Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is the vaccine effective?

Is the vaccine effective?

• Yes

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Better than none

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Worse than none

Votes: 8 21.6%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
because not all immunizations last forever

gamma globulin
nope
rabies ,nope.
hep a,b
nope and measles ,mumps and rubolas and tetanus ,nope
yellow fever ,nope

those are all boosters I got often .

Camparing apples to onions doesn’t help the discussion.

Those vaccines have been around for a long time.

The Comirnaty Vaccine is the only one approved by the FDA and that has only been a few months.

We still don’t know all there is to know about mid term and long term fatal side effects.

Many countries have stopped issuing the vaccine for certain age groups because if the severe and fatal side effects.

There are so many other medicines that can work and have worked to treat the COVID 19, Wuhan Virus, effectively.

JLB

There are so many other medicines that can work and have worked to treat the COVID 19, Wuhan Virus, effectively

Maybe? Some have shown not to be nearly as effective as once thought. There is also the whole prevention rather than reaction is key.

I would rather do what I can to prevent getting Covid 19, Coronavirus, then to get it and have to fight it. I already have breathing issues with asthma, I don't need anymore if I happen to be in the percentage that gets it.

I already have breathing issues with asthma, I don't need anymore if I happen to be in the percentage that gets it.

I hear you and hope and pray all goes well for you and your family.

JLB

The Comirnaty Vaccine is the only one approved by the FDA and that has only been a few months.

We still don’t know all there is to know about mid term and long term fatal side effects.

Many countries have stopped issuing the vaccine for certain age groups because if the severe and fatal side effects.

There are so many other medicines that can work and have worked to treat the COVID 19, Wuhan Virus, effectively.

JLB
no,

JLB

yup use the cominarty ,no boosters eh?

argue to argue much ?

no,

yup use the cominarty ,no boosters eh?

argue to argue much ?

This is what I stated. —

This approval was done in August.

JLB

Arguing to the future isn't helpful for your case. Firstly, side effects of vaccines are mostly known within the first few months. So, at this point, with people having had them for a year or so, long term side effects with the COVID vaccines are unlikely. Secondly, I could just as easily argue to the unknown long term effects of getting COVID. We actually do know that some people have long COVID and continued effects from it, even more than a year. But also consider shingles, which is caused by the sudden appearing of the same virus that causes smallpox, many years or even decades after having had smallpox. That is something the vaccine prevents, since it prevents smallpox in the first place. Or, consider post-polio syndrome. Again, something that the polio vaccine prevents.

We should be basing our decisions off of what we know now. What we know is that the COVID vaccines reduce the severity and spread of COVID, they're much safer than getting COVID, and that COVID is much more than just deaths and hospitalizations--people continue to have ongoing issues from it, affecting their quality of life, even their ability to work.

Arguing to the future isn't helpful for your case. Firstly, side effects of vaccines are mostly known within the first few months.
This argument is based on experience from our history of vaccines. Most, if not all, vaccines that have been used until now were based on weakened or altered forms of the actual living viruses and every one of them until now have been fully tested and approved by the FDA.

This is not so with the Pfizer, Moderna, and J&J vaccines. Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are employing an entirely new technology, mRNA. While this technology has been studied for nearly 3 decades with testing on animal hosts, these Covid vaccines are the first to use this technology on humans.

The J&J vaccine employs viral vector technology. This technology too has been used for a while in veterinary applications and in some treatments of Ebola outbreaks in other countries but has never been fully approved for human use by the US FDA.

The FDA is our agency that is assigned with the task of making sure the drugs and vaccines that are used for human treatments are safe and effective. Approved for emergency use is not the same thing as fully approved. Maybe Canadians are tougher than us here in the US.

