Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is Yahweh and Allah one?

2024 Website Hosting Fees

Total amount
$1,048.00
Goal
$1,038.00
It's a very simple couple of questions I'm asking Jason. Why do you not want to answer?
i did. stop thinking like a gentile and that YOUR God has a name. its not the word called el nor is it the german word for diety(God) but that in hebrew its YHWH.

is it too hard to ask that you acknowledge the old testaments truths? did Jesus change that part of the torah and say you call me YHWH? NOPE. he didnt.

i did. stop thinking like a gentile and that YOUR God has a name. its not the word called el nor is it the german word for diety(God) but that in hebrew its YHWH.

is it too hard to ask that you acknowledge the old testaments truths? did Jesus change that part of the torah and say you call me YHWH? NOPE. he didnt.
But I am a gentile. :) You're playing semantic games. These questions are very simple. All they really require are a "yes" or a "no," although more can be added on. I don't understand why you are intent on making this more difficult than it needs to be. You know what I am asking.

Let me put it another way: is the Christian God the same God of Judaism?

But I am a gentile. :) You're playing semantic games. These questions are very simple. All they really require are a "yes" or a "no," although more can be added on. I don't understand why you are intent on making this more difficult than it needs to be. You know what I am asking.

Let me put it another way: is the Christian God the same God of Judaism?
yes he is. they dont know what they worship but i can and have posted their stuff on that

does your church teach hebrew? do they speak that or use that to describe god? NO so where does one get the YUD stuff from? hebrews themselves.the difference is that they dont know that the hamashiach has come for them and that they can believe the son is real. yah just go to know how to approach them.

you cant tell a jew about jesus. they will walk away from you. so one must speak their language. and yes the trinity is easily found in the tanach. tricky but one cant use elohim for that or the shemah but the metatron and the idea and ruach of YHWH moved on the earth is a strong case for that. they dont see that but if you take the tanach from that angle its all there.

so my answer is that the jews may not have a right relationship with god but they do have his name right. unless you want to tell me that exodus is wrong.lol

yes he is. they dont know what they worship but i can and have posted their stuff on that
Okay then, that is all I was looking for. What this does, which was my whole point in asking, is show that your argument (and you're not the only one to have made it), "muslims deny jesus as the son of allah and deny the trinity," simply does not work as an argument against the idea that the Allah of Islam cannot be Yahweh.

The Jews deny Jesus as the son of God and deny the Trinity. If you want to say that such an argument means that Allah is not Yahweh and therefore not the Christian God, then the Jews do not believe in the Christian God either.

depends on which jew you talk to. some jews are most new agey on that. they may not believe in jesus but do believe that God revealed himself to the gentiles in different forms and with different rules. i have debated those.

just as with oddly the orthodox jews are against gay rights,. some of them arent as well. i have asked an orthodox jew on that my family is orthodox and some of them are pro gay marriage.

but in general because of jesus they will deny that fact their god is the same, they are blind as i said with what they teach.

do a study on the word amen and use chabad.org to do it and think of jesus calling himsel the great amen. amen points to the messiah.

1Jn 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also

The Jewish god is not God the Father

Okay. Is the Jewish God much different than the Allah of Islam?

Yes, the Jewish God is much different than Allah. For one thing, Jesus prayed to Yahweh. Jesus never prayed to Allah.

You're clearly trying to steer me towards making some statement or argument that you feel you have a strong point against. Why not just play your card?

Can anyone involved in this discussion (besides Seeker, of course) deny any of these points?

• There is one God.
  • All other gods are contrived and are not Gods.
  • The Muslim understanding of the One True God is false.
  • Muslims do not have the Truth. They have bought into a lie.
Assuming all of us who are Christians can agree to these points, why is it hard to agree that God is the One and only God of all Creation, and Muslims do not know who it is that they worship? Romans 1 says all men are without excuse, because He reveals himself to all His Creation. He's revealed Himself to Muslims as He has the rest of the world, but they permit a lie to corrupt their understanding of the One True God to the point that they do not know Him at all.

I am the father of all three of my children. If one of them were to lose their mind and not recognize me, would I cease to be their father but continue to be the father to our other 2? No! If s/he, in all their delusion, one day began fabricating everything I had done for them since they were born, if they had it in their heads that I did and said all kinds of things that I never had, if they completely forgot all the amazing things I did for them and with them, would I be a different person? Would I no longer be the same father?

There is no way that Yahweh and Allah are the same. Is Jesus and Satan the same? Not at all. Is Buddha and Jesus the Same? Nope.

1Jn 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also

The Jewish god is not God the Father

This is an incorrect conclusion. Who did Jesus pray to? How about Daniel? David? Moses?

Last edited by a moderator:
Did Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob worship God?
Did Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob worship Yahweh?

Exd 6:3 - And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by [the name of] God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

Is El Shaddai and Yahweh one?
Did Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob have an expectation of the Messiah?

Jhn 8:56 - Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw [it], and was glad.

Mat 8:11 - And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

The name for God among Arab Christians is Allah. But simply because Arab Christians use the same word for God that Islam uses does not make the Judeo/Christian God the demon of Islam.

"Dog" is the generic name used to describe all breeds of canines but that doesn't mean a German Shepherd is the same as a Chihuahua.

Context determines which "Allah" to the Arab Christian is all powerful, all-loving, just, and the Father who sent His Son into the world to die for it, and which one is the impotent imposter Mohammed stole from the Bible and clothed with his own evil and vain imaginings.

Same name doesn't mean same person.

Are you saying the Father and Son are not one?

