Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is this o.k.?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

jrmycchrn

I was talking with my girlfriend and I was telling her that the peace symbol is a representation of satan. She says that it is wrong for me to point out to people things that are representive of satan unless it is in the bible. She says it gives satan the floor. Is she correct? I feel that I am only trying to make someone alert of satan's deceptive way's.

I was talking with my girlfriend and I was telling her that the peace symbol is a representation of satan. She says that it is wrong for me to point out to people things that are representive of satan unless it is in the bible. She says it gives satan the floor. Is she correct? I feel that I am only trying to make someone alert of satan's deceptive way's.

If you ever have children and even hope to bring them up Godly you will have to get much tougher than that.

Well I have three children my oldest is 13. Doon't know what that has to do with my girlfriend thinking that I am doing the devils work by spreading this knowledge of the peace symbol and other things that I know of. So if anyone can give me some advice i would appreciate.

Hi jrmycchrn,

When I look at the peace symbol, I see a circle with a chicken foot in it.

- Davies

it has no bearing of satan....i use to work with a guy who had a necklace with the sing on satan on it. i thought it was silly but did not affect me or my salvation. yeilding our life to the flesh gives satan a open door...

It would seem you started 2 threads about that topic, and I answered to the other one, wondering why you'd think a peace sign devilish at all.

It is certainly okay for you to voice your opinion, but it's also okay for your gf to disagree. And she has a point in what she says. The more we are scared of Satan the more power we give him over our lives. There are some things that are clearly evil and destructive and we have to flee from them. But seeing Satan behind a merely saecular (and rather positive) symbol like the peace sign.
A symbol is a pattern of lines and colours. It has no spiritual power in itself, all power a symbol has comes from what you attribute to it. So the goodness or evilness of a symbol is not within the symbol, but within your mind.
So if your gf sees a peace symbol as just that, a symbol of the wish for peace among people, then that's exactly what it is for her. Nothing satanic attached to it. But if you want her to avoid peace symbols because they are satanic for you, you ask her to give something to the Satan that wasn't Satan's in the first place. You'd basically ask her to make a sacrifice to Satan out of fear.
Geez I hope this makes sense.

The fifth and final Roman emperor of the Julio-Claudian dynasty, Nero (born Lucius Domitius Ahenabarbus 37 - 68 AD), is remembered in history for persecuting Christians. Nero's rule was so wicked he even had his mother executed. The First Roman-Jewish War (66 - 70 AD) started during his reign and today the term "Nero Cross" is the symbol of the "broken Jew" or "broken cross." The most famous person believed to be crucified by Nero was the Apostle Peter. To symbolize humility and unworthiness in comparison to Christ, Peter requested that he be crucified with his head toward the ground. As a result of Peter's death the upside down cross was used by early Christians as a positive symbol for peace.

When people wear these different symbols on their cloths or buy certain products with these logos that are moching christians and god does this not give satisfaction to satan?even though the person that is using these symbols doesnt know what they actually mean, I feel like that is a very big smack in the face to god. Is it or is it not? especially if it is someone who attends church regularly and wants to please god and have a good relationship with the lord. Maybe its not a smack in the face to our faith but i feel it is and i feel its my duty to alert people to these things ie: music artist that use hand gestures, symbols, subliminal messages, and lyrics to give praise to satan. then an unkowing person is listening to this stuff or thinking that the music is cool. is this stuff not in fact going to be harmful to their relationship with god?

She is incorrect. The Bible does not record every act of evil. We may use evil's very own sources to demonstrate to others who a specific person or group of people are. For example, if you have a book written by a satanist with various symbols in it, you could use that as a warning to others.

It would depend on whether or not the peace symbol really IS a representation of Satan.

"Hey, so when are you going to decorate the bathroom with swastikas?"

Symbols of evil may communicate evil -- to those who know what it is. To those who don't, they may inadvertently communicate something they didn't think they were communicating.

It's something to be aware of, in case the communication were being made. But it's not something to prohibit.

Now, an inverted, broken Cross is highly likely to offend Christians in more ways than one.

But like Davies, I see the peace symbol as something else -- a chicken stepping into a target, as it was represented to me.

i have read where the peace symbol predates christianity and was used by what is called the egyptian school of black magic.
people worshipping satan may think of it as an upside down broken cross.
it is said that satan worshippers who manufacture these symbols put a curse on each one of them before being shipped out to retailers.
in any case, i say don't give anything to satan.
if you like to wear a peace symbol, pray a blessing onto it and enjoy it.
nothing belongs to satan but what we give him.

If it is in the Bible, it is God's Holy word and therefore is true fact. If it is not in the Bible, be cautious and go with what you know. Bottom line, if you love and live for the Lord, you will do well.

I was told that the peace symbol was a chicken foot in a witches trap and representative of evil. I don't make a big deal out of it with people because there are bigger fish to fry. I do not wear them or decorate my house with them just in case. I don't make an issue of it to people because our job is to give testimony as encouragement to others, and harping on things like this could cause someone to stumble unnecessarily. The Holy Spirit will weigh on individuals hearts as is his will while I am to stick to my own personal responsibilities of faith.

I thought my chicken foot idea was original. lol

- Davies

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back