I've already shared this but in case you haven't seen it. According to the FDA, the typical minimum time it takes to complete the clinical test trials (tests involving human volunteers) and fully approve any drug or vaccine for human use is about 4 years but usually takes longer. This is because once the clinical trial phase has begun there are a minimum of three phases with each run successively. This process allows time to monitor the results and look for side effects to show up. It is only after this process has been completed that a vaccine or drug is fully approved for use in human subjects. We've only been injecting humans with the Covid vaccines for about 10 months, well short of the typical 4-year minimum in a normal process. This leaves much room for skepticism.

Last edited:
This is what I stated. —

This approval was done in August.

JLB
no you said, that if the vaccine worked you wouldnt need a booster and yet the fda and doctors advise women like my wife who had the COMINARTY shot to get a booster!

what medicine is fully approved that is used to treat the severe cases of covid and make it just a mild as it was for me and those who had the vaccine?

the antibody injections do the same thing that the vaccine does with the results, make the infection much milder. both do have side effects. both do fail to work for some.

This argument is based on experience from our history of vaccines. Most, if not all, vaccines that have been used until now were based on weakened or altered forms of the actual living viruses and every one of them until now have been fully tested and approved by the FDA.

This is not so with the Pfizer, Moderna, and J&J vaccines. Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are employing an entirely new technology, mRNA. While this technology has been studied for nearly 3 decades with testing on animal hosts, these Covid vaccines are the first to use this technology on humans.

The J&J vaccine employs viral vector technology. This technology too has been used for a while in veterinary applications and in some treatments of Ebola outbreaks in other countries but has never been fully approved for human use by the US FDA.

The FDA is our agency that is assigned with the task of making sure the drugs and vaccines that are used for human treatments are safe and effective. Approved for emergency use is not the same thing as fully approved. Maybe Canadians are tougher than us here in the US.

I've already shared this but in case you haven't seen it. According to the FDA, the typical minimum time it takes to complete the clinical test trials (tests involving human volunteers) and fully approve any drug or vaccine for human use is about 4 years but usually takes longer. This is because once the clinical trial phase has begun there are a minimum of three phases with each run successively. This process allows time to monitor the results and look for side effects to show up. It is only after this process has been completed that a vaccine or drug is fully approved for use in human subjects. We've only been injecting humans with the Covid vaccines for about 10 months, well short of the typical 4-year minimum in a normal process. This leaves much room for skepticism.
I don’t have time at the moment to address all of this, but there are good reasons why most vaccines take so long, and it is largely because of red tape and logistical issues. These issues were swept aside by governments to allow for faster development. Every vaccine went through the proper trials. As I stated earlier, if long term side effects of vaccines occur, it is usually within the first few months.

As for injecting people with the COVID vaccines, yes, it has been about 10 months for the general public. However, trials started last summer, so we are well over one year.

https://www.biospace.com/article/a-timeline-of-covid-19-vaccine-development/

Arguing to the future isn't helpful for your case. Firstly, side effects of vaccines are mostly known within the first few months. So, at this point, with people having had them for a year or so, long term side effects with the COVID vaccines are unlikely. Secondly, I could just as easily argue to the unknown long term effects of getting COVID. We actually do know that some people have long COVID and continued effects from it, even more than a year. But also consider shingles, which is caused by the sudden appearing of the same virus that causes smallpox, many years or even decades after having had smallpox. That is something the vaccine prevents, since it prevents smallpox in the first place. Or, consider post-polio syndrome. Again, something that the polio vaccine prevents.

We should be basing our decisions off of what we know now. What we know is that the COVID vaccines reduce the severity and spread of COVID, they're much safer than getting COVID, and that COVID is much more than just deaths and hospitalizations--people continue to have ongoing issues from it, affecting their quality of life, even their ability to work.
Just a correction: that would be chickenpox, not smallpox. Thanks hawkman !

Just a correction: that would be chickenpox, not smallpox. Thanks hawkman !
varicella is used to innoculate for both small pox and chicken pox. i know i got that i challenged the officer on the logic of why that was used as i had the chicken pox and wouldnt get that reaction and no i didnt get the scar as i didnt react to it. but what do i know.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back