Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is this Also True?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
chestertonrules said:
Don't knock and it will not be opened for you.

Don't seek and you will not find.

Don't ask and you will not be answered.

Is there some purpose to this?

Perhaps you're suggesting that has something to do with repentance or confession?
Do you know there is a difference?

glorydaz said:
chestertonrules said:

Is there some purpose to this?

Perhaps you're suggesting that has something to do with repentance or confession?
Do you know there is a difference?

My point is that our election is conditional and that we have a role to play in cooperating with God's grace.

We can't be saved without God's grace. However, God's grace has appeared to all men. Many are called, but few are chosen.

If you persist in disobedience or sin you will not be saved.

God has given us very clear instructions regarding what is expected of us.

By grace alone we are CAPABLE of pleasing God.

God wants us to follow his will, and his grace will help us, but he will not force us to follow.

Titus 2:11, 12
For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age,

chestertonrules said:

Two birds in the bush are worth one in the hand?

chestertonrules said:

That seems quite valid to me. Choice is demonstrated throughout scripture from Adam choosing to disobey God in the garden to Israel refusing God's calls for repentance and on.

Judgment based on choice is also easy to demonstrate:
Isa 66:4 I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not.

Accordingly if one chooses not to respond or to flat rebel against what the Lord is calling them to then it will not be opened, will not be found,etc.

I'm sure that's true. I am also sure that the following statement is true. Don't worship the Lord in a pagan fashion. Don't do what the pagans do for their gods to serve the one true God. He made it clear that this is unacceptable worship. I guess some people will never learn that. Oh and also, don't bow down to any graven images. Some people are stumbling over the simplest of things yet they believe they have been given great authority. That's satan's deception.

ronniechoate34 said:
I'm sure that's true. I am also sure that the following statement is true. Don't worship the Lord in a pagan fashion. Don't do what the pagans do for their gods to serve the one true God. He made it clear that this is unacceptable worship. I guess some people will never learn that. Oh and also, don't bow down to any graven images. Some people are stumbling over the simplest of things yet they believe they have been given great authority. That's satan's deception.

I agree. Some men are deceived. I once was deceived.

Jesus started a Church. One Church.

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back