Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Is yoga ok for Christians to practice?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
jasoncran said:
really with the chanting and the real way of that yogi stuff. The lighting of incense and candles and so on. I dont see how one can think of the lord if ones is being told think of nothing empty yourself and focus on nothing.

Never mind the concentrate on this chakra think of the color that it produces and what aura it will be ie the white or blue aura and the chakra on the head is the closest level to enlightment.

People have a filter in their head for a reason. Just because they tell you to think of nothing and to go along with the chakra stuff, doesn't mean you can't go along with the meditation stuff and pray or think of God and your walk with Him. And incense and candles are nice: at least on my end they calm me down, allowing me to drift away from all the other stuff that is on my mind all the time and focus on JUST God. That could just be me, I don't really know how it affects other people.

Feldew said:
People have a filter in their head for a reason. Just because they tell you to think of nothing and to go along with the chakra stuff, doesn't mean you can't go along with the meditation stuff and pray or think of God and your walk with Him. And incense and candles are nice: at least on my end they calm me down, allowing me to drift away from all the other stuff that is on my mind all the time and focus on JUST God. That could just be me, I don't really know how it affects other people.

Nope, it's not just you!

I loooove candles and always have them lit around the house anyway. If I don't do a yoga video and just plan on doing my own routine, I'll light some candles for the calming vanilla smell and the lovely glow. I'll then put on my Desparation Band station on Pandora, focus my intention on a fruit of the spirit that I feel I need to grow and develop, and will occassionally break out in 'chant' to the song playing! I'll usually end by meditating a bit on a certain verse, emptying my mind of all distracting thoughts and allowing the still small voice to speak.

"BE STILL AND KNOW I AM GOD"

Am I being anti-Christian in doing so?

I don't think so.

Paul says to embrace truth wherever we find it.

In a world where many people do not care for their spiritual selves in their own home because they're too busy to do devotions and SLOW DOWN and stop go-go-going enough to hear God speak, the same world that does not honor their body as a temple of the Lord and exercise and train as we were designed to...and Christian yoga can enhance BOTH...you are fulfilling the command to BE STILL and HONOR YOUR BODY AS A TEMPLE.

If your mind is not quiet and free of distraction, how can you hear the voice barely louder than a whisper?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back