaccination dramatically reduces the risk of serious illness and death.
Perhaps it is clear to you... You have chosen to trust... As far as proving that the vaccine is effective... TIME will tell.

I do believe the vaccine is effective. I know there are arm chair peeps whom think thy know better, but this video by a doctor explains a lot.

I have absolutely NO problem with those who believe the vaccine is safe.... I also have absolute sympathy and understanding for those who don't...
At this time...( because the shots are just NOW being administered ) there is no data that can accurately reflect whether the vaccine is effective or not.

I think that is my point... LOL... all the statistics in the world cannot explain this to me... because in my estimation... it is all premature.

I think my point is also.... DO as thy feel led to do.... and respect what each other chooses.

I do not and never will respect anti vaxxers. The vaccine is not new it has been in the works since the 80's

But the development of mRNA vaccines against COVID-19 is no overnight success. In fact, they have a remarkable back story stretching back decades. Without one researcher’s determination, two companies with vision, a longtime network of university labs, and decades of taxpayer funding in treatments for influenza and HIV, particularly by the National Institutes of Health, COVID-19 vaccines might still be years away. Even then, it took a massive, unprecedented investment by the U.S. government to get these shots from labs into arms faster than ever before.

The remarkable success over the past few months in slowing the COVID-19 pandemic in the U.S. can be traced back to these four parallel stories and one big bet from the U.S. government.

mRNA vaccines: An
idea more than 30
years in the making
When Katalin Karikó, Ph.D., came to the U.S. from Hungary in 1985, she brought with her a passionate determination to work on mRNA. Messenger RNA is fundamental to life: sets of blueprints, spelled out using four nucleotide “letters,” for building every protein in every life form on Earth. Karikó’s big idea was to produce proteins at will by injecting mRNA into cells, but her experiments did not work for a long time. Lack of success forced her to rely on one senior scientist after another to support her work, while she made only meager wages.

https://dothaneagle.com/community/enterprise-ledger/news/covid-19-mrna-vaccines-how-could-anything-developed-this-quickly-be-safe/article_a21b2626-c7c8-11eb-b276-9f4b61334601.html#utm_source=dothaneagle.com&utm_campaign=/newsletter-templates/topic/popup&utm_medium=PostUp&utm_content=17819ab4674f2cd3bce883af0ae884923b4d052b

To be clear.... I don't consider myself an anti-vaxxer... I have severe reservations as to the effectiveness of this NEW vaccine.... there is a huge difference. What is shocking to me is the back lash from what should be a personal CHOICE.

As much as I don't understand their point on not getting vaccinated, it is still their choice to not get vaccinated. That doesn't mean that we stop respecting them.

I do

To be clear.... I don't consider myself an anti-vaxxer... I have severe reservations as to the effectiveness of this NEW vaccine.... there is a huge difference. What is shocking to me is the back lash from what should be a personal CHOICE.
I guess you will have to get Covid then, because the vaccine is effective at lessening the symptoms and stopping death. People seem to think a vaccine will stop all illness, that is not what a vaccine is for. A vaccine is to kick strat your immune system to protect against the illness getting bad. Everyone who had vaccines as kids can still get the illness, it will not prevent it. If enough people get the vaccine then the illness has no where to go and is effectively stopped like smallpox.

Every death from Covid is now preventable, now it just requires Americans to stop acting like they know more than scientist, stop being so political and do the right thing for everyone and get vaccinated. This new Delta variant is deadly, the next variant will be even more deadly, how many more people must die before others will do the right thing and get vaccinated

I guess you ill have to et Covid then, because the vaccine is effective at lessening the symptoms and stopping death. People seem to think a vaccine will stop all illness, that is not what a vaccine is for. A vaccine is to kick strat your immune system to protect against the illness getting bad. Everyone who had vaccines as kids can still get the illness, it will not prevent it. If enough people get the vaccine then the illness has no where to go and is effectively stopped like smallpox.

Every death from Covid is now preventable, now it just requires Americans to stop acting like they know more than scientist, stop being so political and do the right thing for everyone and get vaccinated
I am not sure how I am supposed to respond to you.... I am presently watching a video that crossnote posted... I am not American ... I am Canadian... and I don't think I like your TONE... so I will agree to disagree with you so as to avoid the potential for unnecessary strife. Bless you.

Donations

Total amount
$1,642.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back