Christian Forums

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Focus on the Family

Strengthening families through biblical principles.

Focus on the Family addresses the use of biblical principles in parenting and marriage to strengthen the family.

• Guest, Join Papa Zoom today for some uplifting biblical encouragement! --> Daily Verses
  • The Gospel of Jesus Christ

Heard of "The Gospel"? Want to know more?

There is salvation in no other, for there is not another name under heaven having been given among men, by which it behooves us to be saved."

Isaiah 53:11 in which Bible? Which Bible has God's Word?

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
That's Roman Catholicism. That's not the Church. Rome is heretical and schismatic. So, there is only one other logical possibility as to what the true Church is, and it isn't Oriental Orthodox, Old Catholic, Anglican, or Protestant or Independent. I believe people who read my posts already know what I believe the true Church is. The sex-abuse scandals happened in Roman Catholicism, not in the true Church. As for me being a moron, I stand corrected by someone who doesn't know that the sex abuse scandal wasn't committed by the true Church. You don't even know what the Church is, if you think the pedophilia of celibate Roman Catholic priests comes from God.
That's not from the true Church.

The true church isn't an institution. It is all of God's people, in whatever denomination they may be, Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodix, Baptist, Lutheran, Presbyterian Pentecostal or anythng else. There are people who belong to the true church within Roman Cahtolicism, as there are in all other denominations. And even though it hasn't been much in the headlines, things like sexual, physical and psycological abuse happen in all denominations.

Why must this verse have the word "light"? the word "light" appears in many other places.

Here is the Authorized King James Version:
[FONT=arial,helvatica]"He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities." (Isaiah 53:11).
I would use this word for word translation that is the Authorized King James Bible.

Here are some links that will help you:
The New International Version - NIV
Which Bible Can We Trust?

Why would Isaiah 53:11 be okay in the KJV if it omits the word light?
Why (how) is it okay if it doesn't have the word light? How do we know which version is the correct Bible version, the one with the word "light", or the one without it?
Which version of Isaiah 53:11 is the word of God? Which one is inspired?
Which one is blessed by the Holy Spirit? Which one is the original version?
Which one speaks of the resurrection of Christ?
Which one omits the word light or life, and therefore omits reference to the resurrection of Christ?
In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington
:):study:nod
[/FONT]

The true church isn't an institution. It is all of God's people, in whatever denomination they may be, Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodix, Baptist, Lutheran, Presbyterian Pentecostal or anythng else. There are people who belong to the true church within Roman Cahtolicism, as there are in all other denominations. And even though it hasn't been much in the headlines, things like sexual, physical and psycological abuse happen in all denominations.
While it may be true that sexual abuse happens in denominations, it doesn't happen widespread, does it? Doesn't it seem to happen more in Roman Catholicism than in other "churches"? I have heard about some sexual problems even in Eastern Orthodoxy. We need to understand that even in the true Church, or in a true church, there is sin. Christ didn't promise a sinless church, just a church that can resist sin. 1 John says that whatever is born of God does not sin, but that if we say we are without sin, the truth is not in us. So we would just expect the Church Christ founded would be able to resist sin, because Christ is with Her. It will have certain signs of being One Holy Catholic and Apostolic that other denominations do not have. Take care.

You are relying on an English translation from the Hebrew text of the Great Scroll of Isaiah which in column XLIV line 12 is the same as 53:6 in the Masoretic Text. The translation states as follows: "we have turned and YHWH has caused to light on him the iniquity of us all". This has nothing to do with the "light" of resurrection or with light of any kind. It simply the translator's way of translating the Hebrew word "hefgiyah" ie inflict. The Hebrew word for light is "or" which is not found in the text of the Great Scroll. The actual Hebrew in the Great Scroll is exactly the same as in the MT, ie. "koolana ktson taeenu eesh ledarku peneenu; vadonai hefgiyah bo et avon koolanu"--We all went astray like sheep, we have turned each one on his way; and the LORD inflicted upon him the iniquity of all of us. If you don't believe me I suggest you consult someone who is fluent in Hebrew and check the DSS in the original Hebrew. :study
Does the original Hebrew text of the OT exist? No. Is it preserved in the Greek translation of the OT, the LXX (Septuagint)? Yes. The oldest version of the Bible that is reliable is the Greek. The Jews were in competing sects, but the rabbis who translated the Hebrew into Greek preserved the original Hebrew text in the Greek language. The Church had always used the Greek OT, and this was the OT that Jesus Christ and His apostles quoted. Take care. I would say all we have in Hebrew is copies of the original, not the original. The DSSB may be accurate in some places, but not the same as the original in others. It's impossible to say what has happened to the original Hebrew, due to the unfaithfulness of OT Israel which the Bible talks about, it's no surprise if they had lost touch with the original words of the Lord in some places. But God providentially worked through the Jewish rabbis who preserved the Hebrew in the Greek language, in providential foresight that the NT would be written in Greek, not in Hebrew, and that God would speak in a new tongue, Greek, instead of the previously sacred tongue of Hebrew. Due to Jewish unfaithfulness, God moved His Spirit over into the Gentiles, though a small remnant of Israel, the Jews, remained true to Christ. One day, God will restore Israel and the Jews and all Israel will be saved (Romans 11). Then Israel will be blessed again in an even better way than she was blessed in OT days.

Head to this website and you will find out why the Authorized King James Bible is inspired:

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com
Does the KJV say that the KJV is inspired by God? Did the KJV translators believe that their work was inspired by God? No. Can a book attest to itself, or must we rely on men to tell us it's inspired? And, how can they prove that it is? Unless they are inspired , too. No. No English version of the Bible is as inspired or God-breathed as the Greek originals. Only the NT is God's word in an unequivocal sense; the other Bibles in English, Latin, Armenian, Russian, Slavonic, French, Spanish, etc. are all HUMAN TRANSLATIONS OF GOD'S WORD, and THEREFORE SUBJECT TO HUMAN LIMITATIONS AND ERRORS. In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington
PS We believe the Greek NT is the inspired Word of God because the Greek Orthodox Church that wrote it tells us that it is. Amen.
PS The Greek OT is also the inspired Word of God in a correct translation of the original Hebrew, and the original Hebrew is long lost and no longer extant.
:study

Donations

Total amount
$1,592.00
Goal
$5,080.00
Back