Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum Art Theft

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00

Mike S

More than 20 years ago, the Gardner museum was the scene of greatest art theft in history. More than $500 million worth of art was stolen, and has never been recovered.

Today, federal officials where digging in a Manchester Connecticut yard looking for information on the crime.

Hey, Pard...this isn't your neighbor, is it? :)

Lawyer: Feds digging up mobster’s yard in hunt for Gardner paintings - http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view/20220510lawyer_feds_digging_up_mobsters_yard_in_hunt_for_gardner_paintings/srvc=home&position=0

MANCHESTER, Conn. — FBI agents, bloodhounds, beagles and a ferret are swarming the backyard of a reputed Connecticut mobster in a hunt for the long-lost Gardner Museum masterworks, the alleged gangster’s lawyer told the Herald.

Agents are executing a search-and-seizure warrant to look for guns at the Manchester, Conn., home and property of 75-year-old Robert Gentile, but “they’re looking for paintings,†said defense attorney Ryan McGuigan. “We all know what they’re really looking for.â€

Seriously, the Gardner is a charming little museum in Boston, one my wife and I visit often. I hope they do get the masterpieces back undamaged.

View attachment 2378

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back