I'm sure you know your religious history a lot better than myself, but is it not true that your scholars have rejected the doctrine that the Son IS the Father as a heresy?

Yes. Christianity arose from Judaism. Islam did not.

...Except that we would say Islam does arise from Judaism as well as Christ's teachings. We believe in all the prophets, as the Jews and Christians. We believe in one, unique, Creator beyond shape and form, as the Jews. We observe dietary law, as the Jews. We observe religious law, as the Jews. Our men even grow beards like Jews! No objective view can draw a clear line between Islam and Judaism.

The name for God among Arab Christians is Allah. But simply because Arab Christians use the same word for God that Islam uses does not make the Judeo/Christian God the demon of Islam.

"Dog" is the generic name used to describe all breeds of canines but that doesn't mean a German Shepherd is the same as a Chihuahua.

Context determines which "Allah" to the Arab Christian is all powerful, all-loving, just, and the Father who sent His Son into the world to die for it, and which one is the impotent imposter Mohammed stole from the Bible and clothed with his own evil and vain imaginings.

Same name doesn't mean same person.

Apart from your regurgitation of insults, I have to say the point you are making here is accurate. Namely, that what is important is not the name (which can be the same, eg. Arab Christians) but what defines that name. For Muslims, an all-powerful Lord beyond shape and form, or for Christians, the same but who can take shape and form.

1Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

With respect, you (or somebody else) keep putting this same quotation, and I respond the same: nobody here is denying the Christ or that Jesus is the Christ (perhaps Jewish people). But it is a bit of an irrelevant reference.

Yes, the Jewish God is much different than Allah. For one thing, Jesus prayed to Yahweh. Jesus never prayed to Allah.

Jesus prayed to God as Alaha (Aramaic) and Eloh (Hebrew). I don't really care how you spell it, but I can tell you how you pronounce it, and it is the same way I pronounce Allah. Nevertheless, that is not the point I was making. The name is really a secondary issue - if this forum was in a Semitic language then nobody would even bat an eyelid at the word Allah - but what is important is how we define the Muslim Yahweh/Allah/Eloh/God and the Christian Yahweh/Allah/Eloh/God.

Yes, the Christian and Jewish God are Yahweh. Christianity is essentially another chapter of Judaism, based on the same God.

Islam, on the other hand, is a made-up religion. It's not related to Christianity or Judaism; in fact it teaches that their followers are infidels and should be killed. It opposes the Judeo-Christian values in more ways than I can count. Its sacred texts are known as the Koran or Quran, and are a corrupted mockery of the Bible and Tanakh.

I'd be interested in ways that Allah and God have anything in common.

You know I would have laughed out loud when reading that middle paragraph, were it not for the fact that you (and many American Christians) actually believe that. Therefore, I'm actually more scared about how easily an educated human being can be so lacking discernment when people feed you information. Out of curiosity, does it not occur to you that perhaps you can ask me what my religion says, rather than tell me what it says?

Jesus prayed to God as Alaha (Aramaic) and Eloh (Hebrew). I don't really care how you spell it, but I can tell you how you pronounce it, and it is the same way I pronounce Allah. Nevertheless, that is not the point I was making. The name is really a secondary issue - if this forum was in a Semitic language then nobody would even bat an eyelid at the word Allah - but what is important is how we define the Muslim Yahweh/Allah/Eloh/God and the Christian Yahweh/Allah/Eloh/God.

You know I would have laughed out loud when reading that middle paragraph, were it not for the fact that you (and many American Christians) actually believe that. Therefore, I'm actually more scared about how easily an educated human being can be so lacking discernment when people feed you information. Out of curiosity, does it not occur to you that perhaps you can ask me what my religion says, rather than tell me what it says?

Seeker,
I have been to many parts of Africa: Somalia (93), Tunisia, Liberia, etc. during my tenure in the U.S. Marine Corps. I have also been to Bosnia, Albania and other areas such as Turkey. Highly populated Muslim areas. Please tell me of your religion. Honestly, I have only seen the angry, dirty, violent side of your religion.
Here in Missouri last month my wife and I were going into the fitness center at our Community Center for our township. There was a gathering of about 10 people in traditional garb, men and women in their burkas etc.
I was wearing an old Marine Corps tshirt to work out in. As we walk to the door I heard from the crowd, "Too bad we didn't finish the job when we had the chance overseas.". Really,?? You are in my country on VISA that our immigration granted you so you could have a better life and this is the appropriate conduct. FWIW: I do wear a knee brace on each knee as part of war time disabilities.
So please educate me to The Muslim / Islam belief system. As a side note, 2 days later I had left the local parish. I went to a local grocery store. I saw a broke down car in the parking lot with 2 of the Muslim people sitting in the car who were mocking me a few days earlier. Hood up on the car, smoke coming out. I stopped, called my friends at the police station and towing service and tried giving them water for their radiator. I waited till help arrived and then left.
This above example is how my God, Jesus Christ teaches. "Love your neighbor as you love yourself.". My God was beaten, bound, and stretched on a cross to be the perfect sacrifice so man could be in Heaven. He taught love, compassion and caring.
As far as I have gathered, the following is true on what Muslim / Islam believes about Jesus Christ.
Muslims would have us believe that they believe in Jesus. Well, they do, except for His Deity, His Equality with His Father, the Trinity, His Crucifixion, His Resurrection, and to Jesus' Exclusionary assertion that He is the only means to salvation:

Bible (NABRE)
John 14:6
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

As far as Muslims are concerned, Jesus is just another Joe Jew, another messenger from God in a long line of messengers (more than one hundred thousand); nothing special.
So please explain Muslim / Islam to me. I am of open ears and heart.

Back